Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
So I know this was briefly spoken of in a recruits thread but wanted to make a thread here to ask what’s up with 247sports? They update multiple times a day but they’ve not updated Liberty at all. They’ve got us down for 8 or 9 commits. Anyone got an account that can reach out and get them to fix it?
By Class of 20Something
Liberty22 wrote:So I know this was briefly spoken of in a recruits thread but wanted to make a thread here to ask what’s up with 247sports? They update multiple times a day but they’ve not updated Liberty at all. They’ve got us down for 8 or 9 commits. Anyone got an account that can reach out and get them to fix it?
I've reached out with no response. They still have us bsc too.
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
Liberty22 wrote:So I know this was briefly spoken of in a recruits thread but wanted to make a thread here to ask what’s up with 247sports? They update multiple times a day but they’ve not updated Liberty at all. They’ve got us down for 8 or 9 commits. Anyone got an account that can reach out and get them to fix it?
I've reached out with no response. They still have us bsc too.
It’s crap haha. I want to see ours updated.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
It must be the Trump factor. Jerry Jr. loves Trump and therefore 247 snubs us. HA.

Also, if they added our signees to the list we would jump from 125 to 118 in the recruiting rankings. I see that number climbing by Februarys signing day.
By Jonathan Carone
It could be that we are still technically an FCS school. The 2018 athletics season doesn’t start until July 1, 2018.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Well, somebody got 247's attention.

They not only updated our commits to signed letter of attent but they even dropped dropped 2 stars on Vincent Elefante, Jonathan Graham, Kevin Shaa, Bejour Wilson and Mason Yost.

They still aren't up to date on Javon Scruggs and Marcellous Harris as Hard Commits. Not to mention they have Logan Beadles as a hard commit and not a signed letter of intent player.

But beggars can't be choosers or so that is what my dad used to tell me, ha.

By the way we are officially ranked 118 in the recruiting rankings now.
By Class of 20Something
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:Well, somebody got 247's attention.

They not only updated our commits to signed letter of attent but they even dropped dropped 2 stars on Vincent Elefante, Jonathan Graham, Kevin Shaa, Bejour Wilson and Mason Yost.

They still aren't up to date on Javon Scruggs and Marcellous Harris as Hard Commits. Not to mention they have Logan Beadles as a hard commit and not a signed letter of intent player.

But beggars can't be choosers or so that is what my dad used to tell me, ha.

By the way we are officially ranked 118 in the recruiting rankings now.
I linked the recruiting page to A Sea of Red. Lol. I guess they saw good work.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I'm sure they were grateful for the Intel. It's a busy time there, and a small staff. I've sent updates for our basketball recruiting/roster to verbalcommits (pretty much a one man operation) on several occasions, and the corrections generally show up a day or 2 later.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
So, I did a little recon work on our roster in relationship to star-rated players.

As of now, we have 36 star-rated players on our roster. This is a culmination from 247 and Rivals. 12 - 3 star players and 24 - 2 star players. Now, we will probably see that number rise by National Signing Day and eve potentially after NSD due to transfers and Jucos. My hope is that we atleast have 40 star-rated players on our roster, which would be about half. This will significantly help our depth in talent.

But, the question came to my mind. When can we realistically expect our roster to reflect atleast 75% of star-rated players?

The other question I thought of was, when should we realistically expect to break the top 80 in recruiting classes and what will help us achieve a top 80 class in recruiting?
By Class of 20Something
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:So, I did a little recon work on our roster in relationship to star-rated players.

As of now, we have 36 star-rated players on our roster. This is a culmination from 247 and Rivals. 12 - 3 star players and 24 - 2 star players. Now, we will probably see that number rise by National Signing Day and eve potentially after NSD due to transfers and Jucos. My hope is that we atleast have 40 star-rated players on our roster, which would be about half. This will significantly help our depth in talent.

But, the question came to my mind. When can we realistically expect our roster to reflect atleast 75% of star-rated players?

The other question I thought of was, when should we realistically expect to break the top 80 in recruiting classes and what will help us achieve a top 80 class in recruiting?
According to 247 all of our current commitments are under a 82 rating. Our class average is 79. Three star ratings can get up to 88. If our average gets up to just 82 or 83 with a full class we will be firmly in the top 80 classes.

For reference Boise St last year was the only G5 to pull in a 4* recruit with 18 three stars. They averaged an 83.61. This landed them at 64.

UTSA was at #75 with no 4* recruits, 17 3* guys, and an average of 80.81.

2018 is proudly and appropriately our best class ever, but we should EXPECT the best class ever for the next 5 years. If that happens we will be a top 75 recruiting program in no time at all.
By Class of 20Something
thepostman wrote:You guys really love 247...
It's the most comprehensive recruiting site and nearly every fanbase looks at it.
By Class of 20Something
thepostman wrote:I'm aware but that has nothing to do with my observation.
Sure it does. We want to make sure that Liberty is getting due respect and recognition by every other fan base.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

Hopefully we are not losing out on Bond. I would s[…]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I like biographies, books about finance and human […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]