Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Hes def still fishing for bigger offers. Saw a 247 article confirming his visit on the 19th. Also said he was looking to set up more so we will likely have to seal the deal on his visit.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I said it in the recruiting thread but this kid is the most dynamic tape ive seen in the open field of anybody weve landed in a long time. I dont know if he stays at qb but id want him on my team.

He could be the kick returner weve needed as well.
By cruzan_flame13
jinxy wrote:I said it in the recruiting thread but this kid is the most dynamic tape ive seen in the open field of anybody weve landed in a long time. I dont know if he stays at qb but id want him on my team.

He could be the kick returner weve needed as well.
This kid will be a fantastic player to watch indeed. His tape definitely made my day thus far.
I would love to see a commitment this weekend. He was impressed that we got Huntley to transfer to us. I would be too if I were going to get to throw the ball to him.

His highlight reel is more impressive than I thought. Very creative and his escapability is almost unreal. He throws a good deep ball as well, but I see some things that ole Buckshot and coach Dailey can help him with.
I think Jacquez is a lock for us UNLESS he gets an offer from a power 5. The only question is has he been promised the #2 spot behind Buckshot or is he okay with being redshirted? One thing is for sure, him on the team will help our defense prep for running quarterbacks better than in the past. Probably since Mike Brown
I can't believe no one has mention this watching his tape. He always knows where the line of scrimmage is. He runs parallel to the line after rolling out if he doesn't take the ball himself. There are NFL starters that can't do that.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:I can't believe no one has mention this watching his tape. He always knows where the line of scrimmage is. He runs parallel to the line after rolling out if he doesn't take the ball himself. There are NFL starters that can't do that.
Interesting observation. Personally, I think I was too dazzled by the moves he put on to get to that point to notice. Dating myself here, but some of the things he does scrambling I haven't seen since the days of Fran Tarkenton. Reverse pivots running away from the line of scrimmage 15 yards deep in the backfield. Crazy stuff.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Again ive heard we were no longer recruiting him once robinson committed. Could def be wrong but that was the indication my source got from what what they were hearing.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:THIS KID IS FISHING!

I know he could help us on the field, but do we want someone who looks at us as his fall-back?
My guess is he is hoping for an offer from a P5 (not likely at this point) or more realistically one of the higher profile G5 programs close to home there in FL. Call it fishing or whatever you want, personally I don't have a huge problem with it. We have had some really good players who ended up at LU as a fallback. Darren Peterson comes to mind.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:Again ive heard we were no longer recruiting him once robinson committed. Could def be wrong but that was the indication my source got from what what they were hearing.
My first thought on that is the only way getting a commit from Robinson should cause us to back off of Carter is if Jacques has said he doesn't want to be a WR or PR while waiting for a shot at QB.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
again i agree with you. Ive been hearing this for a week. To me you take talent and worry about how it fits together on the field later. Especially in our position. Most fbs teams carry 5 scholly qbs plus a walk on or 2 anyway.

Maybe we still are. My source could def be wrong though. Thats why i asked to see what manson was hearing since his sources are better than mine on football for sure.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:My source could def be wrong though.
Is your source the same one ballcoach uses? :oldhag :fineprint
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
I refuse to believe that we stopped recruiting him. He would be the best athlete of the class. I mean I wouldn’t be surprised with this staff since the only thing they can recruit well is WRs.

This dude could’ve been the next Mike Brown.
By soccer7
Registration Days Posts
If they stopped recruiting him then that looks bad for the staff IMOPO. I also thinks that doesn't help with Davis's decision. It seems they hit it off on there trip to the mountain.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Jaquez retweets a GIF of Willie Taggert announcing another commit and emplores him to "watch my tape!" Pretty clear he is still holding out hope for FSU or another high profile FL based program, which is neither unusual or stupid IF he knows he has a backup.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]