Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:We just had a scholarship open up thanks to one of his neighbors in Florida. I do however suspect we will try to fill that slot with an OL.
No inside info, but by my calculations we had a scholarship available for Jacquez before Weaver changed his mind. I'm thinking if there is a JUCO OL still out there that is a fit, it could actually provide an upgrade in terms of immediate help. It's the exception for a true FR to play at OL.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Jacquez has moved his recruiting efforts here:
It is the twitter for a service that is promoting a bunch of unsigned FL recruits.

Makes me wonder if our offer is still on the table.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:Jacquez has moved his recruiting efforts here:
It is the twitter for a service that is promoting a bunch of unsigned FL recruits.

Don't know about that, but what it does say is that we weren't very high on his list to begin with. Hope we are not involved with him any more, if we are his 3rd or 4th fall back choice.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote:
olldflame wrote:Jacquez has moved his recruiting efforts here:

Don't know about that, but what it does say is that we weren't very high on his list to begin with. Hope we are not involved with him any more, if we are his 3rd or 4th fall back choice.
He had been trying to get Taggert to watch his video for days. He had other G5 offers besides us. Kid just needs a reality check. Personally, I would give him a few more days to come to his senses. Kid has talent, and while I don't know if he is actually a Liberty fit, unlike some we have had in the past, he at least nows how to tweet like one.
Last edited by olldflame on February 9th, 2018, 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Now your getting it . He missed his chance. Maybe we circle back but i doubt it. We will have to find a rb and ol or dl via juco already.

I thinj they couldnt risk not signing a qh and he waited too long.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:Now your getting it . He missed his chance. Maybe we circle back but i doubt it. We will have to find a rb and ol or dl via juco already.

I thinj they couldnt risk not signing a qh and he waited too long.
Pretty sure we have at least 3 schollies.
I really don't think there is a JUCU RB out there that can help us. OL would be the priority for sure. We missed out on "Juice" but we still signed 6 DL. Carter is just a special athlete who could do a lot of things for us in the short term and might develop into a legit QB.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Atlanta Flame wrote:Liberty was not a fit for him and he most likely had an influence on Davis.
You may be right on Carter, but if Davis was that easily influenced (by a guy he only knew from a couple of days hanging out on his LU visit and some social media interactions) it's better he is going to ODU. Personally, I doubt it.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
So, either Carter continues to be totally delusional in settling for nothing less than a P5 offer, or ALL of his other options have disappeared for some reason. If a player has talent, that usually means academics, or some other significant off field issue. This has JUCO written all over it.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
A Sea of Red wrote:Committed to UMass
I can just picture this kid tweeting his commitment with one hand and holding his nose with the other. If he actually wanted to go to UMass, he would have signed a NLI 3 weeks ago. He didn't even visit there. He will be very fortunate if their offer is still good. Offers and verbals don't mean a lot before signing day. They mean even less after. If he ends up at UMass, it looks like we will see him Nov. 3.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
A Florida guy playing home football games during a New England winter? I get chills just thinking about it. :dontgetit
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:A Florida guy playing home football games during a New England winter? I get chills just thinking about it. :dontgetit
I don't think he had any other options. It's pretty clear we withdrew our offer. It may have been partly because we signed Robinson, but I also suspect something came up during his visit that led us to believe he would not be a good fit at Liberty.
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]