Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Isaiah Edwards
6' 8" 360 lbs Offensive Lineman
JUCO: Independence (KS) CC (** Last Chance U Season 3 **)
HS: Katy (TX) Cinco Ranch HS

*** Rice Owls Bounce-Back with 2 Years to Play 2 Seasons ***

247sports Profile

Independence College Profile

Rice Profile

Rivals HS Profile 2- :star

beRecruited HS Profile

Hudl Profile

Twitter

[youtube]z4SbncK0mog[/youtube]

Story done by a buddy of mine at a local Houston station when he was still in HS:
KTRK ABC13 wrote:Isaiah Edwards: Tough to stop in any sport

By Bob Slovak
Tuesday, February 10, 2015

KATY, TX (KTRK) -- On the football field, Isaiah Edwards, big number 79 is a monster. The 6'8" and 360 pound Rice signee lead the Cougars in knockdowns last season.

On the hardwood, Edwards looks even bigger. Let's just say he fills up the paint. Cinco Ranch head coach Neil King was happy Edwards told him early he wanted to play this season, It gave Edwards a heads up on buying a super large uniform.
Click Here for Full Story
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Basketball is actually Isaiah's first sport..."At first, you wouldn't expect someone with that size to have that good of foot work, but he's a real good basketball player."
A Sea of Red wrote:Update on Edwards - he's now not going to make the trip this weekend. Sounds like getting him qualified academically is a big hurdle.
I'm kind of glad to hear that there is an enforcement of standards in football. I wish he could qualify, but we shouldn't compromise academics for athletics.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
He spent at least a year and a half at one of the top academic schools in the country. My guess is the academic rigor of Rice may have sabotaged his GPA. But that is purely speculative on my part.
Sly Fox wrote:He spent at least a year and a half at one of the top academic schools in the country. My guess is the academic rigor of Rice may have sabotaged his GPA. But that is purely speculative on my part.
Doesn't rice push out a ton of JUCOs for this reason? That was my first thought when I saw he had gone to rice.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
A fair amount. But you have to have pretty strong HS academic/testing record to get into Rice even as a football player. Rice's undergrad is considered among the most challenging in America on par or higher than most Ivy League schools.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
The "Big Tuna" is one that "got away." :(
2024 Recruiting Discussion

Hopefully we are not losing out on Bond. I would s[…]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I like biographies, books about finance and human […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]