Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:This morning he retweeted Carter.
And it was a faith based tweet. Maybe reading too much between the lines, but I don't recall seeing any social media interactions between Elijah and other recruits from ODU or JMU like those he has had with Suggs and Carter.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:Def has RT several odu kids with offers
Retweeting an offer tweet is a courtesy..... bordering on obligatory. Davis has had more personal interactions with Scruggs and Carter. Anyway, we'll know soon.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I would bet he committed on his visit. Thats why jmu and us stopped with the edits etc.

The competition factor is totally not a valid reason. He still signs with odu despite 10 backs. Same with qbs who sign with schools with stacked qbs like lynum. We should have been in sooner on davis. Ive been surprised that weve struggled the most at getting a qb and rb in this class.
jinxy wrote:I would bet he committed on his visit. Thats why jmu and us stopped with the edits etc.

The competition factor is totally not a valid reason. He still signs with odu despite 10 backs. Same with qbs who sign with schools with stacked qbs like lynum. We should have been in sooner on davis. Ive been surprised that weve struggled the most at getting a qb and rb in this class.
To be fair, the QB on our roster is about to rewrite the record books over a QB currently on an NFL practice squad. But I did want his replacement this class.
By cruzan_flame13
I wonder if a significant other plus family had something to do with this decision as well? I hope the best for him, but i wonder when he'll see some field time? He would've had the opportunity immediately, but i suppose that wasn't that important. I hope whatever the staff at ODU promised him Lala will receive.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
We could have had the big local kid that ended up signing with Richmond. He wanted to come to LU and we didn't recruit him. Oh well, coaches are no better than their recruits and some aren't even that good. 8)
By cruzan_flame13
flameshaw wrote:We could have had the big local kid that ended up signing with Richmond. He wanted to come to LU and we didn't recruit him. Oh well, coaches are no better than their recruits and some aren't even that good. 8)
#Freeze18 :mrgreen:
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
jinxy wrote:I would bet he committed on his visit. Thats why jmu and us stopped with the edits etc.

To be fair, the QB on our roster is about to rewrite the record books over a QB currently on an NFL practice squad. But I did want his replacement this class.
To put it in perspective, if Calvert was a HS senior this year, he would have ruled out Liberty because some guy named Buckshot was going to be the starter there the next 2 years. Robinson has some upside, but I expect Buckshot's replacement to come in next year's class.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
flameshaw wrote:We could have had the big local kid that ended up signing with Richmond. He wanted to come to LU and we didn't recruit him. Oh well, coaches are no better than their recruits and some aren't even that good. 8)
Did that kid have any FBS offers? I'm not positive, but I don't think so.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
Did that kid have any FBS offers? I'm not positive, but I don't think so.
Don't think Overstreet had any FBS offers. And he is going to Richmond as a LB, not RB. I think he wants to run the ball so if we had offered him as a RB I think he would have jumped all over it.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I just find it humerous that flameshaw has been trying to make a running joke about the fact that we have 4 or 5 of our 27 signees with no other FBS offers, but now is questioning why we didn't sign Overstreet.

Time will tell, but I have a strong feeling that Frith, Lester and Graham will end up proving that all the other programs that passed over them were wrong.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:I just find it humerous that flameshaw has been trying to make a running joke about the fact that we have 4 or 5 of our 27 signees with no other FBS offers, but now is questioning why we didn't sign Overstreet.

Time will tell, but I have a strong feeling that Frith, Lester and Graham will end up proving that all the other programs that passed over them were wrong.
The only reason I questioned why we didn't even recruit him, is because he wanted to come to LU and is a good kid. Most of the players we signed, we were not their first or second choice. He is a big bruiser and could have helped us on short-yardage situations. He is local and led the state in rushing I believe. There is a lot of difference between an offer from FCS Hampton and FCS Richmond, JMU, NDSU, etc. But hey, TG has to live with his recruits, for as long as he can. No skin off my nose either way.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]