Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
It has been referenced numerous times over the past few months, but there is an early signing period coming up for football for the first time ever. It is strategically placed just before Christmas so that kids who want the distraction of recruiting out of the way through the holidays can end it all with the stroke of a pen.

Traditionally the month of January has been the time that the majority of official visits takes place with the kids free from football distractions and focused on the next level. We are seeing considerably greater effort here at LU and at other schools to move up that timeline into November and December.

This could work for us or against us. Now that the big boys are getting the ink earlier, it should help persuade those kids who were holding out hope for the P5s who have strung them along with "interest" to recognize what their options really are. That's in our favor in January. It also helps us secure kids that have generated late buzz with a stellar senior season like Uriah West. On the other hand, we have benefited from kids holding out hope into January for that dream offer and then looked around and we were ready and waiting to swoop in. That will be tougher as we have seen in the hoops scenario the past few years.

The one other significant change we will see this spring from the addition of this December Signing Period is that juniors will now be able to take official visits beginning in April. That is a significant development. That is also why I suspect you are seeing us offer so many 2019 kids this year. We want them to take an official to us in the spring before the big boys come calling.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
So i think we have roughly 7 open hs spots and 3 open mid year jucos.

The juco db visiting has no other d1 offers and they have prioritized him so he will likely take 1. I also hear they are trying to set up a visit for a juco o lineman they offered last week nicknamed big tuna. He has 3 other fcs offers and seems interested. Could play right away. Could see them taking henry or a juco lb or lineman as well.

Hs wise. Key question is 1 or 2 qbs. If lynun commits by weekend likely just 1. If not they probably bring in robinson and roll the dice and save a scholly for him.

1 of the rbs will take one

Cormier still appears to be a high priority and hopefully hes visiting this weekend.

Bebee and jefferson both remain on the board as 3 star centers with stiff competition.

Db and lb would have to get a couple and maybe another d lineman as well.
Sean Queens NLI just came in per Facebook post. 2 of our 2 stars are officially in!

By the way does anyone on the board feel there will be one or two surprises today? I have a feeling that Lynum signs with us today. But then again, that could be breakfast talking!
I like this early signing day. Most players already know where they want to go. Sign and get it over with.

Early signing day prevents the rogue schools from committing more illegal and unethical recruiting, than they normally do.
Who's the prospect that we offer to walk on the team? I hope he consider and become our Clay Matthews or the Legend Kevin Greene a.k.a Rambro lol. By the way, we might be playing against Greene's son in Southern Mississippi (if he'll still be there).
so far and this is counting Cater and Jones-Morris, 18 of our 22 have signed. Scruggs is waiting and Weaver could be as well. Others still waiting on are Shaa and Harris and both of them I believe are signing after noon.

The BIG question still remains. . .

Will there be any surprise? :D
According to 247sports, LU's recruiting class is ranked is 120th in the country, which is ABOVE several schools in bowl game this year. And above schools that have WON bowl games! :shock: :clapping

https://247sports.com/Season/2018-Footb ... amRankings
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Would hope to lock up weaver and harris. Cater and the safety are definites.

Elijah davis wont be signing with anyone today

Rick lester has now pinned our offer tweet amd it doesnt appear that he will be signing with northern colorado. Hes likely an option to replace scruggs should things go south.

Matt terrell a DE from lca that transferred from uva after his frosh year has resurfaced at jmu as part of their class as a lb after a juco year.

Weaver is the real one to watch. Knowing the slimy kiffin they have pushed him to hold off signing.

Of note, players can sign tomorrow as well before the non contact period starts. I wouldnt be surprised if we distribute a couple more offers if weaver and scruggs dont sign.
Cider Jim wrote:According to 247sports, LU's recruiting class is ranked is 120th in the country, which is ABOVE several schools in bowl game this year. And above schools that have WON bowl games! :shock: :clapping

https://247sports.com/Season/2018-Footb ... amRankings
It’s not up to date yet. I suspect it’ll rise a little. Of note, coastal is ranked higher as of now but again they’re missing about 9 signees.
olldflame wrote:Any real reason to think Scruggs is not signing? He certainly has been acting like a hard commit, encouraging Davis to join him.
Wasn't that a tweet from last week though? Things can change in a week. I hope he stays committed and Lala to join.
NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]

North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]

Oh, the Great Unwashed ... alumni of the Universit[…]