Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

People often get confused with people like myself.

When i am critiquing the program I will often being up the money spent. This isn't because in entitled but it just makes sense. If you invest more money into anything you expect a certain level of success or results. If I am putting my money towards something and I am not getting positive results I will reevaluate where that money is going.

Sports is very similar. A ton of money is going into athletics at liberty. When you do that criticism of failure will be louder. Of course money doesn't mean you'll be successful but it will mean you will be held to a higher standard.

I get so annoyed when people try to claim it's an entitled attitude. It has nothing to do with entitlement. Never has.
thepostman wrote:People often get confused with people like myself.

When i am critiquing the program I will often being up the money spent. This isn't because in entitled but it just makes sense. If you invest more money into anything you expect a certain level of success or results. If I am putting my money towards something and I am not getting positive results I will reevaluate where that money is going.

Sports is very similar. A ton of money is going into athletics at liberty. When you do that criticism of failure will be louder. Of course money doesn't mean you'll be successful but it will mean you will be held to a higher standard.

I get so annoyed when people try to claim it's an entitled attitude. It has nothing to do with entitlement. Never has.
Sports is not similar. If I put more money into my business or real estate or a restaurant then absolutely there should be an uptick in results. Sports? Not the case. It doesn’t hurt but you can’t make a causative argument at all. It’s nice to have the bright and shiny things. But they do not substitute for what it takes to be successful. In short, there is no way to say ‘We have spent X number of dollars, therefore we expect X number of victories ‘

There’s a difference between expecting a return on investment and simply thinking we will be good because we spend money. The entitlement comments come to the portion of the fan base who thinks because we spend the money we deserve to be good.

+1
As Santa waits for all to sleep I would love to fill my stocking with my expectations for Flames football.
Reality is a beeeeatch.

Our class is nice. I have seen a few eloquent comments that hit the heart of our class. We are a nobody in :football , and drew some real potential. A few days travelling and spending time with friends and family gave me some video time. I really wanted to break down the class to specifics (pluses on the field and areas requiring improvement) but I think we all can expect imperfections and the coaching staff is there to grow men and build football talent. I have faith in this class of recruits.

My dream class no matter the circumstance fills the lines, grab a QB, tight ends, and nails corners.

GO FLAMES
CCWMichael wrote:
My dream class no matter the circumstance fills the lines, grab a QB, tight ends, and nails corners.

GO FLAMES

I think this is a pretty solid strategy going forward. Teams that can dominate the line of scrimmage win football games. It would be sound to try and pull in three guys on the line every class.

That's 24 roster spots for 9-10 trench positions(depending on Defensive style. E.g. 3-4, 4-3)

I don't care what level of football you're playing at, line play wins football games. Would you rather a 3 star RB with a bad line or a 2 star with a great line? I'd rather a 3 star with a great line.

Build the wall with a large enough foundation that it can never crumble.
Last edited by Class of 20Something on December 26th, 2017, 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

I'm not sure why anyone thought online would eve[…]

Some statistics

Our RPI is quite a bit higher than those rankings.[…]

Longwood

Did you make the trip to Farmville?

G5 Playoff Only

We DO NOT want this. This is Division 1AA all ove[…]