Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

FlamesHighontheTide wrote:

247 just dropped 3 stars on the big fella!! That now gives us 3 out of our 5 lineman commits as 3 stars!!!
I really could see the staff just dropping these guys on the field from day one. Would a class of freshmen high ranked linemen be better than what we have observed the past two season?
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:I still think Dontae Duff is a staple on our line as he has been solid for 2 years. But. . . stranger things have happened.
Obviously use some discretion. But he started as a true freshman, correct? I don't know why we wouldn't roll the dice with the greatest class in school history versus an offensive line that has been abysmal and injury laden for years.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:I still think Dontae Duff is a staple on our line as he has been solid for 2 years. But. . . stranger things have happened.
I would add Thomas Sargeant as a likely returning starter. Tough, smart and an incredible work ethic. The staff love him. Came as a 245 pound walk-on and after redshirting a year he is now 275 and started every game this season. He actually beat out Duff as the starting center and Duff moved to guard. He will probably be 285-290 by the start of next season.

I expect 2 or 3 of these OL recruits to play next year, which is way more than usual. The rest will redshirt.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
Obviously use some discretion. But he started as a true freshman, correct? I don't know why we wouldn't roll the dice with the greatest class in school history versus an offensive line that has been abysmal and injury laden for years.
Duff redshirted as a FR. If you want to see what happens when you start a bunch of FR in the O line, look no farther than Coastal this year. Nuff said?
olldflame wrote:
Class of 20Something wrote:
Duff redshirted as a FR. If you want to see what happens when you start a bunch of FR in the O line, look no farther than Coastal this year. Nuff said?
3-9 Isn't that were we are all expecting us to be next season? They brought in two 3* recruits on the OL last year. We already have one more 3* than that on the OL.
By Jonathan Carone
olldflame wrote: I expect 2 or 3 of these OL recruits to play next year, which is way more than usual. The rest will redshirt.
It’s unfortunate this staff has to play to win next year instead of building the program for the future. I’d love that entire offensive line as fifth year seniors in 2022. I get it though. They feel the pressure to win now.
I love how excited we are about the O-lineman we are getting in this class!! They do so much dirty work with little media praise but this group of lineman have BIG potential. Even if we don't get Landon Bebee to sign, this group can be special!
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:I love how excited we are about the O-lineman we are getting in this class!! They do so much dirty work with little media praise but this group of lineman have BIG potential. Even if we don't get Landon Bebee to sign, this group can be special!
If I am reading the tea leaves correctly, Bebee is hoping for an offer from Oklahoma. If he does not get it, I believe he will be a Flame. Same situation with Ballard and Memphis.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:
olldflame wrote: I expect 2 or 3 of these OL recruits to play next year, which is way more than usual. The rest will redshirt.
It’s unfortunate this staff has to play to win next year instead of building the program for the future. I’d love that entire offensive line as fifth year seniors in 2022. I get it though. They feel the pressure to win now.
+1 This is another reason, I would have cut them loose after this year. They know they have to win next year and the focus will be short term.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
A Sea of Red wrote:Will be interesting to see if he signs today, especially with that last minute FAU offer.
Plus the 10 year extension Kiffin signed and the 50 point win in their bowl. Of course nobody believes Lane will be there more than another year or 2, but he can still tell recruits he isn't going anywhere.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
you could see this coming since december 20th when it was said that “theres no issue he was always planning on signing february”. Meanwhile everyone with a brain knew what that meant. The timing of it makes you lose respect for the kid since he actually visited fau on january 12th. At this point in time theres not much we can do unless we jumped back in on jefferson.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:you could see this coming since december 20th when it was said that “theres no issue he was always planning on signing february”. Meanwhile everyone with a brain knew what that meant. The timing of it makes you lose respect for the kid since he actually visited fau on january 12th. At this point in time theres not much we can do unless we jumped back in on jefferson.

The timing is so bad it almost looks intentional, although it's probably just thoughtless (which is bad enough.) Since he clearly was having second thoughts, he should have set a date to make his decision and announce the decommit early enough to give Liberty a better chance to replace him.

I'd say unfortunately our chances of getting Jefferson now are pretty slim. Best bet is probably a JUCO OL.
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]