Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Found this a bit interesting, so thought I would share:

On average from 2013 to 2017:
(rounded up)
Georgia recruits - 3 per year
Virginia recruits - 4 per year
Florida recruits - 3 per year
Texas - 3 per year
N.C. - 2 per year
S.C. - 1 per year

So far in 2018, we have 4 Georgia players committed, 2 Florida players and 1 from North Carolina. The one concern in our early recruiting efforts for me is this: Our pipeline for recruiting has been Virginia for the longest time and rightfully so. However, with the move to FBS it seems we are focusing more on greener pastures aka "states with better players". Yet, we need to still pick quality from our own back yard and so far it is not happening. Never the less time will tell.

What other state not mentioned above will become a "pipeline" for us in the future?

I say, Tennessee.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
We actually have been expending a great deal of effort in Alabama this year and in recent years.

A victory in Waco would do wonders for our efforts with kids in the Lone Star State.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:We actually have been expending a great deal of effort in Alabama this year and in recent years.
Alabama would get ballcoach's vote! :oldhag
By Class of 20Something
Sly Fox wrote:We actually have been expending a great deal of effort in Alabama this year and in recent years.

A victory in Waco would do wonders for our efforts with kids in the Lone Star State.
Texas could have an FBS conference to itself. I'm not sure it's a good use of time to target a ton of kids there. Sure, HS ball is King in Texas but those kids dream of playing at UT, A&M, BU, TTU, TCU and the like.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
It's kind of like Ohio in women's bball: there are SO MANY D-I prospects, they can't ALL go to Texas schools.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Several things

-First, the talent in VA is way down the last 2-3 years. Also, UVA & VT have something like 3 commitments between them from VA kids. Gone are the days when the state was producing a ton of top talent. Penn State & Maryland have had huge success with the top 25 kids and Duke surprisingly has swooped in and gotten several of the top academic top 25 players. Then, when there are real studs Alabama, LSU & OSU come in and strike. The other problem is that there is still a little bit of a stigma with us and VA kids IMHO. It's certainly changing and will be gone for the most part in a couple more years. Instead, we can go recruit these kids from GA SC NC FL & TX AL & TN and they really havent heard much about us. So when they get here there blown away with the facilities and the commitment to football and athletics. So, we can pull these kids in easier than VA kids and there's more talent in these states anyway.

-As far as the quality of the class. Hang in there. I think they are really close to pulling some significant pieces in. It may take getting some of these kids to a game but i think we are high up on several 2 and 3 star's lists. I have no doubt that we will get the skill players we need. I continue to question can we get enough big guys on the lines.

-Another thing is simply depth. If we can get upwards of 10 2 and 3 stars (which i believe we will) and then add another 12-13 players like we have been we will have a roster that we can afford some swings and misses in a couple years. Right now were operating on about 60 true scholarship players. Tough to do with the defections.

-Finally, i could be wrong but it seems as though FBS will allow us to get more kids that fit our mission and fit the school. This alone will be better for us and hopefully lead to less situations like last year. Each of these 7 so far maintain pretty solid social media accounts. We couldn't even say that for quite a few of the defections. It's progress. I'm like the rest of you i want to land a couple jewels but give it another month or so before we freak.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote: Each of these 7 so far maintain pretty solid social media accounts. We couldn't even say that for quite a few of the defections. It's progress. I'm like the rest of you i want to land a couple jewels but give it another month or so before we freak.
POTW
By Ewglenn
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:Found this a bit interesting, so thought I would share:

On average from 2013 to 2017:
(rounded up)
Georgia recruits - 3 per year
Virginia recruits - 4 per year
Florida recruits - 3 per year
Texas - 3 per year
N.C. - 2 per year
S.C. - 1 per year

So far in 2018, we have 4 Georgia players committed, 2 Florida players and 1 from North Carolina. The one concern in our early recruiting efforts for me is this: Our pipeline for recruiting has been Virginia for the longest time and rightfully so. However, with the move to FBS it seems we are focusing more on greener pastures aka "states with better players". Yet, we need to still pick quality from our own back yard and so far it is not happening. Never the less time will tell.

What other state not mentioned above will become a "pipeline" for us in the future?

I say, Tennessee.
Louisiana because it only has one major school and a lot of G5. LU would be competitive there and there is a lot of overlooked talent.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
West Virginia--because it's close, and not everyone can go to Marshall or Mountaineer U.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
I do think the Georgia trend will continue and I hope it does with the talent there, but I would love Liberty to dip into the great state of North Carolina. Not that living here has made me biased to this state at all :D

But, there are some very talented players here that deserve the staffs attention.

Congress needs to get involved and pass a law ca[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

What is the scouting report on Isaiah Ihnen from […]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]