Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Class of 20Something
Most of us have noticed that the majority of our recruits are using Twitter to talk about teams, visits, offers, and commitments. I emailed the LU Compliance office to get exact answers on what we are and are not allowed to do. I tried to break every Twitter action down so we could clearly see the line of what is and isn't acceptable.

We all want to be involved, but we want to make sure we don't hinder the team with an action on social media made from excitement. Below are the responses I received.

Can fans follow recruits on social media? No problem with fans following prospective student-athletes.

Can fans like a recruits social media post? No problem with fans “liking” a prospective student-athlete’s social media post. Comments on a post are not permitted.

Can fans retweet a recruits tweet? No problem with fans “retweeting” a prospective student-athletes tweet as long as no typing of a message occurs, so no “quote tweeting”.

Can fans tweet about a recruit with or without tagging a recruit? No, fans are not permitted to tweet about a recruit with or without tagging a recruit.

Are there any changes fans should be aware of in the transition to FBS? No changes, rules that applied when we were FCS apply to all NCAA D-I member institutions.

I hope this was helpful for everyone!
By Class of 20Something
JK37 wrote:Click, don't type.
Probably the best way to make a campaign during games. That should be a cornerstone of their compliance notices. It's catchy and easy to remember.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
It doesn't stop fans from tweeting at recruits and if the NCAA actually followed the rule then every school would be slapped with sanctions.

It's pointless.
By Class of 20Something
ballah09 wrote:It doesn't stop fans from tweeting at recruits and if the NCAA actually followed the rule then every school would be slapped with sanctions.

It's pointless.
There will be some people looking for a reason to knock LU down a peg.
By cruzan_flame13
Class of 20Something wrote:
ballah09 wrote:It doesn't stop fans from tweeting at recruits and if the NCAA actually followed the rule then every school would be slapped with sanctions.

It's pointless.
There will be some people looking for a reason to knock LU down a peg.
Bingo.

From what I can tell, these guys will confirm th[…]

I do most of my reading on airplanes and trains th[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]