Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

Alright, we need someone to do some recon work for us. Javon Scruggs posted a pic on his twitter with 4 other guys on their officials. We know 3 of them are Scruggs, Elijah Davis and Jacquez, but the other two are unknown to me.

Anybody got the hook-ups?

And by the way, Elijah Davis is a man! He is built like a tank.
By A Sea of Red
Posts Custom
The tight end is Chris Barrett, not sure if he goes by Kevin or if that was a miscommunication. He's a Georgia State bounceback, was ranked the #75 tight end prospect in the country out of high school.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
The juco tight end is a great need as well. Foutz is too slow and dropped too many passes. Jackson ogbeifun and yost are all great young pups but a vet could be huge with that athleticism.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
By the way, Isaac Steele is HIGH on us! He was a 2 star out of high school and has 3 years left to play! Big boost for us in the defensive backfield.

I would be surprised if he doesn't commit this weekend.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
A strong class is a possibility. To me there are 4 key pieces that are as important or more important than everybody weve signed so far. Lester could be a nice piece but he will likely be a redshirt and contributor down the road.

Carter - very important add for us. Either the qb of the future or the most dynamic open field athlete weve had in a decade.

Davis- local stud that is the missing power and speed combo back that we need right away. Adds a local interest and small attendance boost. Also a chance to punch jmu and odu in the mouth in a high profile recruiting race for non p5 schools in va.

Lemonier - stud lb/de that we desparately need to plug and play this fall. This guy would likelg be a immediate starter on the edge or olb and plays a little bit like vince redd with better cover skills. He was flying under the radar until umass and new mexico both offered him to go along with portland state. Miami oh appears to be in mix as well.

Juice - another of the lemonier type that we need to plug and play this fall. Only idaho and a few other fcs offers. He doesnt appear quite as big and physical as lemonier but has a lot of speed. Another guy that is needed for rotation.

The defense wasnt great last year and lost 3 of the best 5 starters in mckinney mcginty and brown. These 2 can really help along with nerness and ajayi.

Weve filled in jucos to help in the secondary and interior of d line and also tight end. Im surprised we havent pushed a bit harder for one juco o lineman to help but maybe they feel chibueze or stittler can compete.

It also appears as of now weaver has resisted the lane kiffin offer and remains committed.

If we can land the 4 above and lester plus retain weaver then i would give the recruiting class a b + all things considered.

We may be forced to take brandon robinsob as well since were still waiting on carter.

Lots of work to do over the next 10 days but a good class is possible. The only glaring potential question would be the lack of a juco o lineman but that could be addressed after spring ball though the talent pool will be down.
I think Chibueze and Schiltter both will have an opportunity to start and Weaver may push for time as well.

Jinxy, I completely agree with your analysis here. If we can lock down all that you have talked about then Gill and company would have exceeded my expectations in their first year of recruiting.

Lester as far as his twitter is concerned has committed to LU even before his visit.

Somebody else to watch for in this recruiting trail is Julian Sams who decommitted from ODU last month. He could be a dark horse and Gill has been known for surprising us over the last couple years with some late additions.

I am really interested who comes to campus this weekend and next weekend.

The addition of Chris Barrett was A GOOD PICK-UP for us!
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:A strong class is a possibility. To me there are 4 key pieces that are as important or more important than everybody weve signed so far. Lester could be a nice piece but he will likely be a redshirt and contributor down the road.

Carter - very important add for us. Either the qb of the future or the most dynamic open field athlete weve had in a decade.

Davis- local stud that is the missing power and speed combo back that we need right away. Adds a local interest and small attendance boost. Also a chance to punch jmu and odu in the mouth in a high profile recruiting race for non p5 schools in va.

Lemonier - stud lb/de that we desparately need to plug and play this fall. This guy would likelg be a immediate starter on the edge or olb and plays a little bit like vince redd with better cover skills. He was flying under the radar until umass and new mexico both offered him to go along with portland state. Miami oh appears to be in mix as well.

Juice - another of the lemonier type that we need to plug and play this fall. Only idaho and a few other fcs offers. He doesnt appear quite as big and physical as lemonier but has a lot of speed. Another guy that is needed for rotation.

The defense wasnt great last year and lost 3 of the best 5 starters in mckinney mcginty and brown. These 2 can really help along with nerness and ajayi.

Weve filled in jucos to help in the secondary and interior of d line and also tight end. Im surprised we havent pushed a bit harder for one juco o lineman to help but maybe they feel chibueze or stittler can compete.

It also appears as of now weaver has resisted the lane kiffin offer and remains committed.

If we can land the 4 above and lester plus retain weaver then i would give the recruiting class a b + all things considered.

We may be forced to take brandon robinsob as well since were still waiting on carter.

Lots of work to do over the next 10 days but a good class is possible. The only glaring potential question would be the lack of a juco o lineman but that could be addressed after spring ball though the talent pool will be down.
To say that this is only a "b+" class if we sign all 4 of those players is an insult to the talented athletes already signed or committed. Get the sigs of Weaver and Suggs on a NLI and we have something far exceeding expectations. Anything more is gravy.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I would still say b plus. We should beat out guys where were the only fbs like lester and the juice kid. Theres plenty of no other offers like scruggs graham and frith who could be good but you cant assign too much value at this point. Most of the juco kids had very few other options too until the tight end. With those 4 its a solid b plus and thats assuming a lot at this point. I look at how many legit recruiting battles did we win against equal or greater competition. Half of the 30 or so we would be the clear cut best option or only option. Not saying they wont be good but thats how recruiting classes are measured.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Robinson the qb is here. He will commit as well. No other offers but norfolk state. Not sure if we had anyone else here. Will likely plug he and lester in and then have the 2 juco olb de players and carter and davis to wait on.
By Class of 20Something
I've toyed with the class calculator on 247 for a bit this morning. I doubt we break over 120 with this class, however, 247 has one weakness with class strength. It does not factor in JUCO's for an understandable reason. This HS recruiting class plus our JUCO's could really change how this team fights on the field. We are looking at shoring up our defense and practically having a 3* starting offense. Within 4 years we will have enough of these classes to get some depth . I think we will peak around #90 in the next 5 years, but that will be more than enough to justify the FBS move. I expect every class to be our best class ever for the next 10 before we plateau.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Im ok with taking robinson but i really hope we still will take carter if he chooses us. Obviously a spot is still there for davis. Carter is too good an athlete not to get.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:Im ok with taking robinson but i really hope we still will take carter if he chooses us. Obviously a spot is still there for davis. Carter is too good an athlete not to get.
I don't think there is any doubt that we have a schollie for Carter.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
A Sea of Red wrote:5 visits this weekend were Lester, Lemonier, Robinson, Iwuchukwu, and Frith.
According to Kyle DeArmon on Twitter all 5 are ours.
Frith was already signed, but the others will all be new additions to the class
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]