Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By lawrenceq
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Purple: Excellent post above. I agree 100%.
Yes sir. Purple is on a roll. Do your due diligence and sign a guy if you like him. Don't wait on some recruiting service or another program to validate them.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Congrats to mayfield and the few walk ons or 1 offer guys that make each time and produce. Would you all care to name the other 90 percent of the roster with multiple offers?

You can fill in your team with a few of these but go ahead and build your fbs team on no offer guys. Good luck!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:Congrats to mayfield and the few walk ons or 1 offer guys that make each time and produce. Would you all care to name the other 90 percent of the roster with multiple offers?

You can fill in your team with a few of these but go ahead and build your fbs team on no offer guys. Good luck!
Really? The LU roster contains mostly guys who never received an offer anywhere else? Huh
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Haize i can send some glasses via amazon to you if youd like. :)

That wasnt at all what i said but i would say we have a larger percentage of those type kids than we should. Somewhere between 3 and 5 the last several years not counting all the walkons who were above their heads this year.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
From this years class alone we have atleast 4 of the 19 and several others that we are the lone fbs offer but hey who cares as long as the fan base is happy.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:Haize i can send some glasses via amazon to you if youd like. :)

That wasnt at all what i said but i would say we have a larger percentage of those type kids than we should. Somewhere between 3 and 5 the last several years not counting all the walkons who were above their heads this year.
I am due for a new pair of glasses .... :batman
How many is too many?
By lawrenceq
Registration Days Posts
Let the recruits play first. I've seen highly recruited players not work out and transfer down. It usually takes time to know if you were right or wrong on a recruit.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Very true. Most experts say it takes 2 or 3 years to fully judge a recruiting class.

I recall several years ago, Virginia Tech signed a WR, who was supposed to be really great. He was being compared to the WRs at FSU and Miami. When this guy left VT, he had same number of receptions as I did.
January 19th has a confirmation of Jacquez Carter 2 star dual threat qb taking his official visit to LU. He has offers from UMASS, Kent St. Toledo, Utah St. and Wofford. He ma have more than that but 247 lists those as his only offers.

I believe Scruggs is taking his official that weekend too and hopefully Elijah Davis as well.

I still believe like in years past Gill and Company will pull in a surprise prospect or two like they did with Keith Best and DJ Stubbs last year and like they did with Damian King 2015.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
havent figured out if were looking at him as a qb.

Also those guys you menioned.

Best was a 3 star but was injured and everyone else had pulled offers. If healthy hes a good get but lets not act like we beat out others.

King had offers but waited too long and had no other offers but us either by the end. Tons if kids make that mistake.

Stubbs also flipped to us in december but wanted to do a public signing. So he wasnt a surprise but he was an impressive get. He and buckshot have the best list of offers of any of our current players.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
appears as tho we are focusing our efforts on the 3 that didnt sign plus

Rick lester
Jacquez carter
Elijah davis
Tyree cormier
Johnny huntley wr transfer
Brandon robinson to lesser degree.

Maybe the plan is to try to sign the aboveand see if any big pieces like beebee shorter norwood land then hold the remaing 2 or 3 for spring juco amd grad transfers.

We have def pulled most of the early offers.
By Equinox
Registration Days Posts
I hope that can close the deal with Jacquez Carter. He's fast, elusive, has a live arm and I think has the potential to be much better than Lynum in the long run.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Def explosive and dangerous in open field. Hes more dynamic than any if the commits so far. I didnt see him throw enough to judge him as a qb. Hes def got enough talent to make an impact at wr db or kr and potentially qb. Davis is a key too. We need a physical runner like him. Nobody else to replace mosley.
Not to mention Davis can come in right away like Henderson and get PT. Both of them can be impact players for us as freshman.

Also, There is a db out there who I think we are still recruiting in Robert Rhem and the coaching staff before early signing day had made trips to Thompson High School in Alabama where Mo Edwards Jr(WR) and Jalen Rayam(LB) are. Will be interesting to see if we can grab one of those two. Finally, Anthony Ballard Jr. from Tennessee is a wild card too at Rb.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
Davis has been posting a lot of Liberty stuff. Ballard is a mystery. He posts a lot of Liberty stuff as well but we haven't heard about him in a while.

according to 247. We're a favorite along with UMass for Carter so I think we can expect a commit from him on his official. I think we're in good shape to land Sarratt as well.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I dont think we are recruiting any of the early offers and i dont believe we offered raines. Probably a walk on candidate.

Odu is going hard after davis and i believe he is visiting them this week and us next week with scruggs and carter.

I would guess that list of guys that were after or bringing in to be.

Lemonier juco lb/dl
Iwichku juco dl lb
Lester 3 star safety on 26th
Davis 19th
Carter 19th
Robinson qb
Huntley colorado transfer this weekend
Cormier 2 star end. We visited him in december but went quiet.

Plus scruggs weaver and harris.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
It will also be interesting to see what happens with west. Sly had hinted around that p5 schools were sniffing around but it doesnt appear to be the case atleast so far. Marshall had already offered him though they sent him an official after. Either way it looks like were all in on davis. Will be interesting to see what happens if we dont land davis. Ballard is visiting army this weekend. Would we circle back of just try to land a juco guy later. Def need for a power back.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:It will also be interesting to see what happens with west. Sly had hinted around that p5 schools were sniffing around but it doesnt appear to be the case atleast so far. Marshall had already offered him though they sent him an official after. Either way it looks like were all in on davis. Will be interesting to see what happens if we dont land davis. Ballard is visiting army this weekend. Would we circle back of just try to land a juco guy later. Def need for a power back.
Not sure I would want him at this point. He is the first recruit I can recall who actually DECOMITTED after visiting the mountain. Apparently he saw something he did not like, and we know it wasn't the facilities.
By Class of 20Something
ballcoach15 wrote:I cannot imagine anyone seeing anything on the mountain that they do not like.

(except maybe our defense)
Some kids wanna goto school to party. Even if it is reality, I doubt that is what the coaches pitch nor what a student would see on a visit.
If Elijah Davis doesn't come to good ole LU, then we can't blame the coaching staff and our recruiting coordinators for lack of effort. Plus the media guys involved need a bonus check with the effort they have put out too!
Election 2022 and 2024

PH do you think Claudia Tenney would be a good VP […]

Some statistics

So, who is the new hitting coach that Coach Dot wi[…]

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty worthl[…]

G5 Playoff Only

I would be OK with the top 2 G5 conference champio[…]