Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Class of 20Something
olldflame wrote:According to both his Twitter and his father's, DL commit Emmanuel Cater is now a 3 star recruit. That would give us 4 so far, with a couple more very much in play.
He isn't rated on 24/7, Scout, Rivals, or ESPN. For those that don't know, 3* usually means a top 750 prospect in the nation. It isn't a small thing to claim. I hope someone will make the claim bona fide, but there is no record of him on the major sites. I can't even find him on Recruit Georgia.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Sounds like weaver committed. Also dearmon tweeted that a lb from alabama committed. We do have an open offer to 2 star lb rayam from alabama if that is him. Would be 2 more solid pulls.
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
That is now 2 former QB's in the defensive backfield. I like that football IQ on that side of the ball.
By CCWMichael
So, JMU is listed on Rivals.com as an Independent but not Liberty?
Whoever has the power needs to get us listed.
I am glad to see we are pulling commits in at a solid pace.
My presumption is some (especially the 3 stars) expect play early after their arrival.
Many schools have shown a great staff (FAU, UCF) can make the kids perform ... Let's hope we see that kind of year.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach, any word on who the last 2 commitments are?
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I would assume the last to be kevin sha the juco wr who visited last week based on kyles tweet. He had an offer from eastern michigan. No idea on the other one.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
So the max class is 25 but mid year enrollees dont count toward that number?

If thats right were looking at 5 more high schoolers and 3 more jucos for mid year right?

Cormier and a qb would appear to be where we would like to use 2 of those 5.

Juco wise i would expect an o lineman and d lineman then maybe a lb or another wr since we offered so many.

Hopefully we get real picky with these last 2 or 3 high schoolers and hopefully we land a couple late big hits.
By Class of 20Something
jinxy wrote:So the max class is 25 but mid year enrollees dont count toward that number?

If thats right were looking at 5 more high schoolers and 3 more jucos for mid year right?

Cormier and a qb would appear to be where we would like to use 2 of those 5.

Juco wise i would expect an o lineman and d lineman then maybe a lb or another wr since we offered so many.

Hopefully we get real picky with these last 2 or 3 high schoolers and hopefully we land a couple late big hits.
Sounds like a logical game plan.
By A Sea of Red
Posts Custom
Mid-year enrollees technically count towards the previous class size. That's why we could go over 25 in this class. Gill said the plan is the maximum of 25 high school prospects plus another 5-6 mid-year, bringing the total number around 30. We currently have 20, that means room for another 10.

18 current HS commits - room for 7
2 current JUCO commits - room for 3-4
By R i
Registration Days Posts
Per ASOR most recent tweet, 18 verbals from HS recruits, here is break down by stars.

3 Star - 4
2 Star - 8
No Star - 6
By Class of 20Something
olldflame wrote:So, no word on the 4th verbal from this weekend, or was that a false alarm?
I think I was spreading #FAKENEWS. An early tweet said three, and a few hours later I saw about the Juco Wr. Not knowing he was included in the 3.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
So, 247 just dropped 3 stars on Dacoda Weaver and i added into the class calculator Emmanuel Cater and Tyren Dupree, who have committed and as we stand right now, our national ranking is 112. If we add Lynum, Ballard/Black, Bebee and maybe Shorter our ranking can break the top 100. It is going to be an exciting finish for us fellas.

One thing I have noticed is Kyle DeArmon has been traveling a lot and going to a lot of the homes of some of our recent commits aka Weaver, Dupree and Shaa. Well today he was in the home of Lynum. The dude is doing some serious work!
By R i
Registration Days Posts
It appears we are visiting all our commits to firm up their commitment before signing day. Makes sense. HOWEVER!!!.......... if Kyle could drop a message to the Lynum family and stop by for dinner this evening, that would be incredible. It is not a super far drive from the Jacksonville airport.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
with our new found opening at rb we just offered none other than elijah davis. I know the comp isnt the same as west but hes a battering ram. Reminds me of a faster mosley.

He has offers from jmu odu and hampton all since nov 25. Tech is flirting as well.
By Class of 20Something
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:And he is rated as a 3 star running back. Further, according to 247 82nd best back in the nation. Pretty legit.
Locking down the locals is a big flex on the P5 guys but I totally understand wanting to get away from home.
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]