Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

I don't know why he hadn't been listed on our offer board, but he has a scholarship offer from us and was a big target on our board. Very skilled ball player but chose a more established FBS program than where we are. ODU is near the beach and is right now playing for conference championships. I can see his reasoning.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Word on the twittersphere us we picked up a commit out of Hoover, AL tonight
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
First let me say this. We have done well on kids with no other offers like chima and chris turner. Obviously the whole class wont be that way but i like bodden and frith due to their size.

After the big win...lots of twitter attention from the following.

2 star rb ballard...hopefully soon
3 star ol boozy
3 star db pierce withers
2 star dt beadles
3 star qb sarrat
3 star de from texas that i cant spell but named us top 6
Db robert rhem who has 5 offers 4 fbs
3 star ol beebee
3 star ath winston wright who is visiting
3 star ath blaine gibson. Lots of interaction with him.

So for everyone freaking out. We have a strong chance on all those kids plus kyle smith cagan capmbell and cardavion myers.
Last edited by jinxy on September 5th, 2017, 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
First kid. Named us to top 6 then real active about the game. Even RT a texas recruiting analyst that said "some of you texas kids that get offered by liberty better take a strong look"
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
The Baylor win, definitely seems like it could be worth a few 3-4 recruits committing who may have been leaning otherwise prior to the game. I'd say about 20% of the recruits or more re-tweeted something about the Baylor game.

If the team can execute like that the rest of the year it could pay major dividends for the class of 2019 as well. It really has been a magical 6 months or so for Liberty Football. Imagine if someone would have told you a year ago, we'd be headed FBS and coming off a win at Baylor, what your reaction would have been? It's hard not to be spoiled with all the progress the team has made recently.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Just a little recruiting update:

Where we stand with our 12 commitments is that 8 of the 12 are rated with 2 or 3 stars.

According to 247sports (and this is plugging in the ranking points according to rivals for recruits like JT Wood, Sean Queen, Jacob Bodden and Logan Beadles, who are not ranked in 247) Liberty would have 63.92 recruiting points which at this moment puts us in 115th place nationally. I know this doesn't sound to good, but we only have 12 recruits and if I am correct we will be moving up as we pick up more recruits.

I project that if these 6 (three stars for these two: cardaivion myers *** , landon bebee *** ,
** 2 stars for these four: robert them, caleb lynum, anthony ballard, ryan wichmann)

Our recruiting points will go from 63.92 to 104.79 and we will jump from 115th to 90th. Not to mention out of our 18 commitments 14 would be rated and 4 would be 3 stars.

I know we sit at 4-4 right now, but HCTG continues to impress me with the recruiting he is able to do. Looking forward to how this class shapes up.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: HCTG continues to impress me with the recruiting he is able to do.
:clapping
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Time to reset the board with 13 commits and a lot of targets flying off the board. Going only off twitter rivals and 247 it would appear were still in the running for

Cardavion myers 2 star with 20 plus offers and hs teammate of fellof commit beadles and they visited homecoming. He has named us top 6

Robert rhem is no stars but has 4 fbs offers and a fcs offer and would be a solid db. We appear to be firm leader there

Anthony ballard 2 star rb with 10 plus offers. We have been in the lead since august but hes clearly holding out for a memphis offer. If they offer hes theres if not we should land him

2 star qbs lynum and sarrat. Not much info but we def need atleast 1 of them

3 star o lineman beebee and josh jefferson. Would love to have one of these 2.

3 star de/olb kelechi and cant spell his last name. I think were in his top 2.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
Good Recap,

The early panic has eased a little. If we land several of the guys you have mentioned we will be on the right track.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I stopped keeping up with it for a few weeks when we horrible. Somehow hes gotten 3 more commits since then and im not convinced gill will be fired if he wins out due to the contract situation. I personally would move on but its worth keeping tabs on if he keeps winning.

We need to get at least 3 or4 of these guys above.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
With just under 3 months to go until national signing day, 13 is a pretty decent number as far as commits go, but Id like to see that number closer to 16 or 17 before bowl season and then hopefully around 20 before the CFP NC game
Class Summaries

3* :2
2*: 6
N/A: 5

3*: 2
2*: 1
N/A: 11

2*: 2
N/A: 12

2*: 2
N/A: 10

The Class of 2018 will more than double the number of 2* athletes on the roster.

2018 3* on Roster

QB Calvert
K Probert
WR Stubbs
DB Best
WR King

DL Michael Lewis
OL Henry Chibueze

2018 2* on Roster

S Aaron Pierre
WR AGG
S Brandon Tillmon
S Rion Davis
DB Jeremy Peters

WR Sean Queen
WR JT Wood
RB Uriah West
OL Jacob Bodden
DL Logan Beadles
DB Hunter Goetz

Items of note.

NOT A SINGLE TRENCH PLAYER IN THE PAST THREE CLASSES HAS BEEN RATED!!!!!

Serious uptick in our recruiting floor.

I think the rest of the class will look like 3 3* and 5 2*
Last edited by Class of 20Something on November 9th, 2017, 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:Isn't it crazy how one month in recruiting can take a so-so class to a good class. Just wait fellas, HCTG is going to capitalize BIG time on this FBS move in recruiting.
1. A D1 AD told me: "They are all great until they get here." We have no idea how this class is going to pan out for at least another year......... likely two.
2. For some reason, I am not quite as optimistic as you seem to be. I kept hearing now that we are FBS, we can get into living rooms that we couldn't before. Maybe my expectations are a little too high. But being that we are performing at a low FCS level right now, we need to get into some much bigger living rooms, especially linemen. Not impressed so far.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
So, something that may be to our advantage as we transition into FBS is this early signing day for College Football that begins this year. December 20, 2017 is that date.

If we can get some of our certain verbals to go ahead and sign it will take away an opportunity for some to come in at last minute and potentially snatch them away as we see happen often in recruiting.

How many of our verbals will start from day 1?
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Did anyone notice that a 3* QB we were recruiting committed to Western Carolina? Amazing.
There is also a kid from Stantoun River that wanted to come to LU. (I am told he has the most rushing yards in VA history, but have not verified that). He is a great kid for LU, very good family, etc. However, we didn't offer him. He has now committed to Richmond. Seems to me, if he can play for Richmond, he could play for us. But .............................???? :roll:
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]