Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

jinxy wrote:Good find. Im sure we will take 2 rb in this class. So give me all we can get.
I guess we do have "extra scholarships" that we were planning on rationing out to each class and keeping balanced classes. I can't imagine they would close the door on many of the 3* recruits because the class is filling up though. We might get over extended into one year, but we are going to need those recruits during these first couple years to not get demolished. They might close the class to 2* guys once they meet their recruiting goal then leave it open to the 3* guys. If you are going to get over extended, might as well do it with game changers.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I wouldnt worry about it. We will have a few more defections over the next couple years as some of these talented kids get worked in lineup. I would think we end up signing 20-22 kids this year then hitting the juco route for another 3 to 5 and fbs transfers.

This is factoring in a few kids we lost this year plus the graduating class and also increase in schollies.

Also i meant taking 2 rb because we are losing both mosley and macon and the juco kid is a scat back which leaves with hickson cobb and lewis.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Now that we have 6 commits the next question is how many are we looking to sign and at what positions. I would think we will sign about 20 and then try to add another 3 to 5 jucos to fill in some holes where we need guys to play immediately like d tackle.

Qb- i would guess we will take 1 the next 2 years.
Rb- with 1 on board we will still take atleast one more to offset mosley and macon. Hopefully its ballard or godfrey.
TE- with yost on board we are still looking to add one more.
OL- with no current commits i would think we have to be looking to add atleast 3.
WR- 2 on board already including 1 slot and 1 possession. Based on the number of offers i would think they are looking for 2 more.

DL- cater looks like he could develop into a massive tackle. We have to be looking to add atleast 2 more

LB- this one is hard to read since we added 2 frosh and 2 jucos to go along with irons and mckinney with mcginty being the main senior. Still looking to add atleast 1 since there are offers out there

DB- im sure were looking for 3 to 4 with harris already in the saddle.

That would equal 20 then plug in the gaps with jucos.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I asked this in a prospect thread, but I was curious what the commit of West does for our RB pursuit for 2018...forgive me if someone addressed that question already
Last edited by BJWilliams on August 4th, 2017, 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
Is it time to panic on this class yet ? Compared to a few other G5s, We seem to be really far behind on the number and ranking of verbals so far.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
ODU - 10 Verbals , 3 of them are 3 Stars and the remaining are 2 stars.

App State - 20 Verbals, 7 are 3 Stars and the remaining are 2 stars.

Coastal Carolina even has 3 guys rated with 3 stars.

By Comparison, Liberty has 6 guys who have verbally committed, and 3 of them have a 2 start rating.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
In response to BJ, we have offered at least one and possibly two RBs since Uriah's verbal. It is a position of need for depth so I would guess that we take 2-3 RBs who tend to be great athletes who could slide to DB if the depth chart becomes to crowded for PT.

Yes, Coastal got off to a great start in this recruiting season. Several of their verbals had offers from us. We're newer kids on the block and have barely a half year to sell our FBS existence. Our staff is doing a solid job getting us in the mix for 3-star kids. We will start pulling them soon. If they could land 3 stars from time to time in the Big South, I feel confident we will do so more frequently as an FBS Indy with our enticing schedules.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
In my opinion recruiting has been Gill's best attribute as a HC. If he continues taking L's on the recruiting trail this year, it may not matter what the results on field are.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
R i wrote:Is it time to panic on this class yet? Compared to a few other G5s, We seem to be really far behind on the number and ranking of verbals so far.
No.

Like Sly said, we have only had six months to sell FBS to recruits so I wouldn't be sounding the alarm on the size or quality of the class yet.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
With FBS and Indoor practice facility, we are not even keeping pace with past LU recruiting years. This can all change with one or two verbals, but I am disappointed where we are currently.
By SoD BAS
R i wrote:With FBS and Indoor practice facility, we are not even keeping pace with past LU recruiting years. This can all change with one or two verbals, but I am disappointed where we are currently.
Agreed. Even including "only six months to sell FBS":
- They have been selling FBS to recruits for years
- This class is behind pace of past LU classes

One or two verbals could change the outlook, but still having less than 10 verbals is not good.
In no way am I comparing Alabama to LU or Nick Saban to Turner Gill, but right now Bama is ranked 32nd in recruiting and only has 10 commitments at this point in the recruiting season. Last year at this point they had around 20. For us last year we had 4 commitments by this time and only Aaron Pierre had any kind of stars attached to his name. Right now, we have JT Wood, Uriah West and Sean Queen, who are all 2 star recruits according to rivals. Add to that list the other three talented kids that I believe are undervalued and so far 6 good pick-ups. 2016 and 2015 classes we had a combined 1 rated recruit to commit before the season started and that was Alex Probert who was a 3 star kicker.

All this to say, I think there is a sense of over-reaction going on right now. We are all entitled to our opinion and that is a blessing. But fellas, there is a science to recruiting and it takes time. By the end of the month I do expect us to pick up atleast 2 more 2 star or better recruits. I think Anthony Ballard(2 star rb) is a lock for us and I do believe Landon Bebee(3 star o-lineman) is also a lock for us. I think over the next two months our commitment list will go from 6 to 12 atleast.

Hang tight boys, it is going to be a fun ride.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:In no way am I comparing Alabama to LU or Nick Saban to Turner Gill, but right now Bama is ranked 32nd in recruiting and only has 10 commitments at this point in the recruiting season. Last year at this point they had around 20. For us last year we had 4 commitments by this time and only Aaron Pierre had any kind of stars attached to his name. Right now, we have JT Wood, Uriah West and Sean Queen, who are all 2 star recruits according to rivals. Add to that list the other three talented kids that I believe are undervalued and so far 6 good pick-ups. 2016 and 2015 classes we had a combined 1 rated recruit to commit before the season started and that was Alex Probert who was a 3 star kicker.

All this to say, I think there is a sense of over-reaction going on right now. We are all entitled to our opinion and that is a blessing. But fellas, there is a science to recruiting and it takes time. By the end of the month I do expect us to pick up atleast 2 more 2 star or better recruits. I think Anthony Ballard(2 star rb) is a lock for us and I do believe Landon Bebee(3 star o-lineman) is also a lock for us. I think over the next two months our commitment list will go from 6 to 12 atleast.

Hang tight boys, it is going to be a fun ride.
Trying to find where you got 3 stars for Bebee, but regardless, his offer list is pretty impressive. He would be a GREAT get. You are correct in saying that last year's class came slow as well. It was the year before we had a great summer with a lot of early commits. Too early to push the panic button, but I confess I am a bit disappointed so far.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
FHOTide,

2 or 3 commitments could really change the level of excitement for this class. I have faith Gill and co can come through on the recruiting trail, and maybe the FBS announcement and IPF have heightened expectations. Still disappointing and momentum halting. The IPF and FBS announcement built tons of momentum, its a shame we have not capitalized like we could.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
If you're keeping score at home, Lewis has 3 stars!
LU Campus Construction Thread

Are they changing the name of The Jerry Falwell Ce[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

The Race War (Caste system) began full implementat[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

To suggest Cleveland won't start is pretty ignoran[…]

UTEP

Need a series win to clinch regular season title, […]