Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:I'm instituting a 285 rule on O Linemen before I get too excited.
He is more built like a DE than an OL. Needs to have a great stance with perfect hands to make up for the lack of size.
D Line I might have a 295 Rule
Purple Haize wrote:
Class of 20Something wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:I'm instituting a 285 rule on O Linemen before I get too excited.
He is more built like a DE than an OL. Needs to have a great stance with perfect hands to make up for the lack of size.
D Line I might have a 295 Rule
Interior, I absolutely agree, but an edge rusher can make up for a lot in raw athleticism. You have guys like Taco Carlton that just went in the first round of the NFL draft at 277 lbs. Weight != Skill
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:I'm instituting a 285 rule on O Linemen.
Is this a personal rule, meaning that the O linemen have to outweigh you? :wink:
Cider Jim wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:I'm instituting a 285 rule on O Linemen.
Is this a personal rule, meaning that the O linemen have to outweigh you? :wink:
Yes. If I'm bigger than you, how good can you be? :dontgetit
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Obviously we love seeing OL recruits who are already pushing 3 bills at age 17, but it is actually more important right now that he is 6'4". At 269 going into his SR year of HS he will probably be close to 280 by the time he hits campus. Over 80% of O-Linemen redshirt as FR, giving him another year (this one in a D1 strength and nutrition program) to put on 15 or so more and be where you want him to be by his R-FR year.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Echoing OldFlame, the kids who are already at 3 bills before their senior year are often not built to handle the strength & conditioning needed to play FBS football. It takes more than mass and weight to succeed at next level. The special kids that we are now chasing can generally speaking handle it.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
The upside of the smaller linemen is they probably have to use speed and outstanding footwork to offset any size disadvantage against a defender. The weight can be added through the lifting and conditioning as well as the nutritional program and follow the weight progression OF noted
oldflame wrote:Obviously we love seeing OL recruits who are already pushing 3 bills at age 17, but it is actually more important right now that he is 6'4". At 269 going into his SR year of HS he will probably be close to 280 by the time he hits campus. Over 80% of O-Linemen redshirt as FR, giving him another year (this one in a D1 strength and nutrition program) to put on 15 or so more and be where you want him to be by his R-FR year.
I agree about the 6'4 part. I'd be interested to see a chart of P5 lineman as Frosh and G5 linemen as Frosh. There has been a whole debate about speed v power. A team like Oregon is built on speed but they have gotten exposed when playing team with some road graders up front.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Its a balancing act of sorts...you want those physical "road graders" but you also want speed and athleticism with the increase in "tempo offense" that we have seen in the last decade or so
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]