Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Willie Drew
6' 1" 180 lbs Defensive Back
Smithfield (VA) HS

Rivals Profile

Scout Profile

247sports Profile

Hudl Profile

Twitter

Holds Offers from (As of 6/11/17):
  • Coastal Carolina
    JMU
    Liberty
    Marshall
    ODU
    Temple
    Virginia

Recruit757 wrote:On Monday, June 5, Drew landed an offer from Coach Turner Gill at Liberty University. Two days later, he secured an offer from James Madison University, the defending Football Championship Subdivision national champions.

“I feel they are both excellent programs I could grow with and become a great person,” Drew said.

Drew earned Ironclad Conference 19 honors at quarterback and defensive back last season for a Packers team that posted an 8-3 record and a berth in the Class 4 playoffs. He threw for 1,602 yards and 18 touchdowns and rushed for 1,008 yards and 13 more scores.

The 6-foot, 180-pound standout registered 48 tackles and a team-high six interceptions as the leader of the Packers’ secondary.

Chavis said the offers weren’t a surprise.

“Both JMU and Liberty came to Smithfield early in the evaluation process,” Chavis said. “Both schools contacted me this week with news they have decided to offer Willie. Liberty offered him with the option of free safety and cornerback. JMU offered him with the option of free safety and wide receiver. I think Willie fits well with any program because of his diverse skill set.”
Click Here for Full Story
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Definitely would be a good guy to have in our secondary and has the wheels to help in the return game as well
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Another Marshall/UVa recruit. Study
2024 Recruiting Discussion

Sounds like you don't watch UVA play that much.[…]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]

New Mexico State

Final home CUSA 3 game series, starts tonight. NM[…]