Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Visited western illionis after us. I swear it seems as though david rocco looks at who we offer quite a bit. They pop up on a lot of guys we offer that dont really make sense.

Anyway im guessing hes getting his visits in before the 19th
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
His signing next February would give us 5 WRs on the 2018 roster at least 6-2 or taller plus the TEs.
By Class of 20Something
BJWilliams wrote:His signing next February would give us 5 WRs on the 2018 roster at least 6-2 or taller plus the TEs.
That's going to really help with the increase in DB quality opponents.

I know some sites track star athletes per recruiting class. Is there anyone that tracks total stars on a roster? I think it's fair to suggest that would be a reasonable metric if available.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
It definitely would help 20Something. having a big wideout crew would force DCs to make some tough decisions who to cover and who to cover them with. put AGG, Coleman, Queen, Wood, and Farrow out with one of our big TEs. Do you try to match height and potentially create mismatches inside and in the slot or do you go with smaller faster DBs but get beat on possession balls by the taller receivers?
By Class of 20Something
BJWilliams wrote:It definitely would help 20Something. having a big wideout crew would force DCs to make some tough decisions who to cover and who to cover them with. put AGG, Coleman, Queen, Wood, and Farrow out with one of our big TEs. Do you try to match height and potentially create mismatches inside and in the slot or do you go with smaller faster DBs but get beat on possession balls by the taller receivers?
Also known as PYP, Pick Your Poison.
By flamesfan4life1
]
jinxy wrote:Visited western illionis after us. I swear it seems as though david rocco looks at who we offer quite a bit. They pop up on a lot of guys we offer that dont really make sense.

Anyway im guessing hes getting his visits in before the 19th
This is a great pick up for us! I can't agree with Rocco targeting our recruits though, Western Illinois offered this kid a month before we did. You should probably check your facts before making accusations like that.
[img]IMG_0202.PNG[/img]
[img]IMG_0200.PNG[/img]
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
yah im not taking it back. Besides i couldnt care less if he did. They wont be any competition for us going forward anyway. Who do you think the connection to holder was??? If you dont think that stuff goes on in recruiting then i dont know what else to tell you. Im not saying his board comes from us but i guarantee you hes discovered some players that way. Small fcs schools dont have the budgets to go all over the place like that.

Davids a good guy from what i heard and i wish him well. I think hes done a stand up job up there from what ive seen and i couldnt care less if he targeted every player we offered...simply an observation that they pop up on a decent amount of same kids which seems strange. This has been the last 2 to 3 years.
NCAA Realignment Megathread

At what point in history was the ACC ever any bett[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

With all due respect, Atrain was in Dallas in his […]

LaTech

I also keep tab with JMU because there is a player[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]