Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
4.84 is pretty solid...sounds like a kid who could be another vertical threat that can take the top off a defense
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:4.84 is pretty solid...sounds like a kid who could be another vertical threat that can take the top off a defense
4.84 is a solid time for some positions. For a WR it's S-L-O-W. Our PK ran faster than that at the NFL combine. We have offered at least 3 WRs with 40 times of 4.40 or better.

Culton Beck 4.39
Randon Jernagen 4.39
Sean Queen 4.40
oldflame wrote:
BJWilliams wrote:4.84 is pretty solid...sounds like a kid who could be another vertical threat that can take the top off a defense
4.84 is a solid time for some positions. For a WR it's S-L-O-W. Our PK ran faster than that at the NFL combine. We have offered at least 3 WRs with 40 times of 4.40 or better.

Culton Beck 4.39
Randon Jernagen 4.39
Sean Queen 4.40
We just offered a kid with a 4.42
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Just to clarify; I am not saying Isaac is not fast, just that 4.84 is not a fast 40 time for a WR. It could be an old time, or done on a slow track/field. In fairness, some of those crazy fast times others have may not be 100% legit either. I have no doubt Queen, for instance, has outstanding speed, but his 4.40 was done at Mercer's camp and was likely hand timed.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Definitely be good to have a bunch of guys who can take the top off a defense and give us some explosive chunk plays in the passing game
BJWilliams wrote:Definitely be good to have a bunch of guys who can take the top off a defense and give us some explosive chunk plays in the passing game
I'd rather have an OLine give Buckshot more than 2.7 seconds to get rid of the ball. Kid can't be expected to be TB12.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
WV Metro News wrote:Star athlete can now add ‘essayist’ to his winning skills

Brad McElhinny/MetroNews
Athlete and student Isaac Brown chats with Doug Arndt of the Eastern Panhandle Youth Football League during an appearance on "Panhandle Today."

By Brad McElhinny in High School Sports, News | July 17, 2017 at 8:01PM

MARTINSBURG, W.Va. — As the star receiver for Martinsburg’s Bulldogs, Isaac Brown scored 17 touchdowns in a variety of ways last year.

Now he can also do a touchdown dance for his winning essay.

Brown, who is entering his senior year, had already been named the 2016 Gatorade West Virginia High School Player of the Year, which came with $1,000 as a charitable gift for the youth sports organization of his choosing.

Brown was then notified that an essay he wrote to earn an opportunity for an additional $10,000 was one of only 12 winners across the United States. He’ll be giving the full $11,000 to the Eastern Panhandle Youth Football League, where he started playing as a youngster.

His short essay was about how the youth football organization shaped his life.
Click Here for Full Story
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
One of the kids that doesnt understand the longer he waits the more likely he will not have an offer. If jt wood commits to us tomorrow i would suspect we hold the last offer or 2 for wr for high end multiple offer players that are still considering us.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
It is certainly more of a gamble than most athletes recognize until it is too late. The cockiness and self-assuredness that makes them terrific on the field often works against them in the recruiting game.

Isaac seems like a really sharp kid based on many factors including his ability to write a compelling essay (can I get a witness, CJ?). If our coaches liked what they saw then I will trust their judgement.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
YES, as long as Marshall doesn't offer, we should have a good shot at this STUDENT athlete. :typing :fineprint
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
BJWilliams wrote:Definitely be good to have a bunch of guys who can take the top off a defense and give us some explosive chunk plays in the passing game
I'd rather have an OLine give Buckshot more than 2.7 seconds to get rid of the ball. Kid can't be expected to be TB12.
TB12?
BJWilliams wrote:
Class of 20Something wrote:
TB12?
Tom Brady. Average time to throw, that is from the snap to the release of the ball, of 2.49 seconds.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I suspect we no longer had an offer out to him. With three WR commitments in hand, we are likely more focused on other positions with the remaining scholarships unless a highly rated prospect wants in.
Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]

North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]