Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Another Ivy League offer. Study
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Goes through the gears real well in the North-South game...someone of his size needs to have an advantage in speed or agility, both certainly on display on his highlight reel. there was one play where he turned a defender all sorts of around
Last edited by BJWilliams on June 3rd, 2017, 7:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By VarsityLu
He is a double legacy. His mom and dad both were standouts for LU track. They are still on the all-time top 10 list for several events: 200m, sprint relays, triple jump, hept.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
VarsityLu wrote:He is a double legacy. His mom and dad both were standouts for LU track. They are still on the all-time top 10 list for several events: 200m, sprint relays, triple jump, hept.
Looks like his dad Scott is also the AD at his HS. Can you tell me his mom's maiden name (her name when she was a student athlete at Liberty)?
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:
VarsityLu wrote:He is a double legacy. His mom and dad both were standouts for LU track. They are still on the all-time top 10 list for several events: 200m, sprint relays, triple jump, hept.
Looks like his dad Scott is also the AD at his HS. Can you tell me his mom's maiden name (her name when she was a student athlete at Liberty)?
We are going to be seeing more and more of this as our alumni base grows. Liberty grads who not only have children who are athletes, but are in leadership roles where they can influence many others. I'm really jacked to see that TG and Ritchie are both working at building those relationships. I just :dontgetit that some past coaches (most notably DL) did not apparently see the value of it.
By cruzan_flame13
oldflame wrote:I'm pretty sure Sean's dad was the player who got some national attention when he was penalized for kneeling briefly in prayer after scoring a touchdown.

So what you're saying is it should be known as the Queen and not the Tebow?
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
oldflame wrote:I'm pretty sure Sean's dad was the player who got some national attention when he was penalized for kneeling briefly in prayer after scoring a touchdown.

So what you're saying is it should be known as the Queen and not the Tebow?
I think Tebow probably deserves the naming rights, but the idea was not original with him.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Didn't we make Sports Illustrated for that? I wonder if I have that copy in my office.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Since LU won the recruiting battle. This calls for:

[youtube]04854XqcfCY[/youtube]
What he's his highlight video again with a more critical eye this time.

Pros

Speed
Crisp route running
Unreal ability to make a defender miss

Cons

Not once in that nearly 5 minute highlight video did I see him fight a defender, then go up for the ball(a la Dez Bryant)
His blocking was predictable before the snap. Looked like a 50% practice rep. Watched him eventually get thrown down most blocks.
Track and field stretch at the goal line.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Christian high school kid whose parents are LU alumni chose LU over an Ivy and over FBS Kent State from the MAC. :clapping
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:What he's his highlight video again with a more critical eye this time.

Pros

Speed
Crisp route running

Cons

Not once in that nearly 5 minute highlight video did I see him fight a defender, then go up for the ball(a la Dez Bryant)
His blocking was predictable before the snap. Looked like a 50% practice rep. Watched him eventually get thrown down most blocks.
In that video, I don't recall a play where a defender was close enough to him for him to need to fight for the ball.
oldflame wrote:
Class of 20Something wrote:What he's his highlight video again with a more critical eye this time.

Pros

Speed
Crisp route running

Cons

In that video, I don't recall a play where a defender was close enough to him for him to need to fight for the ball.
Which is kind of my point. It's a highlight video. Meaning all his best plays are going to be included. While I appreciate his ability to get open, I simply don't believe that he's never tightly covered.

The omission of any play with tight defense would lead me to believe he doesnt perform well in that situation.

I'm really excited about Queen, but I want to be realistic in what I expect. He is going to be going g up against FBS CBs for the next few years of his life. He isn't going to be that open frequently at the next level.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
You're reading between the lines too much. If you want to put a year's worth of highlights in a 5 minute video, the plays we saw would be the ones you put in it, not an 8 yard catch where the player is tightly defended.
By Ewglenn
ballcoach15 wrote:A good WR will get seperationfrom defender and not have to fight for ball.
The kid has speed and decent route running. FBS he won't be getting that many blown coverages like in this highlight video. He has the makings to be a productive FBS player but it might take some time because he seems to not be playing much talent. All around a good get for LU.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
It looks like Sean may have decided to follow the example of Remington Green, who was our first commit last year, and took on the role of "class mayor", encouraging other recruits to get on board.
oldflame wrote:It looks like Sean may have decided to follow the example of Remington Green, who was our first commit last year, and took on the role of "class mayor", encouraging other recruits to get on board.
I saw that as well, props to Sean! :D
NCAA Realignment Megathread

Does Gonzaga and St Mary have D1 football ? When[…]

LaTech

We are halfway through the season, yet we are stil[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my […]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]