Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Our stadium expansion is already paying dividends: Noah would rather play in front of 25,000 LU fans than at Campbell's stadium that only seats 5,000 on a good day.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Our stadium expansion is already paying dividends: Noah would rather play in front of 25,000 LU fans than at Campbell's stadium that only seats 5,000 on a good day.
Does Campbell offer scholarships
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Another big tree for the outside...nice get for the air attack
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
If we can get the O-line worked out, this could be a downright nightmarish WR crew to match up against with all these 6-2 and taller wideouts
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Pretty much a lead pipe cinch to redshirt as a FR, and hopefully will develop to take over Gandy-Golden's role as a R-SO. Hopefully we are done with the skinny guys for this year. Time to get commits from some wide bodies.
By cruzan_flame13
flameshaw wrote:WOW we beat out Campbell for a recruit. Hope some of these recruits really step up. Not overly impressed so far, not even moderately impressed so far.
Come on, you know it may take some time to get some top recruits (the expansion is very helpful). Also, I will add that there are many unranked players who are outstanding in college ball and make in the NFL draft. This draft was a prime example of such. Don't make a few stars depict the quality of a player(s). I'm just being repetitive, but at times we need to remind ourselves especially since there some anxiety plus doubt during our transition. We saw our scheduling for the next few years, so I'm sure recruiting will improve as well.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
He never actually tweeted that he had offers from those schools but they all sent him recruiting edits and a decent amount. Frankly watching his tape i'm a little surprised he didn't have more interest. 15 TD's and i recognized several of the schools that he played last year as pretty darn good competition. At 6'4 he's a different receiver and worth a shot to me. It looks like we might end up signing as many as 5 receivers.
jinxy wrote:He never actually tweeted that he had offers from those schools but they all sent him recruiting edits and a decent amount. Frankly watching his tape i'm a little surprised he didn't have more interest. 15 TD's and i recognized several of the schools that he played last year as pretty darn good competition. At 6'4 he's a different receiver and worth a shot to me. It looks like we might end up signing as many as 5 receivers.
Could end up making for good competition inside the locker room. I hope the coaches go with an Fe sharpens Fe theme one off season. You want to encourage competition in a way that makes everyone better and doesn't discourage the guys either.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
I'm thinking he hasn't camped much and that's where the rankings and offers come from. Dude has a good highlight tape. Played against very good competition and he is a star basketball player so he has athleticism with his 6'4 frame. I think he's going to be a very good player down the road.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
flameshaw wrote:WOW we beat out Campbell for a recruit. Hope some of these recruits really step up. Not overly impressed so far, not even moderately impressed so far.
Come on, you know it may take some time to get some top recruits (the expansion is very helpful). Also, I will add that there are many unranked players who are outstanding in college ball and make in the NFL draft. This draft was a prime example of such. Don't make a few stars depict the quality of a player(s). I'm just being repetitive, but at times we need to remind ourselves especially since there some anxiety plus doubt during our transition. We saw our scheduling for the next few years, so I'm sure recruiting will improve as well.
Here are my two cents to add to your point cruzan...Do people genuinely and seriously expect three-star recruits and P5 recruits to fall out of the sky onto the doorstep of the FOC just because we said we are going FBS? To borrow a phrase...

[youtube]
[/youtube] (Can't seem to get the video to embed for some reason)

It's going to take time and patience...we have more of the first and fans need more of the second. Not everyone is going to be ODU and win 10 games and go to a bowl game in their third year as an FBS program....that would be woefully unrealistic, although that might be par for the course for some segments of our fan base.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Remember the dream that as soon as LU announced FBS status the top flight recruits would come flooding in?
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Yes, I seem to remember that comment. Along with the one that said that we could get into homes that we couldn't get in before we decided to go FBS. It is early, but no evidence of either as of yet. Hopefully things will improve quickly, or we are going to have a few more rough years ahead.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
App State, Coastal, ODU have all out recruited us this year so far. Someone please list all of the excuses and reasons why we are trailing all of these in a similar recruiting base. :roll:
R i wrote:App State, Coastal, ODU have all out recruited us this year so far. Someone please list all of the excuses and reasons why we are trailing all of these in a similar recruiting base. :roll:
All of them have been FBS for more than 6 months?
By cruzan_flame13
There is still five months and a couple weeks left before most signing uccurs. We haven't been FBS for half a year yet (will be in a couple days), so I'm not surprised that we are not compared to other schools that you've mentioned Ri. You also have to consider that Liberty is not really known to a lot of prospects. You can even tell from those who received offers and incorrectly say the name of the school. Liberty College? Liberty Eagles? THE University of Liberty?(this one is a bit ketchy). LU have more work to in its transition than ODU, App State and even the beach chickens had to do once they were transitioning. I know you're curious and maybe a bit worried (I can see why). You also have to consider our position during this transition and the continual push to show prospects the value of coming to our school (a lot of athletes, especially those who are high prospects, don't really like the idea of a school with strong rules). I think AD McCaw and the crew is working on this and so far I think they're doing a good job with just the short time we've been in the transition.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
As I said above R i if you genuinely expect that we would have three-star prospects and verbal commitments would come flooding in just because we announced our move to FBS six months ago...ANNOUNCED mind you...then you are in that segment of the fans that lack patience. It's going to take, I believe, at LEAST a year to even BEGIN to harvest the benefits of this move as it relates to recruiting. I wasn't sitting here expecting we would get 20-25 commits in this class when we made the announcement. I'll be happy with 15-17 with a move to 20+ once we have our full complement of FBS scholarships after we become bowl eligible

Agreed Cruzan. Memphis just got $5 million a […]

New Mexico State

Crazy game, should have won it about an hour and a[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

We went from everyone on the team being 6’7&[…]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]