Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote:Also a basketball player! This is interesting! Play Basketball
If you are 6'6" and can walk and chew gum at the same time, you will probably be on the HS basketball team. From the video, I would certainly hope he is better at football.
oldflame wrote:
cruzan_flame13 wrote:Also a basketball player! This is interesting! Play Basketball
If you are 6'6" and can walk and chew gum at the same time, you will probably be on the HS basketball team. From the video, I would certainly hope he is better at football.
Actually this video is more on his personal side. As Sly stated, there's more videos of him playing football and basketball. He's like a Nigerian version of Mutombo when it comes to him blocking the ball and getting rebounds.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
oldflame wrote:
Actually this video is more on his personal side. As Sly stated, there's more videos of him playing football and basketball. He's like a Nigerian version of Mutombo when it comes to him blocking the ball and getting rebounds.
You do realize Mutombo was/is 7'3"?
Apples and oranges.
It's a great personal story, but especially now that we are recruiting for players who can play at the FBS level, I'm sure we didn't offer him a football scholarship based on that.
I was actually talking about his skills and not his height. Who knows, he might grow to be 7'2(Mutombo's actual height). The point is that he's good at blocking and rebounding, which could be helpful in football.
cruzan_flame13 wrote:I was actually talking about his skills and not his height. Who knows, he might grow to be 7'2(Mutombo's actual height). The point is that he's good at blocking and rebounding, which could be helpful in football.
But can he hit the three? We could really use those skills on the gridiron come FG time.
flamehunter wrote:
cruzan_flame13 wrote:I was actually talking about his skills and not his height. Who knows, he might grow to be 7'2(Mutombo's actual height). The point is that he's good at blocking and rebounding, which could be helpful in football.
But can he hit the three? We could really use those skills on the gridiron come FG time.
I don't know if he could flamehunter. Most of his videos are of him blocking, rebounding and dunking. He has a youtube channel named after him.
flamehunter wrote:
Yeah. He could grow to be 7'2". Remember anything is possible. If we only wish hard enough! :pray

The real question is how does he compare to Mutombo in THIS department? :nono

[youtube]g7SdhtxuJYA[/youtube]
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Glad to see that we are still offering scholarships to Christian high school kids--if they are 'FBS ready'. :football
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Glad to see that we are still offering scholarships to Christian high school kids--if they are 'FBS ready'. :football

Considering his background and weight, I'm not sure how ready he is, but there is certainly room for a kid who is 6'6" as either a TE or DE if we believe he has an athletic up side.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
He certainly would be a matchup problem at TE. He would be taller than a lot of DBs...looks like he could beat a LB or D-lineman in coverage too
BJWilliams wrote:He certainly would be a matchup problem at TE. He would be taller than a lot of DBs...looks like he could beat a LB or D-lineman in coverage too
Plus he could grow to be 7'2"!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Home cookin'! :tailgate
Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]

North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]