Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
It would appear to be a 3 horse race between us indiana and ball state. Hes the biggest piece to the class for me. If you dont have a qb you dont have anything.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:It would appear to be a 3 horse race between us indiana and ball state. Hes the biggest piece to the class for me. If you dont have a qb you dont have anything.
Agreed.

Feels like we were there from the very beginning and that means a lot to him. Hopefully Gill and Daily can close out the deal.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
I would also hope he sees how good our receiving corps is and will be and that would draw him to us. Plus, the way the offense is geared to throwing atleast for now should make a QB drool :).
By R i
Registration Days Posts
Buckshot breaking records in his sophomore season has to be a positive in recruiting a QB.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
R i wrote:Buckshot breaking records in his sophomore season has to be a positive in recruiting a QB.
The downside of that is he would be likely to sit 2 years (redshirt the first) before seeing any significant PT. That would have been a deal breaker for Buckshot, which is one reason we got him.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
Lose one year of eligibility as a back up and start 3 years. That would be ideal if you asked me. Would not have worked for Buckshot, so I get your point.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Likely the case at indiana as well. Not sure on ball state. If he comes here he is almost guaranteed 3 years starting. Thats a pretty strong sell honestly.
By Jonathan Carone
R i wrote:Lose one year of eligibility as a back up and start 3 years. That would be ideal if you asked me. Would not have worked for Buckshot, so I get your point.
That’s the absolute ideal situation.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I am not enthusiastic about a kid that doesn't want to come in and compete with whomever we have on the roster. I suspect Caleb has the confidence to come in and challenge Buck whether the odds are in his favor or not.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
Compete with, or have coaching staff tell you " we think you are better than our current QB, come in and prove it and we will make you the starter ".

Big difference.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
R i wrote:Just noticed he runs a 4.5 40 yard dash, and has the highest possible power arm rating on ESPN .

This guy seems like he would be a phenomenal talent. Not sure why he does not have the stars, but hopefully that will benefit LU and keep him away from the P5 schools.
For the record, the sparq power throw is not a measure of arm strength. It involves throwing a 3 kilo ball from a kneeling position in a manner similar to a basketball chest pass, and tests upper body and core strength. Not bad attributes for any football player to have, but for a qb to score high on this is pretty special.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
Indiana has 4 Freshmen listed on their QB roster. Peyton Ramsey is a R-Fr that will likely start the beginning of next season, with the schools highest ever completion percentage. So if playing time is important to Caleb, IU seems to be off the list. They have 2 guys that are red-shirting this year, to compete for the back up roll the next three seasons.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
Ball State has a True Junior that started in 2017. They have a Freshman ( that will take a redshirt for 2017)and a R-Freshaman listed as well. No idea if they like those guys for their future.

Playing time and stats are not everything to a QB recruit, however It appears that LU can offer 3 years as starting QB in a system that has seen Buckshot and WR break records.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
For the years that Caleb would be starting at QB , here are some of the announced road games that would be within a reasonable distance to his Florida Family. Lynchburg would be a much easier drive than the two Indiana schools.

Sep 05 - @ Virginia Tech
Nov 07 - @ Virginia
Nov 21 - @ NC State

Sep 11 - @ Troy
Oct 02 - @ UAB
Oct 09 - @ North Texas
Nov 13 - @ Ole Miss

Sep 03 - @ Southern Miss
Sep 17 - @ Wake Forest
Sep 24 - @ ODU
By R i
Registration Days Posts
Hopefully the coaching staff tells all Florida players about the cheap AllegiantAir flight from Tampa to Roanoke for 45$.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
Let me break down why LU is the best landing spot for Caleb from FlamesNation's perspective.

1) Playing Time
2) Proximity to Home
3) Record Books
4) Best Facilities of anyone on your offer list.
5) Develop Character and Spiritual Life
Last edited by R i on December 12th, 2017, 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
He does have fiu and temple offers. Fiu could be a challenge as well. I just know indiana visited once and ball state has visited him twice plus an on campus visit since 27th.
Last edited by jinxy on December 12th, 2017, 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
Just another thought on Indiana, they have a 3 star Dual Threat QB committed already in this class.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Manson or anybody that follows him...did he tweet pics of visit or anything? His account is private so you cant see anything. Just curious if hes active on twitter with us or the other schools. In my mind hes going to make or break the class

I think we will get one of the backs to replace west and eventually land cormier but no clue here.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:Manson or anybody that follows him...did he tweet pics of visit or anything? His account is private so you cant see anything. Just curious if hes active on twitter with us or the other schools. In my mind hes going to make or break the class

I think we will get one of the backs to replace west and eventually land cormier but no clue here.
Since he's private I won't post his pictures on here, but yes he did tweet pics of his visit. He called it "a weekend to remember." He said his visit to Ball State was "a great time."

FIU is also showing heavy interest, with an in-home visit as early as last week. We also visited him last week, as did Indiana.

It will be interesting to see where he takes his OV to this weekend, as I would assume whoever it is, is our real competition for him.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
So, update on Lynum. Tonight is a big night for us. And his 3rd visit this weekend would be to FIU.
jinxy wrote:Thanks that was what i was really wondering. You doing a recruiting update like years past?
Actually working on that right now. Stuff is changing so quick though, as soon as I hit publish it will be outdated.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Trying to follow you on first line.. in house? Last chance to secure before fiu visit?

Your a fellow banker so we can speak in code haha
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:Trying to follow you on first line.. in house? Last chance to secure before fiu visit?

Your a fellow banker so we can speak in code haha
For the record, our current QB chose us over FIU.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/memp[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

What is the scouting report on Isaiah Ihnen from […]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]