Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By R i
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Did anybody catch Mario Cristobal's description of his time at FIU as part of his introductory news conference at Oregon? Wow, just wow.
No. Cliff Notes version ?
By R i
Registration Days Posts
In regards to FIU , Lynum would be up against a 2 star Dual threat QB from the class of 2017 that redshirted.

Also , VERY BIG NEWS, they had a dual threat QB commit last night and his name was not CALEB LYNUM!

The QB room is getting a little full. Behind their sophmore starter.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
R i wrote:
Sly Fox wrote:Did anybody catch Mario Cristobal's description of his time at FIU as part of his introductory news conference at Oregon? Wow, just wow.
No. Cliff Notes version ?
Bottom line was that the FIU program was a dumpster fire, with the school not paying bills and awful facilities. He told a story about how the team charter busses did not show on game day because the bill wasn't paid and the coaches had to transport everyone to the stadium in their personal vehicles. Reminded me of Liberty back in the day when coach Sam would pay for the hotel and meals on the road with his personal credit card and hope he would be reimbursed eventually.
Last edited by olldflame on December 14th, 2017, 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Link? I'd love to see that.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
So it appears FIU should be out of the race.

Ball State vs LU for Lynum.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Link? I'd love to see that.
Working with a tablet here and can't (or at least don't know how to) c&p links. Google his name and look for introductory press conference under videos. The part about FIU is in answer to the first question from the press following his opening remarks. Maybe 20 minutes into the video.
By Class of 20Something
olldflame wrote:
Working with a tablet here and can't (or at least don't know how to) c&p links. Google his name and look for introductory press conference under videos. The part about FIU is in answer to the first question from the press following his opening remarks. Maybe 20 minutes into the video.
I haven't watched to verify this is it. But it fit the bill of your description.

[youtube]PwkHGoWKnLs[/youtube]

Edit: This is the one!
Last edited by Class of 20Something on December 14th, 2017, 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
olldflame wrote:
I haven't watched to verify this is it. But it fit the bill of your description.

[youtube]MDdFFWQPCpk[/youtube]
That's not it. This is 44 minutes long of the press conference when he was introduced at Oregon.
By Class of 20Something
olldflame wrote:Hopefully Caleb has seen Manson's tweet with the info on our OL commits. If I were a QB that would be a compelling inducement.
Thankfully he isn't 5'11" That line is going to be massive. Especially if we can reel in the Big Tuna.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
NOT BALL STATE: Ball State is on a 9 game losing streak , and the QB room is really full.

WHY LU ?:
LU administration is committed to a winning Independent program.
QB room is all his in two years.
LEGIT NFL SHOT: Buckshot and Woodrum both have gotten or will get a shot at the NFL. Woodrum is with the Ravens, and the local beat writer for the news paper predicts BuckShot will get drafted.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
The fiu kid is listed as qb/ ath. So as long as they are recruiting him to be a qb could be right. Also if there taking 2 qbs they could still be in.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
Each of their last three classes have included a (Dual) guy. Each one has been a QB. They have so many QBs with same skill set as Lynum, and them giving a scholarship to a Dual for the third season in a row, I have to believe they are out on Lynum.
By Class of 20Something
Sly Fox wrote:He took his Twitter account private fairly recently. I don't have access.
Just request. We can follow, retweet, and like. We just can't type. He accepted me.

On that. It looks like its between us and ball state.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
Does Jerry every get involved in recruiting ? Does Ian ?

If Caleb heard their commitment to winning it would be a huge benefit for our program.
By FLAMEfromBAMA
Registration Days Posts
Can anyone access the Gatorcountry.com website to check into whatever this is?

http://www.gatorcountry.com/swampgas/th ... 00.385420/

(Bing search Caleb Lynum and you’ll see a snippet from yesterday with someone saying, “Welcome to the board Mr. Lynum. Congrats on the five offers......”)

Any chance he waits and starts to get more offers and we fall back?
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
It is premium content. So unfortunately unless you are a Florida fan it is unlikely that you will gain access.

There is the very real possibility that some kids could pass on the early signing period and hope better opportunities arise in January. We've seen this for years in hoops. The potential downside is that your favorite offer you hold may disappear in the process if we wind up getting a commitment from someone else. Offers are temporary and some kids often don't learn that fact until it is too late.

I fully expect fellow QBs Lyle, Smith & Sarratt to wait through the early period expecting opportunities to arise once everyone's boards become clearer the next couple of days. And for the record, I would be thrilled with any of these four kids. Lyle & Smith really raised their profile with championship game runs the past few weeks.

If the new players picks up on the pack line defen[…]

Longwood

Liberty wins 9-3. Roupe 2 homers, 4 RBI. Jesse hom[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

Aaron Judge is killing me right now. 6 starte[…]

Just remember that fine academic institution, Loui[…]