Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By R i
Registration Days Posts
Dirty 30 wrote:
R i wrote:Indiana, LSU, Ball State, and Temple have all shown interest in Caleb. He has been active with LU on twitter, and seems like a great fit for the school. This would be an absolute Home Run in my opinion. Speaking of Home Runs, I am curious if Jackson and Gill ever worked out the two sport athlete thing ? Caleb plays baseball, and it could really benefit us if we allowed these guys to do both. My understanding is Tillman was not talented enough to play in an already crowded outfield. I would not be surprised if Jackson just shut down the idea of football guys on the baseball team all together. He seems to be a purist.
It seems like Caleb is a special athlete. If he can play both it would be easier for him playing at the QB position and playing baseball to do it but Spring Practice is a must for the QB position. Tillmon is more than talented enough to play baseball and he decided to concentrate on Football this spring and not play baseball this past season and participate in Spring Practice with a chance to start at Safety. Right now that is where he is on depth chart going into fall camp. Coach Jackson wanted him out there this year. He has already told Coach Jackson he would like to play this coming spring. I guess we will see what kind of player he is in baseball if he does play next year.
Sorry for the fake news on the reason Tillmon is not play baseball. It was mentioned several times on the board that it was because Jackson did not feel he had a need for another outfielder. I am glad to hear that is not the case, that it indeed was Brandon's decision. Also to be clear, I am not sure Caleb is interested in playing both sports at the college level.
oldflame wrote:Great news. Based on the past few years, getting a recruit to visit is way more than half the battle.
Based on the past few weeks. I get the feeling we will get news on at least one of these guys visiting this week.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
No twitter announcements yet, here is to hoping we get some good news about Caleb today .
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I think lynum visit is later in the week. Could be wrong. Kyles tweet didnt make a lot of sense yesterday though unless lynum was here.

Yost is a nice pickup. Godfrey, jt wood and lynum are 3 that i think are all annoucing soon and we could use all 3.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
The initial rounds of offers are over. Teams will try to make offers to fill remaining needs after camp season (july). We got a bit of a late start since we just found out were fbs so were running about a month behind. The next 2 weeks are huge. We need to reel in as many as we can before some of the p5 schools circle back around to reset their boards and remaining needs.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
Godfrey and Lynum are the guys I have been most interested in landing. If we can get these two guys in such important skill positions, it would be humongous.
R i wrote:Godfrey and Lynum are the guys I have been most interested in landing. If we can get these two guys in such important skill positions, it would be humongous.
I just want depth. The kind of FBS depth that lets us suffer an injury in the 3Q and next man up actually works and win a ball game. That has been the difference in most of our losses against FBS schools.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Both are true. We have added depth so far. We also need to get some play makers that can score and be individually great and create pressure and turnovers. Lynum and Godfrey are are game breaking type players we will need at fbs level.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Caleb has picked up an offer from the Hoosiers and is switching schools ...
Leesburg (FL) Daily Commercial wrote:Top QB Lynum leaving First Academy of Leesburg

First Academy of Leesburg’s Caleb Lynum (8) steps back to pass during a game against Mount Dora Christian Academy on Oct. 8, 2016. Lynum is leaving First Academy after spending two years as the starting quarterback for the school. [PAUL RYAN / DAILY COMMERCIAL]

By Frank Jolley

Posted Jul 3, 2017 at 7:15 PM
Updated Jul 3, 2017 at 8:11 PM

When Caleb Lynum takes the field for his high school football season opener in August, he won’t be wearing a First Academy of Leesburg uniform.

However, where Lynum will eventually spend his senior year is a bit of a mystery since the player has not yet announced where he will transfer.

First Academy coach Sheldon Walker confirmed on Monday that Lynum has left First Academy and said his program has begun the process of moving on. Walker said he received a text recently from Lynum’s family informing him of the decision.

“I do not know why he’s leaving,” Walker said. “I just know that Caleb will not be enrolled at First Academy of Leesburg for his senior year. He’s done a lot for our program over the past two years and we wish him well.”
Click Here for Full Story
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Bump...dailey visited today. Indiana and ball state have been pushing hard. Manson your tweet said he visited ball state recently?

To me hes the best of the qbs weve offered that we had a shot at by far. I dont see a great next option though sarrat is decent. Big drop off to brandon robinson the most recent offer.

His twitter is private. Manson or sly?? Still looks like we have a shot? Did we ever confirm that he did visit us?
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
A Sea of Red wrote:He hasn't visited Liberty. He visited Ball State this past weekend.
Danny Rocco called. He said his LU team beat them, too. :football
By R i
Registration Days Posts
Had a visit scheduled mid july.

Never made scheduled visit.

Coach Daily eats dinner at his house.

We need to get him on Campus prior to signing day.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
Great News of getting him on campus this late. Lynum would take this class to the next level.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]