Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Randon Jernigan
6' 0" 180 lbs Athlete
Brunswick (GA) Glynn Academy - Transfer from Brunswick HS

*** Also is a top OF Prospect with Blazing Speed ***

Rivals Profile 3- :star

Scout Profile

247sports Profile

Hudl Profile

Instagram

Twitter

Holds Offers from (As of 5/8/17):
  • App State
    Army
    Central Michigan
    Chattanooga
    Cincinnati
    Coastal Carolina
    Colorado State
    Eastern Michigan
    Florida Atlantic
    Georgia Southern
    Georgia State
    Liberty
    Mercer
    Southern Miss
    Troy
    Western Kentucky
Looks like he wants to play both sports in college, which is to our advantage because a lot of high major football coaches won't allow it. Gill was supposedly on board with it for Brandon Tillmon, but he didn't play baseball as a FR. That appears to have been Brandon's decision, but it's hard to know for sure. If Gill and Jackson can get on the same page it could help us steal one from the big boys. He's an excellent student, so handling the 2 sports shouldn't be an issue academically.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
If this kid is as good at baseball as it appears, I'm thinking it will be 2 sports in college or he will sign a pro baseball contract. It would make no sense for him to turn down pro $$ for the fraction of a scholarship he could get playing college bb. On a football scholarship, he would have a full ride plus FCOA $$, and at the right school could still play baseball.
Coach Gill is definitely not against 2 sport college athletes as he was one. With that said, we will have a decent shot with this kid. He is a running back at the college level or slot receiver who could be a huge plus for us in the return game(which we have lacked here recently aside from Frankie). Cincinnati will be tough competition in the recruiting of this kid, but baseball could be our icing on the cake.

From what I can tell, these guys will confirm […]

Long snapper from Elon/UCLA with one year of eligi[…]

A Liberty-Longhorns matchup would be incredible. I[…]

I do most of my reading on airplanes and trains th[…]