Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Dude is a PLAYER. Talk about someone who stands out when you watch him play. Great kid too
By cruzan_flame13
Purple Haize wrote:Dude is a PLAYER. Talk about someone who stands out when you watch him play. Great kid too

I looked at his Hudl video and you're not kidding. He is a great player and a good qb. I see him rocking the #1 like he's Can Newton :D . It would be great to see him play at the Bill.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I can't see him playing QB. But any other skill position certainly. If he wants to go on the other side DB is a no brainer He's taller than 5'11" and LB could even be an option. I'm really high on this kid
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Be an outstanding guy to come across the formation in a jet motion like we sometimes ran with Zac Parker, but as a QB, he adds the prospect of a pass out of that play motion
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Be an outstanding guy to come across the formation in a jet motion like we sometimes ran with Zac Parker, but as a QB, he adds the prospect of a pass out of that play motion
He is too talented to not put on the field. Plus he's being recruited as an Athlete. Glad to see they are going after another Raider. The last one turned out pretty good
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Agreed...coach Dailey could have a field day with his skillset
Your kidding, right? You do realize you are talking about JOE DAILEY; the guy who did not call one play that involved any sort of creativity or deception in an entire season as OC? Fat chance. We had a slot back (King) who the year before threw the ball twice on jet sweep options (called by Stamn). He completed both for touchdowns. Last year we saw none of that or anything else that wasn't vanilla. I'm afraid the only way it will change is by executive order from Gill, and that would probably only happen if McCaw pressured him to do it.
I couldn't find any other scholarship offers either, but this kid played against my alma mater and lit them up single-handedly. He threw for 2 TD's, ran for 1 and had a pick six. He alone would've beat my alma mater 24-13. The kid is the epitome of an athlete and from what I have heard is as hard working as anyone. Not to mention a good student too.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:I couldn't find any other scholarship offers either, but this kid played against my alma mater and lit them up single-handedly. He threw for 2 TD's, ran for 1 and had a pick six. He alone would've beat my alma mater 24-13. The kid is the epitome of an athlete and from what I have heard is as hard working as anyone. Not to mention a good student too.

Not to mention a WINNER, with 2 state championships under his belt and a shot at a 3rd this year.

Speaking of which........ how are the Raiders doing this year. Is a 3-peat in the works?
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:I couldn't find any other scholarship offers either, but this kid played against my alma mater and lit them up single-handedly. He threw for 2 TD's, ran for 1 and had a pick six. He alone would've beat my alma mater 24-13. The kid is the epitome of an athlete and from what I have heard is as hard working as anyone. Not to mention a good student too.

Not to mention a WINNER, with 2 state championships under his belt and a shot at a 3rd this year.

Speaking of which........ how are the Raiders doing this year. Is a 3-peat in the works?
They lost their first game in a couple years but that was to Heritage HS which is a higher class and probably the best team around the area this year (despite a loss to crosstown rival EC Glass). The Raiders are 8-1 and in a decent position for a three-peat.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I know I'm sounding like ballcoach when I say this, but I love it when we get LOCAL players! :clapping
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:

Don’t doubt the Raiders! This was supposed to be a ‘rebuilding ‘ year. I wouldn’t be surprised with a 3 peat
As for Javon my first post said it all. He will carry on the fine traditions of Raiders playing for The Flames.
I know one kid had VT offer him. Not sure if it was Javon or not.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
He definitely could be big for us and add a bit of additional depth at either QB or RB with his athleticism
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:He definitely could be big for us and add a bit of additional depth at either QB or RB with his athleticism
I wouldn’t put him at QB. If he wants to play offense than RB of WR. He’d be a beast on defense
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
thanks for the clarity OF...definitely could help us there too and even on special teams. Him and FH on kick returns would be a nightmare
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:He has decided to wait until the February Signing Period per his coach through Damien.
That would explain the flood of P5 coaches at the school the last few weeks
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]