Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:Seems like we're offering a lot of guys with academy offers. Makes me think we are looking for character fits as well as play makers.
:idea:

I've been saying this for a couple of years now. I don't know if we actually look at the recruits the academies have offered and follow up on them or if we are just looking for the same kind of young men, but either way, it's a good thing. Militarily, I would say it is also good "strategy" for them to be looking at the guys WE are recruiting. The cultures are very different, and a lot of players who thrive in a military environment would not do well at Liberty (and vice versa), but there is definitely some overlap.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
A student-athlete chose us over Army and Navy? All I can say is, Go Flames! Study :football :clapping
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:A student-athlete chose us over Army and Navy? All I can say is, Go Flames! Study :football :clapping
The military academies provide FBS football with tons of tradition, a great education and multiple other benefits, but it comes with a pretty steep price tag in the form of the post graduation military commitment.
By Ewglenn
oldflame wrote:
Cider Jim wrote:A student-athlete chose us over Army and Navy? All I can say is, Go Flames! Study :football :clapping
The military academies provide FBS football with tons of tradition, a great education and multiple other benefits, but it comes with a pretty steep price tag in the form of the post graduation military commitment.

Honestly it is smart to offer those kids to give them another FBS offer that doesn't have the commitment.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Ewglenn wrote:
oldflame wrote:

Honestly it is smart to offer those kids to give them another FBS offer that doesn't have the commitment.
Agree. He is someone who may have come anyway, but one reason our MBB team landed Brock Gardner over the AFA was because we could offer him aviation training without the service requirement.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]