Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Look at the schools a lot of those WRs are committing to:
William and Mary (about 20 minutes from where Watson went to school)
FIU
Naval Academy
Louisiana-Monroe
NC State
Utah

We aren't losing a ton of these guys to FCS...of the non-Liberty verbals we have so far...8 of them are FCS with 1 being the 5 time defending national champs and I think 3 of them being Ivy League (which means these kids are definitely classroom stalwarts as well)
By R i
Registration Days Posts
Is the Linemen with the last name Mccaw, that is from Texas, any relation to our AD ?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
R i wrote:Is the Linemen with the last name Mccaw, that is from Texas, any relation to our AD ?
An earlier Tweet says No
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
A Sea of Red wrote:Commitment #8 comes from JUCO QB

http://www.aseaofred.com/commitment-8-c ... m-juco-qb/
Interesting choice for a JUCO QB to come to a situation where it would seem the starting job is set in stone for the next 3 years From the LU perspective it sure looks like our staff do not have a lot of confidence in either Masha or Yearick to be the kind of backup who could come in and run the offense if anything happened to Buckshot If they did, I would think we would have gone with a FR instead of a JUCO, but we absolutely had to get another QB in the program, regardless of where he ends up on the depth chart

As far as position needs are concerned, I'm hoping to see at least one TE and another LB in the coming days Can't have too many CBs either IMHO, especially if we can find one who can RETURN PUNTS Beyond that it's mainly about getting guys who have the talent to be an upgrade down the line
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
QB is pretty much a given in every class...that we went a JUCO route with this year is intriguing. I agree with TE seeing as we lose three TEs and the returners are Foutz, Rusins and a freshman walkon
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:This should free them up to use Masha elsewhere in the offense if they are so inclined.
Maybe, but I'm skeptical as to whether Masha can really help us anywhere else I don't see him as better than receivers like Farrow, Gandy-Golden or King for sure, and I think we could probably go a bit further down the depth chart there

He should be physically well suited to play safety, but I believe we are pretty talented there as well, although we do need to replace Jalloh We have Corbin Jackson, Rion Davis, Elijah Benton and Brandon Tillman as well as Seneca Espinosa, a kid they are REALLY high on who redshirted this year

I still think Masha could help this team as a change of pace QB, running the read option or a variation thereof, but I doubt we see that as long as Daley is OC
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Neo wrote:Well, I guess this clears it up that Masha won't be back.

Is that breaking news or speculation :dontgetit

Transferring actually could be in Stephon's best interest at this point
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
with his athleticism, Masha can definitely help somewhere.

I hope the staff can pick up a couple Jucos esp at the oline. Need some that can contribute right away. Can also add more athleticism to the LB position. lastly I heard there is a TE from syracuse that is planning a visit. I hope Gill gets more aggressive on transfers.
Last edited by ballah09 on December 12th, 2016, 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote:with his athleticism, Masha can definitely help somewhere.

I hope the staff can pick up a couple Jucos esp at the oline. Need some that can contribute right away. Can also add more athleticism to the LB position. lastly I heard there is a TE from syracuse that is planning a visit. I hope Gill gets more aggressive on transfers.
TE is definitely an area of need I think Zack Faust is going to be a good one, but we need at least 2 who can play
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:

TE is definitely an area of need I think Zack Faust is going to be a good one, but we need at least 2 who can play
Masha? But how much do they really use TE's in the offense?
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
olldflame wrote:

Masha? But how much do they really use TE's in the offense?
We don't throw much to the TE, but we do use multiple-TE sets in short yardage situations Masha isn't big enough to play TE the way we utilize them
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Scanning the 2016 roster, I see 10 scholarship players who are seniors plus Hartman who has retired and Holder who is transferring Add the 2 who were dismissed and that makes 14 available scholarships

In a recent interview, Gill said he plans on signing 15-17 this year I can only speculate there must be at least a couple more that are opening up one way or another
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:Apparently we can add a lineman from Indiana to the class Anyone know more

He's from Indiana. He's awesome, wholesome and can shoot. What more do you need? :D
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
olldflame wrote:Apparently we can add a lineman from Indiana to the class Anyone know more

He's from Indiana. He's awesome, wholesome and can shoot. What more do you need? :D
And apparently he is a beast; something which is rapidly becoming an overused cliche'
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I cant find anything on whoever this kid is from Haize's neck of the woods. Based on area code he is from the South Bend to Elkhart area. But I can find nothing on him. usually a HS coach will go online if the kid hasn't already.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:I cant find anything on whoever this kid is from Haize's neck of the woods. Based on area code he is from the South Bend to Elkhart area. But I can find nothing on him. usually a HS coach will go online if the kid hasn't already.
Check under 'Rudy' maybe? :lol:
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
Is it just me or does the caliber of this class down from the past couple of years?
Maybe it is just my excitement level but it doesn't seem we are winning any battles with similar caliber or slightly better caliber teams for recruits this year. Hoping we are finding diamonds in the rough.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ALAFlamesFan wrote:Is it just me or does the caliber of this class down from the past couple of years?
Maybe it is just my excitement level but it doesn't seem we are winning any battles with similar caliber or slightly better caliber teams for recruits this year. Hoping we are finding diamonds in the rough.
I don't see a lot of flashy pick up but I do see a lot of 'need' pick ups. These Linemen are exactly what's needed So that's good
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
The OLinemen will not likely help us this year They will probably both be redshirted Our hopes there are that the guys who were injured come back strong, at least a couple of the FR who redshirted this year are ready to help and the possibility of a JUCO or FBS transfer yet to come
Election 2022 and 2024

Then he went on to win 49 out of 50 states.

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]