Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Rooster Cogburn
Registration Days Posts
Mitch Hanson's "little" brother is the starting LT for Lord Botetourt HS in Roanoke as a freshman. He is 6'3" 260, as a freshman, and from is video he is a beast. He began starting partway through this year over a senior. I hear LU is interested and vice versa, and he's been at Wagner's camps. Other schools are interested already too, but I'm not sure I can detail that at this point or not.

He will be playing at William's Stadium in the state finals since LBHS won today. Big deal for him to play where his brother played.

Anyway, check out his freshman highlight reel. http://www.hudl.com/athlete/6081536/hig ... 7082386/v2
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
I know his dream is to play for Swinney at Clemson but if that doesn't work out I think we would have a great shot of landing him. He's got a mean streak that set's him apart. He's going to be a good one.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
He's definitely a big kid for his age. I suspect he might get some early offers next year or the year thereafter if he stays healthy.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Jesse Hanson
6' 5" 290 lbs Offensive Lineman
Daleville (VA) Lord Botetourt HS

*** Mitch's Little Brother ***

ESPN Profile

Rivals Profile 3- :star

Scout Profile

247sports Profile 3- :star

Hudl Profile

Twitter

Rooanoke Times wrote:Lord Botetourt sophomore Jesse Hanson a big presence on offensive line

By Robert Anderson
robert.anderson@roanoke.com 981-3123
Aug 6, 2016

TAZ LOMBARDO | The Roanoke Times

DALEVILLE — Lord Botetourt’s football program is in the middle of a growth spurt.

The same might be true for the Cavaliers’ sophomore offensive lineman Jesse Hanson.

Hanson already stands 6-foot-4 and weighs 280 pounds, but signs indicate he is not finished growing.

“When he finally fills out as a high school player, I fully expect him to be 6-6, 310 or 320,” Botetourt head coach Jamie Harless said. “His arms are a mile long. His reach and wingspan are phenomenal.”

The 15-year-old doesn’t drive, doesn’t shave and has size-16 feet.
Click Here for Full Story

This kid is going to be recruited by nearly everyone. He's been on campus visits to practically FBS program in the region.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
That article came from yesterday's Clemson Spring Game. Here's the relevant part beyond the fact that he's a big fan of the CU coaching staff:
Clemson Insider wrote:Hanson plans to camp at Clemson again this summer and possibly attend a practice during fall camp. He visited East Carolina recently, is visiting Coastal Carolina tomorrow and Liberty on April 15.
I think we can all completely understand his interest in the National Champions. I can even see East Carolina. But at some point Mitch has to step in and draw the line with the Beach Chickens. We're counting on you, Mitch!
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:That article came from yesterday's Clemson Spring Game. Here's the relevant part beyond the fact that he's a big fan of the CU coaching staff:
Clemson Insider wrote:Hanson plans to camp at Clemson again this summer and possibly attend a practice during fall camp. He visited East Carolina recently, is visiting Coastal Carolina tomorrow and Liberty on April 15.
I think we can all completely understand his interest in the National Champions. I can even see East Carolina. But at some point Mitch has to step in and draw the line with the Beach Chickens. We're counting on you, Mitch!
My guess is that Jesse is enjoying the ride visiting all the programs that will have him. I think he's probably got a pretty short list of possible landing spots that he's considering. I agree though, I would draw the line this side of Conway.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:
Sly Fox wrote:That article came from yesterday's Clemson Spring Game. Here's the relevant part beyond the fact that he's a big fan of the CU coaching staff:
My guess is that Jesse is enjoying the ride visiting all the programs that will have him. I think he's probably got a pretty short list of possible landing spots that he's considering. I agree though, I would draw the line this side of Conway.
Maybe he's interested to hear what their cheerleaders have to say? :dontgetit
ballah09 wrote:I'm thinking he's enjoying the visits as well. He grew up around the Liberty program and unless Clemson comes offering I think he's ours to lose.
Even if they offer, playing time might be limited to a single year down there. If he's just playing them and they do offer, it wouldn't hurt my feelings for the world to see a recruiting pick LU over Clemson
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
ballah09 wrote:I'm thinking he's enjoying the visits as well. He grew up around the Liberty program and unless Clemson comes offering I think he's ours to lose.
Even if they offer, playing time might be limited to a single year down there. If he's just playing them and they do offer, it wouldn't hurt my feelings for the world to see a recruiting pick LU over Clemson
His parents both graduated from Clemson. They were going to games at Death Valley before they ever came to Liberty games. If he did pick us over them, it would be a real coup.
flamehunter wrote:
Class of 20Something wrote:
His parents both graduated from Clemson. They were going to games at Death Valley before they ever came to Liberty games. If he did pick us over them, it would be a real coup.
And there go my hopes and dreams.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:Coastal has offered him on his visit there.
SBC :rofl :rofl

Sounds to me like Clemson would have the inside track if they offer, but if it's between a walkon position there and a fullride at his brother's alma mater with $6000/yr FCOA, I like our chances. 8)
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
We have a connection to this kid and have talked above about him being a Clemson prospect, he visited here first yet we let Coastal offer him 1st?! Come on Coach!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Do you think they played this in the background during his visit?

[youtube]NHozn0YXAeE[/youtube]
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Agreed. Take a look at the expressions on his face from the two visits if you need further evidence.

The Clemson Insider wrote:Tigers ramping up recruitment of Clemson legacy

By Gavin Oliver September 6, 2017 2:15 pm ET

Class of 2019 offensive guard Jesse Hanson has been a frequent visitor to Clemson over the years, and on Saturday, the Daleville (Va.) Lord Botetourt prospect will return to Tiger Town for Clemson’s top-15 matchup with Auburn in Death Valley.

“I’m extremely excited,” Hanson told The Clemson Insider. “It’s a night game and a huge opponent. It should be packed, and I’ve been talking to the coaches a lot more since September 1st so I feel like my recruitment is starting to pick up. It’s going to be an awesome time.”
Click Here for Full Story

And look who Clemson is using as the point man on their recruiting efforts with Jesse ... Brandon Streeter. Ugh. He is planning on visiting UVa & Virginia Tech as well as Boston College as the season progresses.

Incidentally he's had 3 stars dropped on him by most of the recruiting services. That could go even higher based on his highlight reel this fall. Here's his latest offer list:

• Coastal Carolina
    Iowa State
    Liberty
    Virginia
LaTech

Liberty 2 LaTech 0. Yoder pitched 1 hitter with 7 […]

Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]