Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Class of 20Something
I have to think some offeres have been recinded at this point. As the class reaches capacity we don't want the guys they only got an offer or two to jump on board. We are gaining a ton of momentum with the big recruits. I really think we can lock down a couple more three star guys.

I know we are scheduling at a high ground level, but the American is the only conference we would be at the bottom of. In fact we are out recruiting 13 FBS programs. It may not be where we need to be next year or the year after, but I'm pretty stoked we are taking this bull by the horns. I hope we can crack the top 100.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I suspect that a slew of the early offers are no longer valid. These kids often do not understand the process and believe the offers last forever. As a result, they often hold out hope that their dream school will come through with a late offer and wind up holding nothing on Signing Day other than a JUCO possibility or preferred walk-on possibility.
By A Sea of Red
Posts Custom
Isaiah Edwards will be visiting this weekend. 6'8" 360 lbs JUCO OL prospect from Katy, Texas. He is at Independence Community College in Independence, Kansas. He's a transfer from Rice who redshirted in 2015 and started 5 games in 2016 before getting injured.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
jinxy wrote:Thats the big tuna kid i was mentioning in the other thread.
I think big tuna is underselling it a bit.
Tuna can get a lot bigger than that, but if he signs, I think we need to give him a Liberty nickname, courtesy of GOT.
By CCWMichael
A Sea of Red wrote:Isaiah Edwards will be visiting this weekend. 6'8" 360 lbs JUCO OL prospect from Katy, Texas. He is at Independence Community College in Independence, Kansas. He's a transfer from Rice who redshirted in 2015 and started 5 games in 2016 before getting injured.
:shock: :shock: :shock:
He does even need to move to effective. Imagine this pulling guard coming at the second or third LEVEl, I mean LEVEL :football :football
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Chibueze tweeted out a pic of last weekend. Theres still one more guy there. Weaver bodden west lynum the lb that comitted and chibueze. Then theres a white guy lined up at center??
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
So, Isaiah Edwards was a 3 star Offensive Guard recruit in high school on 247 and ESPN. Not sure what his rating was in Rivals. But he was recruited by Alabama just never offered. Fellas, if we land this BIG TUNA what a GREAT first FBS class. The trenches are what lead to success.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
If you do a Google Image search for Isaiah Edwards, you'll also see some pics of him in a high school basketball uniform! :shock:

By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Now that we know Big Tuna is not taking his official visit to the Burg due to academic issues. Who else besides Cheapell Jones(DB) is coming for an official this weekend? I thought I saw on twitter Michael Austin Lewis and Sean Queen were coming but not sure.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Some of the JUCOs who don't finish up school until the the spring are coming in January. We are only hosting the mid-year JUCO prospects in December. I'll watch for some of the HS prospects but haven't seen mentions quite yet. The current verbals usually don't post official visit info until they are on their way or even already on the mountain.
By Class of 20Something
So I toyed with 24/7's class calculator. I added everyone on 24/7 that is already committed and made two additions. I added Elijah Davis and Swift Lyle. That would take our class 15 spots higher to 110. Our recruiting score would sit at 98.17 and would increase about 13 points with every 3* recruit we can pull in further.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:So I toyed with 24/7's class calculator. I added everyone on 24/7 that is already committed and made two additions. I added Elijah Davis and Swift Lyle. That would take our class 15 spots higher to 110. Our recruiting score would sit at 98.17 and would increase about 13 points with every 3* recruit we can pull in further.
I would be pleasantly amazed if we sign either one of them. The only thing we have going for us with Davis, is we are close to home. Nothing with Lyle. If he is as good as they say, he will get some big offers. We need a good QB recruit.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
The usa today posted their high school state rankings.

Of note : jesse hanson and james collins were first team lineman. Hanson of course is a top 2019 target for us and collins was a kid we offered that had committed to ucf. Not sure if he signed or not after the change.

Chibuze elijah davis cole beck and grayson overstreet all made second team.

Chibueze was a top 30 state player in virtually every ranking ive seen. He and lewis are clearly the top 2 signees so far.

Also interesting that appomatox had a sr db on he first team and scruggs was not on either.

Roanoke catholic also had a jr ol on 2nd team that i suspect we might take a look at soon.

Also no idea if its true or not but i heard were def hiring a 10th coach and it could be a true difference making defensive coach. No idea if that means a dc or just a bigger name position coach.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
There’s been a couple of posts about the lack of or quality of offers some recruits have gotten.
I’ll just give 2 examples of why I’m not sure it’s that big a deal. The kid who just became NC States All Time leading receiver had 0 offers. Adam Thielen (sp) signed a big contract extension with the Vikings this past season.
Granted it would be nice to be loaded with 4 and 5 star recruits, but that’s not happening at LU. So having a handful of players with no or limited offers is not a sign of the Apocalypse
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:There’s been a couple of posts about the lack of or quality of offers some recruits have gotten.
I’ll just give 2 examples of why I’m not sure it’s that big a deal. The kid who just became NC States All Time leading receiver had 0 offers. Adam Thielen (sp) signed a big contract extension with the Vikings this past season.
Granted it would be nice to be loaded with 4 and 5 star recruits, but that’s not happening at LU. So having a handful of players with no or limited offers is not a sign of the Apocalypse
One of the more football savvy posters we have ever had on this forum once said that having a signing class where everyone has multiple offers can actually be a sign of laziness by your staff. It indicates you are relying on the evaluations of others and not beating the bushes to find hidden gems. While we are going to end up with more guys with stars than we have ever signed, I think we also have a couple of potential sleepers in Frith and Graham.
Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Wondering if you have looked into catching the n[…]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by So[…]