If you are new to FlameFans, here is the forum to introduce yourself and learn the ropes of how this community operates. We'll also get you up to speed on the ground rules.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Birds of a feather: Sly and Omar were tight back in his Owls days! :shock:
Sly Fox wrote:Did you have notes about me interviewing Omar regularly in his playing days at Rice? :I chortle audibly.:
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Sly may have been born in Chattanooga, but he knows Texas sports:
Sly Fox wrote:I was covering the Horns in Austin when Gus was shown the door and Augie brought in.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Sly is dropping names again--this time, Avery Johnson's.
Sly Fox wrote:I've been around Avery on a regular basis for over two decades.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox not only knows Dr. Emily Heady, but her parents, as well. They all attended the same church in Wheelersburg, OH, pastored by Sly's dad.
Sly Fox wrote:I can remember the first time baby Emily was brought by her parents to church. Yes, I am that old.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Sly Fox not only knows Dr. Emily Heady, but her parents, as well. They all attended the same church in Wheelersburg, OH, pastored by Sly's dad.
Sly Fox wrote:I can remember the first time baby Emily was brought by her parents to church. Yes, I am that old.
He's been dropping more names than an FBI informant recently
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Sly's connections aren't just limited to statements he makes on Flame Fans; he dropped this information on the csnbbs.com message board.
Coach Withers was an assistant for the Longhorns back when i covered the team years ago.

http://csnbbs.com/thread-765738.html
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I have NDAs that keep me from talking about most of my clients. But the Astronaut program is public record so I can acknowlegde my work with these insanely amazing individuals. I rarely am impressed with the more famous or weathy folks I work alongside. But these astronauts take things to a whole other level.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: May 31st, 2020, 12:01 pm Somehow Sly was able to one up himself in the name drop game by speaking on NDA's. Classic sly! :) I have a feeling there are a few others around these parts who have signed NDA's 😉
I could tell you but then I’d have to kill you pivot
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]