If you are new to FlameFans, here is the forum to introduce yourself and learn the ropes of how this community operates. We'll also get you up to speed on the ground rules.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Rockthejungle
Registration Days Posts
Though i have posted already i figure i better introduce myself :
RocktheJungle
LCA-1973-1980 (Graduated with Chancellor Jerry Falwell ,Jr.) Liberty 1981
Employment:Self (A healthy technologies business) I do business with pro athletes and teams
My cousins include former UVA basketball player and Head Coach Jeff Jones (Currently Head coach at American U) and Former University of Kentucky Star Patrick Sparks( I'm only mentioning them because LIberty has played both schools and man it hurt ..split loyalities)
Interest: Liberty Flames Basketball and Football ...well all things Liberty ...I'm the number 1 LUnatic ...
Most interesting moment : Spoke to Dwayne Carswell once and he said he would be interested in coaching at Liberty
Weak points: Typing ..i hate it ... :)
Last edited by Rockthejungle on May 4th, 2008, 10:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
RTJ, welcome to the board.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Howdy once again.

Your business intrigues me ... one of the aspects of my communications work could perhaps intersect with yours at some point.

Its always good to have another person who appreciates the unparalleled value of a spoonful of Graeters or a bite of a Skyline/Gold Star/Empress coney. None of which I can enjoy here in Texas. But the TexMex fills the gap rather nicely. :wink:

BTW don't be offended when you are called an Old Hag. Its a badge of honor around here.
By Rockthejungle
Registration Days Posts
Sorry Sly ...I have to ask but are you a broadcaster ?
And by the way you have made me hungry ..i might have to grab Skyline for breakfast .... :)
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Yeah, I'm a recovering sportscaster. I still freelance for a television station here in Houston and I do radio work for the ESPN radio station here as well. But it is my communications consulting I was referring to more directly.
By Rockthejungle
Registration Days Posts
This is little insight into my business.
My company eliminates the MRSA bacteria (staph superbug) on high school and college campuses and in some pro locker rooms without the use of chemicals.The MRSA bacteria I'm sure you know can be very deadly.
Athletes from the pro teams i do business with like to have the same technology in there homes. With the millions they make they want to make sure they stay healthy.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Very cool business in light of current fears.
By Rockthejungle
Registration Days Posts
I will admit Liberty is frustrating me. I'm trying to get the school to see the benefits of using my technology but to no avail.
By RagingTireFire
Registration Days Posts
Rockthejungle wrote:I will admit Liberty is frustrating me. I'm trying to get the school to see the benefits of using my technology but to no avail.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that's because what you're selling is a scam. Any company that claims it can eliminate MRSA is unequivocally lying.
By Rockthejungle
Registration Days Posts
RagingTireFire wrote:
Rockthejungle wrote:I will admit Liberty is frustrating me. I'm trying to get the school to see the benefits of using my technology but to no avail.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that's because what you're selling is a scam. Any company that claims it can eliminate MRSA is unequivocally lying.
What ???Do you know me ?Know you don't ....if you did you would know i don't beleve in scams ...the school is to important to me ..it seems like you have anger issues ...there's an old saying i go by ...it's better to be thought a fool then to open your mouth and prove it ....you should follow that advice sometime ...and i say all this in Christian Love ..
By Knucklehead
Registration Days Posts
If you don't use chemicals, what do you use Voodoo incantations? JK
By RagingTireFire
Registration Days Posts
I could care less whether you believe in scams. I say it because I actually know something about MRSA. MRSA is not a superbug. MRSA is standard everyday bacteria that is quite literally everywhere. MRSA is on your food, it's on your skin and it's on my keyboard as I type this. Any company that says they can eliminate MRSA is either deliberately misleading their clientele or is simply ignorant of the facts. MRSA only causes a problem when it enters open wounds on the skin. The best defenses against MRSA have been and will always be showering regulary and treating cuts and scrapes when they occur. Pretty much anything beyond that is a waste of time and money. It's a scam.

And i say all this in Christian Love.
By RagingTireFire
Registration Days Posts
Yeah, it's my favorite thing.

Well, there's a couple of problems with your scientific studies -- besides the fact that they have the word 'brochure' in the url link and the summaries were written by a guy who works for your company.

The first one has to do with aireborne bacteria which has absolutely nothing to do with MRSA. Scratch that one.

The second one merely makes the claim that your machine reduced bacteria population by 90% over 24 hours. That seems impressive except that the study was done in a locked stainless steel cabinet which, of course, is designed to give the bacteria nothing to feed on. Additionally, the average lifespan of the MRSA bacterium is also only 30 minutes! Of course, the population was reduced by 90%! It was dying of old age.

You can keep throwing stuff out here but the difference between us is that every bit of information you've brought is predicated around you selling something. Mine is based on personal experience with MRSA and its actual effects as it pertains to a large group of athletes.
By Rockthejungle
Registration Days Posts
RagingTireFire wrote:Yeah, it's my favorite thing.

Well, there's a couple of problems with your scientific studies -- besides the fact that they have the word 'brochure' in the url link and the summaries were written by a guy who works for your company.

The first one has to do with aireborne bacteria which has absolutely nothing to do with MRSA. Scratch that one.

The second one merely makes the claim that your machine reduced bacteria population by 90% over 24 hours. That seems impressive except that the study was done in a locked stainless steel cabinet which, of course, is designed to give the bacteria nothing to feed on. Additionally, the average lifespan of the MRSA bacterium is also only 30 minutes! Of course, the population was reduced by 90%! It was dying of old age.

You can keep throwing stuff out here but the difference between us is that every bit of information you've brought is predicated around you selling something. Mine is based on personal experience with MRSA and its actual effects as it pertains to a large group of athletes.
I'm going to answer you one last time ...your boring me ....Liberty Christian Academy who i hold in high esteem since i went there for 8 years has my products which i donated ...guess what ???Are you ready???They have not reported any staph infection to me and the products were used in there locker rooms ...so you need to learn more about the subject before you shoot off at the mouth.
By RagingTireFire
Registration Days Posts
Rockthejungle wrote: I'm going to answer you one last time ...your boring me ....Liberty Christian Academy who i hold in high esteem since i went there for 8 years has my products which i donated ...guess what ???Are you ready???They have not reported any staph infection to me and the products were used in there locker rooms ...so you need to learn more about the subject before you shoot off at the mouth.
Congratulations on your donation but that doesn't prove anything and you haven't answered anything. I'm sure they also take showers at LCA. I bet they treat open cuts at LCA, too.

As for learning more about the subject, I worked in the athletic department at Pitt for two years. I know a little bit about MRSA. The subject came up a few times.

I'm not saying that your products are completely useless but if you, your company or anyone else says they can eliminate MRSA in a locker room, you're either lying or misinformed. Furthermore, even if you could kill off every single MRSA bacterium in a given area, the next person that walked into the room would be bringing it right back in again. For these purposes, your product is no more useful than a $4 can of Lysol -- which I'm sure they also use at LCA.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
Homer Simpson: Not a bear in sight. The Bear Patrol must be working like a charm.
Lisa Simpson: That’s specious reasoning, Dad.
Homer: Thank you, dear.
Lisa: By your logic I could claim that this rock keeps tigers away.
Homer: Oh, how does it work?
Lisa: It doesn’t work.
Homer: Uh-huh.
Lisa: It’s just a stupid rock.
Homer: Uh-huh.
Lisa: But I don’t see any tigers around, do you?

Homer: Lisa, I want to buy your rock.
By blwall1416
Registration Days Posts
RagingTireFire wrote:The best defenses...have been and will always be showering regularly...
So that's what I need to do....I knew there was something I was missing...
By Rockthejungle
Registration Days Posts
RagingTireFire wrote:
Rockthejungle wrote: I'm going to answer you one last time ...your boring me ....Liberty Christian Academy who i hold in high esteem since i went there for 8 years has my products which i donated ...guess what ???Are you ready???They have not reported any staph infection to me and the products were used in there locker rooms ...so you need to learn more about the subject before you shoot off at the mouth.
Congratulations on your donation but that doesn't prove anything and you haven't answered anything. I'm sure they also take showers at LCA. I bet they treat open cuts at LCA, too.

As for learning more about the subject, I worked in the athletic department at Pitt for two years. I know a little bit about MRSA. The subject came up a few times.

I'm not saying that your products are completely useless but if you, your company or anyone else says they can eliminate MRSA in a locker room, you're either lying or misinformed. Furthermore, even if you could kill off every single MRSA bacterium in a given area, the next person that walked into the room would be bringing it right back in again. For these purposes, your product is no more useful than a $4 can of Lysol -- which I'm sure they also use at LCA.
One of my biggest clients which happens to be a major sports franchise have not reported any cases of staph either ...and they have used my products in the locker rooms for two years. I wouldn't be so quick to judge something that is proving to work.
And not to mention NASA ..they use our products in there space shuttle program...and were even featured on there website.

HMMMMM and there is even more on this ...

By RagingTireFire
Registration Days Posts
Rockthejungle wrote: One of my biggest clients which happens to be a major sports franchise have not reported any cases of staph either ...and they have used my products in the locker rooms for two years. I wouldn't be so quick to judge something that is proving to work.
And not to mention NASA ..they use our products in there space shuttle program...and were even featured on there website.

HMMMMM and there is even more on this ...

Again, this proves nothing other than a clear dedication to marketing. Much like LCA, I'm sure that the members of your major sports franchise also shower regularly, treat open wounds and clean their equipment periodically. As for your video "evidence", the first clip has nothing to do with MRSA and the second is an infomercial made BY YOUR COMPANY!

Additionally, the only reference to EcoQuest on NASA's website is a reference to an educational kit that teaches children about the rain forest.

I'll say it again, the best defense against MRSA is soap and water, Band-aids and simple antibiotic ointment -- all of which cost significantly less than your product.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
Question for RTF: I have never treated an open wound in my life (except for the 1 time I needed stitches) and I rarely if ever use band-aides. If MRSA is on everything, does this mean I'm superhuman?
By RagingTireFire
Registration Days Posts
"Open wound" means nothing more than a break in the skin -- even a simple scratch can be referred to as an open wound. Obviously, the larger the break the better the chance of infection. By and large, the human immune system is enough to defeat most of the millions of strains of bacteria, including most strains of MRSA. However, given that there are so many strains, there is a chance that not all encountered bacteria strains will be defeated and it can settle into the wound and create an infection. Washing and treating are not strictly necessary but are a very good -- and cheap -- precaution.

Since we're on this topic still and someone is still tossing out "evidence", a quick Google search of "ecoQuest International" tuns up numerous hits from other sites including ripoffreport.com and scam.com along with a cease and desist letter from the American Wind Energy Association. A little further digging turns up a lawsuit from the Federal Trade Commission in regard to "false or deceptive advertising".

SCAM!!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Where is Medic when we need him? Please come off the firing range & the obstacle course and chime in on this. :medic
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]