If you are new to FlameFans, here is the forum to introduce yourself and learn the ropes of how this community operates. We'll also get you up to speed on the ground rules.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
Announcing FlameFans.com Mobile!

With the amount of travel required in the world of sports (not to mention the upcoming holiday travel), I decided it would be nice to have a low-bandwidth mobile-optimized version of FlameFans.com. I think I've been successful in creating that and am pleased to announce that it is now available at the following URL:

<a href="http://m.flamefans.com/">http://m.flamefans.com/</a>

There may be some bugs left to work out, and hopefully it won't take out the main site completely. We'll see. :D In the meantime, if you do encounter a bug, feel free to send me a PM or an email at webmaster@flamefans.com. Enjoy!

Update: I've also added the ability for the main site to auto-detect mobile device browsers and redirect them over to the mobile site. So, for most people, just entering "flamefans.com" in your mobile browser's address bar will be enough to get you to the mobile site. If your mobile device isn't auto-detected, you can use the mobile address listed above to access the site.
Last edited by El Scorcho on December 7th, 2007, 5:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
By JDUB
Registration Days Posts
sweet! now if only i had internet on my phone..
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
I was having withdrawals withoug this board for that little while.
By Knucklehead
Registration Days Posts
this is to cool I'm posting from my Treo
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
man, I'm using this site for my everyday use. None of that jazz you might call "graphics", or "color".
By Fumblerooskies
Registration Days Posts
Sweet...
...I can now post while driving.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
Very nice Scorchy!!!!!!!!!!
By Knucklehead
Registration Days Posts
look I can even post from the bathroom
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I can do that with the laptop.
By RagingTireFire
Registration Days Posts
I just puked all over my phone.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I'm anxious to check this out on my Blackberry when I get stateside. Its tough to navigate the normal site on a mobile.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
While I admit I miss the logo at the top, this site operates probably 300-500 percent faster than before on my handheld.

Bigtime ups to El Scorcho for making this happen.
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
Thanks, Sly. There are a couple of tiny things I have left to fix with the mobile site, but my vacation doesn't start until Monday so it'll have to wait until then.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
It posted from my Blackberry but gave me an error message. I'm guessing that's what you are referring to in your reply. Thanks again for all the hard work.
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:It posted from my Blackberry but gave me an error message. I'm guessing that's what you are referring to in your reply. Thanks again for all the hard work.
That and the size of the text box you're given to type replies/posts in. It's too small. The error when posting should be fixed now.

Edit: And now the missing images should be fixed, along with the size of the text box you have for posting and replying.

If anyone finds anything else that needs to be fixed, lemme know.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
El Scorcho wrote: If anyone finds anything else that needs to be fixed, lemme know.
uh, yeah-

I never got that free Blackberry you promised me so I could use this new thingama-jig you invented.

Please resend it, thanks
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Picturing Medic checking FF in the back of an ambulance on his blackberry. :medic
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
or while driving.

either way is quite possible
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
im surprised he knows what a blackberry is! :wink:
By JDUB
Registration Days Posts
i saw an ambulance the other day with a dude in the front on a laptop and thought of medic rushing someone to the hospital and reading FF at the same time
By DeathCab4LU
Registration Days Posts
I just want to say that I love this lol it gives me something to do in class...lol
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
no kidding this got me through a banquet during the Clemson game...it was so clutch Curry couldnt touch it
By JDUB
Registration Days Posts
Hold My Own wrote:...it was so clutch Curry couldnt touch it
booo
By DeathCab4LU
Registration Days Posts
Hold My Own wrote:no kidding this got me through a banquet during the Clemson game...it was so clutch Curry couldnt touch it
haha
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
You're welcome.

Actually, the mobile site is the biggest challenge in upgrading this board right now. I had to do so many modifications to get the mobile site working that now upgrading is a serious pain.

Woe is me. :lol:
Election 2022 and 2024

Then he went on to win 49 out of 50 states.

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]