If you are new to FlameFans, here is the forum to introduce yourself and learn the ropes of how this community operates. We'll also get you up to speed on the ground rules.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

After looking around the separate pages on this site, I notice that an overwhelming majority of the posters here are male. Given that half of Liberty's student body are female, I am curious to know if there is a specific reason for the lack of female participation.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Jake is right...going back to the days of the LUnatics, there was one girl actively involved...maybe two...Jon can explain at greater length but finding a girl that is really into sports is like trying to find (to borrow a cliche) a needle in a very large haystack
Based on my reading of the last couple of days, sports may be the front door to the place but there seems to be much more involvement and discussion in the non-sports themes regarding local and university-wide issues. That's why I'm surprised there aren't more female voices present.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
most women are too intelligent to bother with the idiocy that goes on around here.

you could randomly ask any one of our wives and after they get done rolling their eyes they would confirm

we're a bunch of tools
PAmedic wrote:most women are too intelligent to bother with the idiocy that goes on around here.

you could randomly ask any one of our wives and after they get done rolling their eyes they would confirm

we're a bunch of tools
yup. And they get sick of us crying while screaming "WHY GOD, WHY!"
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:Flames1971? SJ used to be pretty rough on her like she was his little brat sister.
Really? I knew she was in high school so I'm pretty sure I blocked her. I'll call people out for being dumb, but 16-year-old girls can't help it.
By BCXtreme
Hey everybody, I’m new here so I thought I’d give a brief introduction. I’m a current undergrad junior at LU, studying Business Management Information Systems (yes, it’s a mouthful). I’ve been lurking around here for weeks, mostly following the realignment discussion for insights. In general, I support LU and tend toward a “glass half-full” attitude; however, in recent months I have been frustrated with what I see as an inability of the general population to separate modern-day LU from the perennially-condemned, early/original (1950s-1970s) attitudes of Jerry Falwell Sr. Likewise, I am frustrated that LU has not yet been able to prove itself above these people’s reproach. I’m convinced that LU is at a crossroads, and I think the events, changes, and advancements of the next couple of years are going to determine its ultimate fate. So I guess what I’m trying to say is, I’m in LU’s corner for the time being, but my continued presence there is dependent on whether they can actually “get over the hump” and become what they are trying to become. I spend a lot of time gathering and analyzing information on related goals (campus rebuilding, FBS reclassification, academic advancement, etc.). I hope I am able to contribute something worthwhile to the discussion on this forum.
By BCXtreme
jcmanson wrote:Welcome to the board! :welcome
PAmedic wrote:welcome aboard. we generally try to avoid intelligent discussion around here... preferring to fight with each other and speculate wildly.
Thanks guys! Yeah, I picked up on some of that "wild speculation" in a few places, haha. :P
By VarsityLu
'98 aLUmni here. I am an Ohio native working in the field of education. I married a cutie I met in Lynchburg and we have had a wonderful life together raising our kids in Buckeye country. She's from Ohio, too, which is weird since we met in VA.

I've been reading the boards for a while and finally created an account. I was part of the track team at LU back in the day and am pleased that some of the other programs have finally caught up to the level of excellence that Tolsma has been fielding for years (that's kind of a joke, but not really). I have not yet caught a game at the Bill or the new baseball field, but hope to soon.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
As a fellow Ohio native, I also welcome you to the board as well. I strongly encourage you planning a trip back to Homecoming this coming fall. The difference between the football experience when we were ins chool and today is night & day from the fan experience perspective.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]