If you are new to FlameFans, here is the forum to introduce yourself and learn the ropes of how this community operates. We'll also get you up to speed on the ground rules.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
Hey everyone,

My name is Scott. My handle on here is "Yacht Rock" for my love of smooth 80s and 70s music. The kind you might listen to while on a yacht.

My family and I are relocating to the Lynchburg area next summer. I am currently a sophomore at Liberty University Online's Business Management program with a focus in Project Management.

I work full time in management for a technology company and have a beautiful wife and two wonderful children and look forward to catching some LU football games when we arrive.

Thanks!

Scott
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Yacht Rock wrote:Hey everyone,

My name is Scott. My handle on here is "Yacht Rock" for my love of smooth 80s and 70s music. The kind you might listen to while on a yacht.

My family and I are relocating to the Lynchburg area next summer. I am currently a sophomore at Liberty University Online's Business Management program with a focus in Project Management.

I work full time in management for a technology company and have a beautiful wife and two wonderful children and look forward to catching some LU football games when we arrive.

Thanks!

Scott
You mean the kind Tommy Lee and Pamela Anderson listened too? :D
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
Yacht Rock wrote:Hey everyone,

Thanks!

Scott
You mean the kind Tommy Lee and Pamela Anderson listened too? :D
What can you say? The man knew how to drive a boat.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Yacht Rock wrote:Wow...how did this detour so quickly...speechless
Haize, Adam and I all have our minds in the gutter. Just ignore us. Plus we go off topic fairly frequently.
By CajunFlame
Registration Days Posts
Hey guys. 11 year(and counting) Army NCO from Southern Louisiana but living near Ft. Bragg and going to LUOnline. Spent a semester at LSU between deployments but now have found a place with Liberty. I have had quite a fun time getting caught up with Flames news and spent the last 3 hours viewing this site before actually deciding to post an intro. I am very excited about the future of the Flames football team and became a Turner Gill fan while he was getting turned down by Auburn(Second biggest mistake they ever made, second only to buying a National Championship.) I am looking forward to,dare I say it, an FBS invite and the ability to root for Liberty on a national level with these ACC punks that I deal with on a day-to-day basis.

With all that said, hi all! I look forward to some spirited discussions for this offseason, and am enjoying the recruiting updates posted by SLY! Keep'em coming. Thanks.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Welcome to the board, CajunFlame!

My first reaction to your post is wondering where near Fort Bragg you could possibly score decent andouielle much less boudin. One of my favorite things about Houston is quick access to the Atchafalaya Basin and quality Cajun/Creole. I can't imagine how tough it must be to serving in posts without quality etouffee nearby.
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
CajunFlame wrote:Hey guys. 11 year(and counting) Army NCO from Southern Louisiana but living near Ft. Bragg and going to LUOnline. Spent a semester at LSU between deployments but now have found a place with Liberty. I have had quite a fun time getting caught up with Flames news and spent the last 3 hours viewing this site before actually deciding to post an intro. I am very excited about the future of the Flames football team and became a Turner Gill fan while he was getting turned down by Auburn(Second biggest mistake they ever made, second only to buying a National Championship.) I am looking forward to,dare I say it, an FBS invite and the ability to root for Liberty on a national level with these ACC punks that I deal with on a day-to-day basis.

With all that said, hi all! I look forward to some spirited discussions for this offseason, and am enjoying the recruiting updates posted by SLY! Keep'em coming. Thanks.
Welcome to FlameFans!
By CajunFlame
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Welcome to the board, CajunFlame!

My first reaction to your post is wondering where near Fort Bragg you could possibly score decent andouielle much less boudin. One of my favorite things about Houston is quick access to the Atchafalaya Basin and quality Cajun/Creole. I can't imagine how tough it must be to serving in posts without quality etouffee nearby.
Sly, the answer to your question is......NO WHERE! I have been here for almost 4 years now and have tried every place claiming to have Louisiana/cajun andouille sausage and have been disappointed with every single one of them. Apparently, in North Carolina, andouille sausage consists of copious amounts of pepper in sausage casing. I get mine sent in from Lafayette, New Orleans, or Lake Charles. It is a requirement to have actual Louisiana andouille sausage in my gumbo. Also, the seafood is a bit lacking even on the Outer Banks. It is one of the many sacrifices I have to make for my country I guess. Thanks for the welcome, and know, I am a huge fan of Texas BBQ, not this NC stuff. Stubbs in Austin is my favorite restaurant on earth!

Geaux Flames
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
That last post earns you preferred status on the board as far as I am concerned. Lafayette is the epicenter of all things Cajun. I know they are touristy, but Prejeans & Blue Dog Cafe are two of my favorite places to eat on the planet.

As for Austin, my appreciation for Central Texas barbecue and the city as a whole is well-documented. The Salt Lick is at the top of my list. But the Carolinians on here believe it is isn't real bbq unless it is drenched in vinegar. I consider it a lack of exposure issue.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
My wife & I used eat their Sunday Gospel Brunch after church before we had kids and moved away from Austin. I stumbled across Russell Crowe and his band playing there one night after I got off work a few blocks away. It has certainly become an institution.
By CajunFlame
Registration Days Posts
I can see Sly and I will get along nicely!

lived in Lafayette for some time and Prejeans' duck gumbo was a staple to my weekend meals. It is funny you mention Blue Dog Cafe because I have some very loose family affiliation with that place, but isn't the joke of the south that we are all related anyway. As far as Austin goes, I one day hope to make my home there as I have many aunts and cousins living in the area and the atmosphere is very much to my liking.

NC is not all bad, as Raleigh has that Austin feel to it. The BBQ is not Texas BBQ but I do enjoy the Pit in Raleigh which just brought in a new pitmaster and has become even better. Being from Louisiana I consider myself a 'foodie' so most of my enjoyment from a city comes from the food and that is how I usually rate it. New Orleans and Lafayette rank really high on that list. I just think Louisiana knows how food should be created.

As far as the Flames go, I am close enough that I can make a few games through the year if my schedule would allow it. Thanks for making me feel welcomed and I look forward to continuing our conversation here.
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
Does LU still have a rep at Ft. Bragg? I used to work in the Military Dept for LU Online and we had an actual phycial presence at the fort with two full-time employees. I would have been the guy creating and managing your SOC agreement.
By CajunFlame
Registration Days Posts
@ALUmnus - There is still a rep there, although I have not been there as of yet. I only found out about the rep when I googled Liberty and the maps had a location on Bragg. I investigated and that is how I was told of the rep. There is quite the Liberty presence out here.

I also want to state that as far as online schools go, Liberty has to be one of the more difficult schools. A lot of co-workers are in school at AMU(American Military U), St Leo, Pheonix, etc. and their classes are a joke compared to what LUO demands. Having studied both resident and online at other schools, I can say both LUO and Liberty proper offer a quality education, contrary to Bill Maher's belief. I have great pride in where I am studying right now.

Sorry, just wanted to vent to like minded people!
By scflames
Registration Days Posts
Hi! I am from South Carolina. I graduated from Liberty University in 2012. I am married and I have three beautiful girls. I am a proud supporter of the Liberty Flames. I am proud of the baseball team for beating the Gamecocks this past Sunday. Since I live in this state I realize how big the is for the program.
By natedawg
Registration Days
Hi Guys!
My name is Nathan. I'm an LU grad of 2009 and have been stalking this forum for a while but figured I might as well join and contribute to the discussion!
I live here in Lynchburg currently but will be getting married in June and am moving up to Charlottesville! Looking forward to being on here!
Hello all,
I graduated from LU in 2007. I was led here after seeing BJ constantly perusing the site at the campus radio station. So I've been about a 6 year visitor, finally deciding to make the leap and register once realizing that I wanted to share this unique time with others. I work over at the LUO call center (come on sears!) and it's so exciting to see how God is working through the university, witnessing first hand in our division the growth with which he has blessed us. I look forward to getting to share in this wonderful experience of our school being transformed like no other time in our history, and look forward to finally interacting with many of you.
carolinaflames wrote:Hello all,
I graduated from LU in 2007. I was led here after seeing BJ constantly perusing the site at the campus radio station. So I've been about a 6 year visitor, finally deciding to make the leap and register once realizing that I wanted to share this unique time with others. I work over at the LUO call center (come on sears!) and it's so exciting to see how God is working through the university, witnessing first hand in our division the growth with which he has blessed us. I look forward to getting to share in this wonderful experience of our school being transformed like no other time in our history, and look forward to finally interacting with many of you.
Welcome!
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]