If you are new to FlameFans, here is the forum to introduce yourself and learn the ropes of how this community operates. We'll also get you up to speed on the ground rules.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Curtisc83
Registration Days Posts
JakeP50 wrote:
Sly Fox wrote:That's what I keep telling these people. I was th same way until I moved down here and witnessed why the state pride in Texas dwarfs every other state.
http://images.sneakernews.com/wp-conten ... ion-01.jpg
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/ter ... 092113.jpg
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/ter ... 092113.jpg
These and all the useless crap I (most Marylanders) know about this state beg to differ.
:lol: Yeah......Texas has a different kind of pride. :lol:
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
which is understandable if you're actually FROM Texas

not a transplant. like the dude actually from Ohio, but also claims nearly every other town mentioned by everyone that ever posts on here.

that would be what we in the great northeast call a "violation"

be proud of where you're actually FROM
By Curtisc83
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:which is understandable if you're actually FROM Texas

not a transplant. like the dude actually from Ohio, but also claims nearly every other town mentioned by everyone that ever posts on here.

that would be what we in the great northeast call a "violation"

be proud of where you're actually FROM
Who's from Ohio?
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I lived in Ohio as a kid as well as in Tennessee, Florida, Michigan & Illinois. That happens when you are a preacher's kid.

I came to Texas 24 years ago shortly after graduating and wish I had arrived sooner. But I was under the false impression that living in cold & misery was adequate. I'm glad so many in B1G country haven't seen the light or it would get overcrowded down here in a hurry. Let them live in the dark so we can keep the cost of living low.

Why do I suddenly feel like I should start using my initials all of sudden? I still love you, BJ.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Curtisc83 wrote:Who's from Ohio?
I grew up in a small Ohio River town, but I was on the other side of the river in WV. Also attended and taught at Marshall University, which was located in the tri-state region of WV-OH-KY.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
Curtisc83 wrote:I'm on my iPad so writing a long story about myself isn't going to happen :P My name is Chris Curtis and I just graduated in 2013 from LU's MAML program. Right now I'm in Afghanistan but Georgetown, TX is where my wife and I live. I'm a OIF Vet and was a US Army Paratrooper. Here is my LinkedIn http://www.linkedin.com/in/curtisc83 if anyone is interested in a more detailed backstory.

Before I attended grad school at LU I didn't care about college sports. I'm from the Austin Metro area so that's pretty odd. I just felt like I shouldn't root for a team I had zero connection with. Now I'm an LU fan, which isn't a easy thing to be during basketball season....I chortle audibly..
Welcome to the board Curtis!
By EL_YU
Registration Days Posts
My name is Troy Moore and I'm currently a sophomore at LU. I'm from Lebanon, in southwest VA.

Near the end of last school year I contemplated becoming a journalism major and pursuing sportswriting, so I contacted Jon to see if Flames Nation had any jobs to get some experience. After negotiating a hefty contract, we finally settled on a figure and I've been posting ever since. I've had a lot of fun with it, so I'll probably stick around a little while. I'm pretty new to Liberty sports so I'm learning as I go.

I'm a huge believer in efficiency statistics and love KenPom.com. I reference Pomeroy's measurements pretty often in my posts.

My dad went to UVA so I grew up going to Charlottesville, and became a huge UVA fan. I still root for them quite a bit, which hasn't really been a problem, but hopefully one day Liberty will be at a level where I'll have to prioritize my Flames. My other teams are: NFL(my favorite pro sport)-Packers NBA-Bobcats MLB- Cincy AND Atl when they don't conflict, and FIFA- ManCity.

I've been on FlamesFans since the summer before coming to Liberty, but just recently created an account and started posting when Fans and Nation merged.

That should cover it for now I think.
By EL_YU
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Very impressed with your writing Troy. you gonna be in Williams for spring ball?
Yes, I'll probably try to stop by one of the open practices every week and check things out.
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
I've got a break from work, so I thought it might be time to reveal myself. You'll have to guess though. Here are two hints.

1. I was pretty active on this forum a couple of years ago, under a different name of course. Most of everything that I posted was just simply trolling. Not proud of it really.

2. I'm NOT actually a Florida fan. Basically, everything I've ever said about Florida is actually true about Virginia Tech. I just threw Florida in there to protect my identity, which needed protecting at the time.
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
VAGolf wrote:
ATrain wrote:Libertine?

Not quite. Two more hints, and after this next guess, I'll just reveal it ha.

I'm pretty sure PH despised my former self.

I was right about Tebow
logic?
hahaha, lord No. I don't think I was ever that bad.

Anyways, I am cjsweat 8)
Were you the guy trying to run polls in Roanoke and a home school soccer all American? If so, yeah you were an idiot. If not, you probably still were an idiot and have grown and matured to realize that I am always right! :)
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]