If you are new to FlameFans, here is the forum to introduce yourself and learn the ropes of how this community operates. We'll also get you up to speed on the ground rules.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:As a fellow Ohio native, I also welcome you to the board as well. I strongly encourage you planning a trip back to Homecoming this coming fall. The difference between the football experience when we were ins chool and today is night & day from the fan experience perspective.
What State DONT you claim?

And Welcome Varsity
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
VarsityLu wrote:That's VarsityLu, but, you know, whatever.
You are what we call you! SLY and BJ are the only 2 Diva's here. They won't tolerate more!
Girl please, I could out-diva anyone on this board if I chose too.

Anyway, trying this again, welcome VarsityLu
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
I've seen a lot of "no new posters" posts recently. Here's a few stats for you regarding that:

We have had 115 members log in to their account since January 1st.
Of those 115, 16 joined the board in 2014, and 1 joined in 2015.

These are just members that are logged in and don't include those who are just lurking as guests.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
I'm taking it easy. I also know when people continually make the same joke, it becomes a fact over time. Plus, I wanted to look up this information myself, it is good to know.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I think this board is great during football season. Sure, there aren't many of the old posters around anymore but people care about football and the posts reflect that. After football season is a whole other story.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
jcmanson wrote:I've seen a lot of "no new posters" posts recently. Here's a few stats for you regarding that:

We have had 115 members log in to their account since January 1st.
Of those 115, 16 joined the board in 2014, and 1 joined in 2015.

These are just members that are logged in and don't include those who are just lurking as guests.
Are you able to look at the same numbers for previous years? It would be interesting to see how much the traffic has varied during the same time periods over the past 9 years (or however long the site has been up and running).
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
jcmanson wrote:I've got stats going back to November 2006. It will take some time to put together though.
If it's much work, don't even worry about it. I thought it might have been something that could be easily put together.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
We also had more volleyball parents involved at one time. Kallie's, Nicki's and Chelaine's come to mind. Since they've graduated, and since other student athletes have graduated, it seems the parents simply move on.
By Yoseph
Shalom,

I'm a long time sporadic lurker, so I decided to make it official. BS Religion and MDiv grad. I lived in Lynchburg for about a decade, but moved back to the Midwest recently to take a pastorate. I taught as an adjunct on campus and still teach online, so this is a great way to stay more connected to what is happening on campus. In other words, I come here to get all the info that doesn't flow through the official communications.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
Yoseph wrote:Shalom,

I'm a long time sporadic lurker, so I decided to make it official. BS Religion and MDiv grad. I lived in Lynchburg for about a decade, but moved back to the Midwest recently to take a pastorate. I taught as an adjunct on campus and still teach online, so this is a great way to stay more connected to what is happening on campus. In other words, I come here to get all the info that doesn't flow through the official communications.
Welcome to the board! :welcome
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Yoseph wrote:Shalom,

:welcome
Where in the mid west

Just remember that fine academic institution, Loui[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

Aaron Judge is killing me right now. That's[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

If Cleveland isn't in gym everyday working on addi[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

https://twitter.com/ChrisVannini/status/1782[…]