If you are new to FlameFans, here is the forum to introduce yourself and learn the ropes of how this community operates. We'll also get you up to speed on the ground rules.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:Were you the guy trying to run polls in Roanoke and a home school soccer all American? If so, yeah you were an idiot. If not, you probably still were an idiot and have grown and matured to realize that I am always right! :)

Haha, I did run polls in Roanoke, for a year. Why I chose to brag about that is beyond me. But yeah, sarcasm aside, my former self had some pretty stupid moments. Heck, my current self still has some stupid moments!

Well, now that it's out of the bag, here's my introduction.

Currently, I'm finishing up my degree from Liberty, expected to graduate in this Summer. I work for Atlantic Bay Mortgage Group, and I'll be moving to Richmond there in May after I obtain my mortgage license. I spend most of my free time watching re-runs of the 1992 super bowl (go Redskins!)

Also, I've spent the past three years as Sparky.
VAGolf wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:Were you the guy trying to run polls in Roanoke and a home school soccer all American? If so, yeah you were an idiot. If not, you probably still were an idiot and have grown and matured to realize that I am always right! :)

Haha, I did run polls in Roanoke, for a year. Why I chose to brag about that is beyond me. But yeah, sarcasm aside, my former self had some pretty stupid moments. Heck, my current self still has some stupid moments!

Well, now that it's out of the bag, here's my introduction.

Currently, I'm finishing up my degree from Liberty, expected to graduate in this Summer. I work for Atlantic Bay Mortgage Group, and I'll be moving to Richmond there in May after I obtain my mortgage license. I spend most of my free time watching re-runs of the 1992 super bowl (go Redskins!)

Also, I've spent the past three years as Sparky.
Had I known that I'd have gone to more games........and punched you in the beak :D
Glad you're back. Welcome to maturity. :mrgreen:
flamehunter wrote:I bet you got really Sweaty in that thing...
You. have. no. idea. And unlike regular jerseys, you can't just throw Sparky in the wash. Nothing but Lysol & Febreeze to counter the BO (bird odor) in that thing.

It was a fun experience, but would definitely have to be paid to do it again.

- A fellow Sparky retiree 8)
Wilberforce91 wrote:
You. have. no. idea. And unlike regular jerseys, you can't just throw Sparky in the wash. Nothing but Lysol & Febreeze to counter the BO (bird odor) in that thing.

I'm sure you guys were great. But there will only be one Sparky in my life! He is now a missionary btw.
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
Wilberforce91 wrote:

The new costume is actually washable :D But even then, you have to be really careful with it or you'll mess up the fur.

The most annoying thing is the helmet.

If you want to hear something really gross about that suit, when we go to tournaments, we have no way of washing in between games. So, the Sparky down in Myrtle will be wearing a suit tomorrow that hasn't been washed in probably 4 games!
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:I bet Medic would have fit perfectly in that costume. Of course, back then the mascot's name was LU (pronounced Lew). :oldhag
I'm going to be a butt but only because I've been going to games since I was born, however, I believe it was LUE, pronounced Lew. I believe that LUE stood for LU Eagle.

Am I right?
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
My roommate was the Eagle in 93 & 94. We used to make him keep the bird head in his trunk because it took a day to get the smell out of the apartment if he brought it in. I put that on my head once, only once.
I'll keep it brief. I am Jim Tunstall and I am an LU Online student pursuing a Master's degree in Criminial Justice. I had a brief stint in the military but now work in city government for a small town in North Carolina. My wife and I have two daughters, one of whom is approaching college age, and we are taking the opportunity this week to visit Liberty's campus for the first time. I must say that it is impressive! It is my hope that this forum will allow us to make a connection with other students like myself and perhaps, one day, other parents like myself as well. Thank you and God bless.
Jim Tunstall wrote:I'll keep it brief. I am Jim Tunstall and I am an LU Online student pursuing a Master's degree in Criminial Justice. I had a brief stint in the military but now work in city government for a small town in North Carolina. My wife and I have two daughters, one of whom is approaching college age, and we are taking the opportunity this week to visit Liberty's campus for the first time. I must say that it is impressive! It is my hope that this forum will allow us to make a connection with other students like myself and perhaps, one day, other parents like myself as well. Thank you and God bless.
Great. More cops. PAMedic will be thrilled
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]