If you are new to FlameFans, here is the forum to introduce yourself and learn the ropes of how this community operates. We'll also get you up to speed on the ground rules.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Veritas
Hi all. Long time lurker, first time poster. Midwestern native (and now a southern transplant) that graduated in 1997 with a B.S. in Administration of Justice. Formerly a high 5 resident on dorm circle, before becoming a commuter near the end of my studies. I went on to obtain a law degree and now do the paper shuffle weekdays for a multinational law firm. My hazy memories of LU include a packed out Vines Center for LU basketball games and deconstructing the rear chain over the tracks for the occasional Skyline Drive journey on Sunday morning, neither of which appears to be possible at the present time. I'm married with three homeschooled kids, all of whom enjoyed a visit to the Snowflex center last spring as a quasi college preview trip (on a related note, I know it has become a cliché, but it's mindboggling to see the changes that have occurred over the many years since I've had an opportunity to visit).

I very much appreciate the resource of this website, as in the early years after I graduated, I didn't have a sense there was much of a national audience or community for LU sports and other goings on. That's definitely changing and an increasing number of people I interact with are aware of LU's growing brand.
By bluejacket
Welcome!
By PalmettoFlame
Hello All! New to the Liberty family. I live in South Carolina and I am trying to complete my degree online. I am a current member of the SCARNG and a Veteran of OEF. Over my 9 years in the military, I heard nothing but great things about Liberty University and their support for our military. I have followed Liberty Athletics for a couple of years now and have become a fan over the course of that time (especially when Liberty knocked Clemson out of the regionals in baseball). Look forward to chatting with ya'll and learning more about Liberty athletics.
By Dalegarz1
Mathematics Professor from NJ. Coached football, basketball, baseball and softball at all levels, peewee through college. All 3 children are LU grads. Love the mission of LU and believe athletics provides an excellent forum to promote it. We should be excellent in everything we do!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Dalegarz1 wrote:Mathematics Professor from NJ. Coached football, basketball, baseball and softball at all levels, peewee through college. All 3 children are LU grads. Love the mission of LU and believe athletics provides an excellent forum to promote it. We should be excellent in everything we do!
The :flamingdevil says :welcome
By bluejacket
Dalegarz1 wrote:Mathematics Professor from NJ. Coached football, basketball, baseball and softball at all levels, peewee through college. All 3 children are LU grads. Love the mission of LU and believe athletics provides an excellent forum to promote it. We should be excellent in everything we do!
Welcome! :welcome
By Colbster757
Hi everyone,

I graduated in 2013 with a B. S. In Psychology. I was a resident at the infamous dorm 8. I grew up in Chesapeake,Va and graduated from Western Branch (Dre Bly is an alum, and I believe BJ is from the area, along with a long list of NFL starters).My father died when I was 10 and my mom and sisters (one a graduate of and another of Marshal...hint I really want CUSA) never really cheered for sports teams in general and neither of my parents graduated college. I became attached to Liberty athletics when I came here because I became part of the school. I soon became obsessed and knew a ridiculous amount of Liberty state that people would ask me things about our atheletics on my dorm (i.e. how many seats the vines had, what new logos were going to look like) I never understood VT fans or Cavs fans that never attended those schools. I read on this board and libertyflames.com literally every hour. I cannot wait for the day that we go FBS (and compete well). Since graduation I now work through a community service board, as a counselor at Highland Park Elementary. I now reside in Roanoke with my wife and 14 month son, expecting another in late December.

P.S. I used to post on here years ago until I was unable to access my liberty email.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Colbster757 wrote:Hi everyone,

I graduated in 2013 with a B. S. In Psychology. I was a resident at the infamous dorm 8. I grew up in Chesapeake,Va and graduated from Western Branch (Dre Bly is an alum, and I believe BJ is from the area, along with a long list of NFL starters).My father died when I was 10 and my mom and sisters (one a graduate of and another of Marshal...hint I really want CUSA) never really cheered for sports teams in general and neither of my parents graduated college. I became attached to Liberty athletics when I came here because I became part of the school. I soon became obsessed and knew a ridiculous amount of Liberty state that people would ask me things about our atheletics on my dorm (i.e. how many seats the vines had, what new logos were going to look like) I never understood VT fans or Cavs fans that never attended those schools. I read on this board and libertyflames.com literally every hour. I cannot wait for the day that we go FBS (and compete well). Since graduation I now work through a community service board, as a counselor at Highland Park Elementary. I now reside in Roanoke with my wife and 14 month son, expecting another in late December.

P.S. I used to post on here years ago until I was unable to access my liberty email.
The :flamingdevil welcomes you. And will pray for the soul of anyone associated with The Thundering Turd
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Colbster757 wrote:Graduate of ODU
You only have family ties to WV's JV School. There is hope for you
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Colbster757 wrote: one a graduate of and another of Marshal...hint I really want CUSA)
Marshall alum here, and that's where I got my first teaching experience in the early 1980s. If you have to go to college in WV, the one in Huntington is a wise choice. Go Herd! And welcome!!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:
Colbster757 wrote: one a graduate of and another of Marshal...hint I really want CUSA)
Marshall alum here, and that's where I got my first teaching experience in the early 1980s. If you have to go to college in WV, the one in Huntington is a wise choice. Go Herd! And welcome!!
I agree. With the cost of education nowadays it's a wise choice to get your basic courses out of the way at a Junior College before heading off to a real school like the one in Morgantown!
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Welcome to the board...PH and Cider routinely bust each others stones so expect more of the same whenever either WVU or Marshall is mentioned in a thread
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Hate to break it to you guys but nobody cares about west Virginia but I'd pick it any day of the week over texas! ;)
Speak for yourself

[youtube]
[/youtube]
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Hate to break it to you guys but nobody cares about west Virginia but I'd pick it any day of the week over texas! ;)
Umm, I am definitely not a fan of UT-Austin or the state, but I'm not even going to go so far as to pick WV over Texas.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]