If you are new to FlameFans, here is the forum to introduce yourself and learn the ropes of how this community operates. We'll also get you up to speed on the ground rules.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
JDub should have a new one tonight.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts

JDub at Casa De Fat Kid.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
We're really taking this concept to the limit, aren't we?

At least take your cap off before diving in, JDub.
By Fumblerooskies
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:We're really taking this concept to the limit, aren't we?
FlameFans are in the world...not OF the world...meaning....we don't get out much.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:We're really taking this concept to the limit, aren't we?

At least take your cap off before diving in, JDub.
We'd already gotten out and changed and all of that. I got the crap burnt out of my shoulders yesterday swimming then my face and forearms got toasted at my sister's graduation today.
By JDUB
Registration Days Posts
yeah, i was just strikin a pose. and that was gettin out, it was about an hour and 20 minutes away
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
South Padre Texas. Pic complements of MRS SCAR.

By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
Very nice....How was the trip dad!!!!!!!
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
givemethemic wrote:Very nice....How was the trip dad!!!!!!!

Still on the trip...I don't go anywhere without my computer though...Go on facebook later and see pix of a couple of my brothers-in-law and MRS SCAR on the laptops! Looks like a computer lab on the beach :lol: We should be back in the commonwealth late Wed night.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
You're in my territory and not a word to your man?

Let me know if you need directions or if you guys want suggestions for Matamoros.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
This state is so big that I figured I was a LONG way from you Sly. My brother in law lives in Dallas and I think they drove 10-12 hours to get here. I don't even count this as visiting Texas...BTW I had a Whataburger today. It is not fair to compare that place to Five Guys. What a Burger is more along the lines of Sonic. 5 Guys wins hands down IMO. There's a Whataburger on every corner though....Hoping to still get my Vegas Trip in later in the summer.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I'm about 6 hours north. At current gas prices I couldn't make a quick trip down to South Texas. But like Tally I used to live in South Texas in Corpus Christi where I made the Rio Grande Valley a regular destination.

Nobody ever said Whataburger was a gourmet hamburger stand. They are a McDonalds competitor. Now ask your brother-in-law about Braums up in Dallas. Those are top shelf. Whataburger began and is headquartered in Corpus so they are EVERYWHERE in South Texas.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts

I wore the Uconn shorts with the flamefans shirt so you could get the full LUconn effect.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
You have to tell those of us that are geographically and historically stunted, where you are Luconn...I like the Uconn shorts too. I may sport a similar outfit at the first tail gate but with Liberty shorts. Nice!
By The Rock
Registration Days Posts
My guess Mexico...Mayan Ruins?

PS. this is the greatest thing I have ever seen well other than PA and Uranus (but this one is real)
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I'm just hoping he had a different t-shirt in the bookbag.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Now that's what I am talking about, LUconn. The bar has been raised.

Did you hit Xcaret while you were down there?

As for Chichen Itza, just when you think that brutal bus ride isn't worth it you come to the ruins. They are awesome.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
serioulsy, just as I was beginning to think there were no unpopulated areas on earth, the bus ride there proves me wrong. 2 hours of just absolutely nothing to look at. But this is a place I've always wanted to go to. It was great. I had a great tour guide too which can make all the difference. And all of the Mayans selling their junk all over the place is awesome. I picked up so much stuff for well under a third of what the city gift shops were selling them for. After talking them down of course.
Last edited by LUconn on June 4th, 2007, 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
2 hours of just absolutely nothing to look at.
Isn't most of West TEXAS like that? :P
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
West Texas is like West Virginia ... the part of our region most of us pretend doesn't exist. :lol:

Great pic, LUconn.
By JDUB
Registration Days Posts
hahahaha thats great sly
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
The Rock wrote:My guess Mexico...Mayan Ruins?

PS. this is the greatest thing I have ever seen well other than PA and Uranus (but this one is real)
I take great offense to that.

all that work...
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:
The Rock wrote:My guess Mexico...Mayan Ruins?

I take great offense to that.

all that work...
I thought it was Venus anyway.
By TylerBakersGonnaBGreat
Registration Days Posts
I just got back from Florida, but i have no FF shirts but lots of pictures haha... I leave for philly tomorrow, then off to TX from there, so if i can get one tomorrow, i got you guys!
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]