If you are new to FlameFans, here is the forum to introduce yourself and learn the ropes of how this community operates. We'll also get you up to speed on the ground rules.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
I'm really regretting not getting a picture with Don Mattingley or Cal Ripkin with the shirt on....man...
By Fumblerooskies
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Well I have arrived in Abu Dhabi. Its quite a place but I'll post pics from here soon.

In the meantime, I did manage to take a pic or two in Doha, Qatar before my flight here to the Emirates.

To give you a better idea of how large the statue of the oyster & pearl are I took another shot right next to it. Take note of the dhows in the background that are still used as fishing boats and the skyline of the West Bay portion of Doha in the far background. In all likelihood, Doha will be hosting the 2016 Olympic Games and you'll hear a lot more about the place soon. Its a great town where English is the dominant language.

Abu Dhabi is fairly spectular scenery so hopefully I'll get my FF.com gear back on soon amidst my business and get some more on here.
At least now we know why Sly has been quiet...
...he's actually pretty much clammed up.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I finally leave the Middle East Late Tonight to return home on what will be a 34-hour Thursday for me. But before I left Abu Dhabi aI had to get at least one pic of me in FlameFans gear.

This is from the balcony of my hotel with the Emirates Palace in the background and the Persian Gulf on the horizon. I hope to get a shot of the huge mosque on the way to the airport tonight.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Just curious, Sly: have you washed your Flames Fan T-shirt since you've been over there? Because you sure do seem to be wearing it a lot! :P
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Yes, I washed it. I only wore it on my last day in Doha and I'm wearing it today for my trip back. I hope to get a shot in front of the unbelievable mosque and perhaps a shot in front of the Eiffel Tower in Paris on the trip home.
By Fumblerooskies
Registration Days Posts
FlameFans hit the "other" Burg this past weekend...
...hope you guys won't find this too fowl:
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
You've got that turkey surrounded ... nice.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
nice dockers. Was that the quizbowl team uniform?
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
better yet- do you guys have a shoe contract? How many pairs do you get? and do you have "game" and "practice" shoes?
By qkslvrsrfrboy
Registration Days Posts
Not Flame Fans specifically, but I didnt know where else to post this.

Tonight while watching the Cubs vs. Dodgers game, one of the random shots of the crowd there was a girl wearing a Liberty University Sweatshirt. It was just very random.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I can top that one in terms of seeing a Liberty shirt. This past weekend I went to Cross Fork, PA with my girlfriend's family. Saying this was in the middle of nowhere is an insult to the middle of nowhere. On Saturday, all the girls went to get ice cream, which was like 15 minutes away, still in the middle of nowhere. While there, she saw a Beat Coastal t-shirt.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
If we want to play that game, I’m in. My wife and I went to visit her Aunt in Delaware; they lived right down the street from University of Delaware. Anyways, we went to this big flea market type place in the middle of nowhere called Cowtown. One of the guys that had a stand set up had a Faith in the Furnace shirt on.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
My father wears Liberty shirts whenever he's out of town b/c he LOVES it when people stop him...when we were on a cruise he was stopped about once or twice a day...it gets annoying, he really is the wal-mart greeter of Liberty (per Jerry Falwell)
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
I picture him wearing an LU shirt so that he could randomly stop other people.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
yeah...he talks to everyone...so the whole stopping to talk to him or him talking to people can be easily interchanged
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
One of the kids on my son's swim team was wearing an LU hockey shirt to a meet two weekends ago. It turns out his parents are both LU alumni. Then I was wearing an LU shirt to practice this past week when one of the coaches came up to me to ask if I graduated from Liberty. It turns out his brother is on our soccer team. It truly is a very small world.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
I bet a hockey shirt really slows you down in the water.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
It was a tshirt and not a sweater. There is absolutely no need for the latter in Houston ... ever.

But I get the attempt at humor. Thanks for the attempt on a dreary day where I sit in the middle of a tornado watch while right in the middle of tornado alley.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Thanks for the attempt on a dreary day where I sit in the middle of a tornado watch while right in the middle of tornado alley.

Can you start a thread with some live reporting???? I'm really bored
By JDUB
Registration Days Posts
get a job
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Hold My Own wrote: Can you start a thread with some live reporting???? I'm really bored
At the first sight of a funnel cloud I'll be all over it.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Hold My Own wrote: I'm really bored
Are all the co-eds outside getting a tan for free this summer? 8)
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Wow, has HMO become the new punching bag of the board?
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
No kidding!!!!....and HEY we have a waiting list as of 12:48 FYI!!!!
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Hold My Own wrote:No kidding!!!!....and HEY we have a waiting list as of 12:48 FYI!!!!
Get a life
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]