If you are new to FlameFans, here is the forum to introduce yourself and learn the ropes of how this community operates. We'll also get you up to speed on the ground rules.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Ok, new people, this is for you. There are a few running jokes around here that the quicker you pick up on them, the more you'll enjoy your stay. There are also things you should be warned about.

1) PAmedic is short. Any and all jokes about that are allowed.
2) I'm fat. The same applies to me as it does Medic.
3) Scar's bald. No matter what he says about "shaving" his head - he's bald.
4) Any jokes about cartwheels are more than welcome. Our former basketball coach said that any other AD would be doing cartwheels with the success he had. That joke can be applied to anything.
5) If someone says you "GMTM'd" it means you spelled something wrong. He can't spell, and we corrected him so much that it turned into a verb.
6) Radford sucks.
7) Gregg Marshall's face is purple. Any reference to Barney, Purple Head, or anything else is gladly accepted.
8 ) Brokeback is Brokeback.
9) Never quote a full article. Sly Fox has a buzzer in his head that goes off when you do and he will edit it.
10) The word that starts with a p and ends in iss will always be changed to "ticked." It's sometimes fun to get around that.
11) TBGBGBGBGBGBGBGBG has a man-crush on Tyler Baker.
12) HMO is a fairy. Well, he looks like one.
13) If you post something in the wrong forum, Smoothie will come down on you with his impenetrable lock and close the thread.
14) If you EVER say something bad about the band, BJ will come running and tell you that Dr. Kerr welcomes opinions and will give you his e-mail address.
15) Presbyterian is the new kid on the block. Make fun of them and their Blue Hose as much as you'd like.
16) You will be made fun of. Take the jokes with a smile and know it's not personal.
17) If something is being changed on campus (monogram, FOC being built, etc), you are not allowed to come on here and say, "Man it looks great" without providing photographic proof.
18 ) We all know we'll never be as good as Samford.
19) Tailgating starts no later than 10am. We're working to change that to 9am.
20) If you say I-AA, or 1AA, Medic will jump you. Literally.
21) Any and all references to Big South Awards, whether they are pro-LU or not, must be accompanied by a post referring to how the Big South hates us.
22) It's fishwrap, not newspaper. No one knows why that caught on, it just did.
23) BJ stalking Hancock never gets old.

Anyone have anything else to add? If it's good, we'll add it to the list.
Last edited by SuperJon on June 22nd, 2007, 4:33 pm, edited 5 times in total.
By 01LUGrad
Registration Days Posts
This is the place to get any and all news on LU. Keep in mind that if the posters here get too close to blowing the lid off of some big news before it breaks, we get erie warnings from those in the know.

If there are any facility changes, pics are expected to be uploaded within the hour.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Thank you for the guide FATTY

love,

SHORTY
By Fumblerooskies
Registration Days Posts
Blue Hose?

Didn't Imus get in trouble for referencing that?
By JDUB
Registration Days Posts
naw, them hoes weren't blue, just nappy 8)
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
nicely done SJ :D
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
Sticky-ing this badboy.
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
14) If you EVER say something bad about the band, BJ will come running and tell you that Dr. Kerr welcomes opinions and will give you his e-mail address.
And don't tell him where you're going to be at any given moment. He'll be waiting in the bushes.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
TDDance234 wrote:
And don't tell him where you're going to be at any given moment. He'll be waiting in the bushes.
oh dear lord...this is going to start a new fight......I can't wait :D
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
SJ, you might want to add that we all concede that Samford is superior to LU in every way.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
There is a slight untruth to the list...I AM NOT BALD...I guess you can add that anywhere I see a reference to me being bald will immediately be followed by a disclaimer saying I am not bald. 8)
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
you know- now that I think about it, there should also be rule about me jumping on whomever uses the term DI-AA or DI-A and insisting they switch to FCS or FBS :D
By Fumblerooskies
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:you know- now that I think about it, there should also be rule about me jumping on whomever uses the term DI-AA or DI-A and insisting they switch to FCS or FBS :D
Kool Aid drinker.
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
Tailgating begins at 9 at the latest and is an all-day event. No exceptions.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:
TDDance234 wrote:
oh dear lord...this is going to start a new fight......I can't wait :D

Only if I don't have a class going on at that time or I have gotten advance permission from my RA to lay in wait for you
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts

Only if I don't have a class going on at that time or I have gotten advance permission from my RA to lay in wait for you

That a boy.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
TDDance234 wrote:Tailgating begins at 9 at the latest and is an all-day event. No exceptions.
You didn't show up til after 10 to all of em.
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
I am proud to be in the top 5...it's an hoonor... Are we starting next Saturday at 9 or 10AM? Also HMO is not a fairy..He just brought Sexy back and last time I heard SJ is a fan of Mr.Timberlake now...and that is a direct quote from you :pbjtime
Last edited by givemethemic on April 12th, 2007, 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I never said he wasn't good.

I was going more with the hair and scarves about HMO than the music.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
well done on #20

can you please re-format the whole thing in colors?

I like colors

thanks
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
like a rainbow.... :offtopic Medic 1 week to go is the leash going to be long enough to reach down here? :wink:
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:well done on #20

can you please re-format the whole thing in colors?

I like colors

thanks
Ok, you're a fairy too.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
with SJ its ALWAYS a joke...and if you don't get it he will make CERTAIN you know that its supposed to be a joke (I learned that the hard way)
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
givemethemic wrote:like a rainbow.... :offtopic Medic 1 week to go is the leash going to be long enough to reach down here? :wink:
yes, actually.

but its one of those retractable kind- hit the button and it slingshots back with a vengence. So if you see my head snap back and then the bottoms of my feet as I disappear - you know what happened

I'm still looking for a travel partner though.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:with SJ its ALWAYS a joke...and if you don't get it he will make CERTAIN you know that its supposed to be a joke (I learned that the hard way)
and the rest of just sit back and watch....then laugh some more
NMSU

Just by looking into some highlights. The two forw[…]

CUSA Tournament Las Cruces, NM

Liberty will play winner of New Mexico State-Jacks[…]

LSU

Liberty 3 LSU 1, final. Escobar complete game win.[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

It certainly feels ridiculous to see some of these[…]