If you are new to FlameFans, here is the forum to introduce yourself and learn the ropes of how this community operates. We'll also get you up to speed on the ground rules.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ASOR Forums Admin
Posts Custom
Ever wonder about the history of A Sea of Red? The Champion caught up with Jon Manson and went down memory lane a bit. Of course with anybody who has been around the message board for a while we know there is a storied history for this forum as well. Sly can give you all a history lesson sometime :D

“A SEA OF RED” FOUNDER SHARES HIS PASSION FOR LU ATHLETICS
By: Christian Weaner
It was September 2012. Turner Gill was beginning his first season as the Flames head coach, and excitement surrounded a Liberty football program that had recently announced its intentions to seek an FBS Feasibility study. Possibly no Liberty fan was quite as thrilled as Jon Manson.

“By that point in time, my passion for Liberty athletics was pretty strong,” Manson said. “I was a diehard Liberty fan.”

During that month, Manson, a 2006 and 2009 graduate of Liberty University with a passion for LU athletics, launched his new Flames sports blog website: Flames Nation.
LU 57, stokesjokes liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
No mention of FlameFans? Booooooo
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: November 17th, 2020, 2:26 pm Jerry Jr never would've let that article live.
Haha, that was my first thought too.

Purple Haize wrote:No mention of FlameFans? Booooooo
There wasn't enough room in the paper to go down that road...
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: November 17th, 2020, 8:29 pm
Jonathan Carone wrote: November 17th, 2020, 2:26 pm Jerry Jr never would've let that article live.

I mean just a simple “we started under a different name..and still have many of those founding members today”. One sentence. That’s all. It’s hurtful
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: November 17th, 2020, 2:39 pm No mention of FlameFans? Booooooo
the Champion” wrote:With A Sea of Red’s growing success, Manson and Cuneo bought out FlamesFans.com, making ASOR the top independently-run Liberty fan site.
Weak. Nothing about legendary contributor PAmedic either. Shoddy journalism
Sly Fox, Purple Haize liked this
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote: November 18th, 2020, 12:19 pm
Purple Haize wrote: November 17th, 2020, 2:39 pm No mention of FlameFans? Booooooo
the Champion” wrote:With A Sea of Red’s growing success, Manson and Cuneo bought out FlamesFans.com, making ASOR the top independently-run Liberty fan site.
Weak. Nothing about legendary contributor and world class illustrator PAmedic either. Shoddy journalism
FIFY
By Jonathan Carone
Purple Haize wrote: November 17th, 2020, 9:52 pm

I mean just a simple “we started under a different name..and still have many of those founding members today”. One sentence. That’s all. It’s hurtful
You're looking at is as if FlameFans and A Sea Of Red were always the same thing.

When Manson started Flames Nation, there were two separate fan run places: Flames Nation and FlameFans.

Over time, Manson agreed to take over FlameFans and merged it into Flames Nation which then became ASOR.

In the story of ASOR, there's no need to go into the background of FlameFans.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts

You're so needy
By cruzan_flame13
thepostman wrote: November 18th, 2020, 4:56 pm

You're so needy
Ha! :D
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: November 18th, 2020, 4:56 pm

You're so needy
If we faile to recognize history it will fade off into the sunset!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: November 18th, 2020, 3:15 pm

You're looking at is as if FlameFans and A Sea Of Red were always the same thing.

When Manson started Flames Nation, there were two separate fan run places: Flames Nation and FlameFans.

Over time, Manson agreed to take over FlameFans and merged it into Flames Nation which then became ASOR.

In the story of ASOR, there's no need to go into the background of FlameFans.
I get it. When people hit the Big Time, they forget their roots. The people who loved them when no one else did. Helped bail them out of jail. Drove them home from questionable parts of town
It’s ok. Fly my little baby eagle. Fly.....
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
No mention of A-Train, formerly a dedicated bookstore employee, former Champion writer and sports reporter, the man who covered volleyball, women's basketball and softball, the former assistant for tennis who helped lay the foundation for the success that those programs are today? This is FAKE NEWS! :P
Last edited by ATrain on November 20th, 2020, 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
alabama24 liked this
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
And keep in mind some of us go further back than Flames Fans - anyone remember the old Firehouse forums?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote: November 20th, 2020, 9:43 am And keep in mind some of us go further back than Flames Fans - anyone remember the old Firehouse forums?
I do. But when you’re big time you forget the people :wink:
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]