If you are new to FlameFans, here is the forum to introduce yourself and learn the ropes of how this community operates. We'll also get you up to speed on the ground rules.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I hit the switch 15 years ago this week with the technical assistance of El Scorcho. There have been a few posts since. Even better the majority of the initial posters on the site are still posting from time to time here today.
prototype, thepostman, adam42381 and 2 others liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
The name has changed but Flamefans is what brought me in. I appreciate the work you and El Scorcho put in to get this started.
Purple Haize liked this
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
I remember the old Firehouse board, then Flamefans, and now ASOR. Its been an amazing run.
thepostman liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: December 31st, 2019, 2:04 pm I've averaged over 2000 posts per year.

I need a life.
Thanks for that stat because it made me not feel quite as pathetic.

But, for whatever reason, I love this place. So whatever. :D
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Here’s to JT....miss that little fella

Do wish I could get my original name back. I gave it to one of my friends who may or may not have worked at JMU. They’ve moved on and never post anymore. But I guess now I’m stuck with this one.
By cruzan_flame13
Purple Haize wrote: December 31st, 2019, 3:40 pm Here’s to JT....miss that little fella

Do wish I could get my original name back. I gave it to one of my friends who may or may not have worked at JMU. They’ve moved on and never post anymore. But I guess now I’m stuck with this one.
Sounds a lot more like an acquaintance to me :lol:. You're name wasn't something that seemed more attractive for a JMU fan like 'Dukes of Hazzard' or something in that nature was it?
By Jonathan Carone
Purple Haize wrote: December 31st, 2019, 3:40 pm Here’s to JT....miss that little fella
I'm still embarrassed at how long it took me to realize his first name before he outed himself and became Fumble.
Purple Haize liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
JT was a force on the LU Quiz Bowl team in the one year he played as a grad student. He loved beating the faculty team 400-5. And he was a good friend and like a brother to me.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
For those that remember my old screen name should I go back to it?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
March 4 2006 was my first post. I was as clever and insightful than as I am now. I like the Search Feature.
Apparently MBB and Wrestling were big topics back then
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: January 1st, 2020, 12:54 pm @PAmedic was big on the wrestling movement.
That was a great thread.
By jack_sparrow81
Registration Days Posts
I can't believe it's been that's long. I ll go back every now and then to see if the old firehouse still exist - its still orbiting around the internets. Funny stuff to look back on. I really miss the ESPN Big South message board where it all started for a couple of us.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I was one of those lonely souls. The Radford poster from that board called Jack Bauer died a few years back.
By jack_sparrow81
Registration Days Posts
Wow, ya I remember a few Radford and Winthrop fans on there, and the one CSU fan that was named buc nasty. I think one of the Winthrop fans that occasionally post in here was on that forum. Who else was in there besides you, Scar, Luconn that is still posting?
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]