If you are new to FlameFans, here is the forum to introduce yourself and learn the ropes of how this community operates. We'll also get you up to speed on the ground rules.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Over the weekend we rolled out an award function that awarded badges for certain things (i.e. Post count, likes received, etc). If you go to More --> Badge Awards you will find the full list of Badges I have configured.

Right now I am open to your ideas. Poster of the month, Poster of the year are some things I have thought about which would be based on liked received. But I want to make this fun and also want to reward those members who add substance to the forums in hopes it will improve the content on the forums.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Every post I make adds incredible substance. So I’m not sure how fair that is.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: October 16th, 2019, 1:38 pm Every post I make adds incredible substance. So I’m not sure how fair that is.
The Purple Haize BS Badge?
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
prototype wrote: October 16th, 2019, 2:30 pm
Purple Haize wrote: October 16th, 2019, 1:38 pm Every post I make adds incredible substance. So I’m not sure how fair that is.
The Purple Haize BS Badge?
I'm guessing that doesn't stand for Boy Scout. But instead,... :BS
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: October 16th, 2019, 12:09 pm Over the weekend we rolled out an award function that awarded badges for certain things (i.e. Post count, likes received, etc). If you go to More --> Badge Awards you will find the full list of Badges I have configured.

Right now I am open to your ideas. Poster of the month, Poster of the year are some things I have thought about which would be based on liked received. But I want to make this fun and also want to reward those members who add substance to the forums in hopes it will improve the content on the forums.
So why do I get 5 tiny stars and PH gets one big fat star?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
    rogers3 wrote: October 23rd, 2019, 10:13 pm
    thepostman wrote: October 16th, 2019, 12:09 pm Over the weekend we rolled out an award function that awarded badges for certain things (i.e. Post count, likes received, etc). If you go to More --> Badge Awards you will find the full list of Badges I have configured.

So why do I get 5 tiny stars and PH gets one big fat star?
    You’ve met me. Do you think I’d fit on a tiny star? :D
    By alabama24
    Registration Days Posts
    rogers3 wrote: October 23rd, 2019, 10:13 pm So why do I get 5 tiny stars and PH gets one big fat star?
    If you hover over your badge (or mine, or PH's), you will see the criteria.
    By alabama24
    Registration Days Posts
    What I want to know is where the post count went! I can't seem to find it with the current setup.
    By flamehunter
    Registration Days Posts
    alabama24 wrote: October 24th, 2019, 4:12 pm What I want to know is where the post count went! I can't seem to find it with the current setup.
    If you view your profile, scroll down to the bottom where it lists user statistics.
    You're at 3189.
    By Purple Haize
    Registration Days Posts
    alabama24 wrote: October 24th, 2019, 4:20 pm OK. Let me make some more fluff posts like Haize.
    By definition all of my posts are saturated with wisdom and deep perfuffery
    By alabama24
    Registration Days Posts
    I clicked “like” on your post but then realized I have another 2,000 posts to go... so I took it away. Here is your <like>
    By thepostman
    Registration Days Posts
    Likes and likes given will provide more opportunities for badges too!! 😁
    Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]