If you are new to FlameFans, here is the forum to introduce yourself and learn the ropes of how this community operates. We'll also get you up to speed on the ground rules.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Good afternoon,

As I am sure many of you noticed, I have enabled a chat function on the board. There are 2 pieces of this:

#1 The ASOR Chat rooms. Currently I only have one room configured but will be adding a game day room for Saturday'a game and will do the same for basketball season. It will be a great way to have instant banter back and forth. If you have any ideas for other chat room topics please feel free to share them with me in this thread and I will look into adding those. If you have noticed you will see a link to the chat rooms at the top of the page

#2 Private Chat function: At the bottom of the page you will find a blue dialogue bubble. When you click that you will be able to chat with other users privately. You will only be able to chat with members you have marked as "friends'. Similar to the foe function, to add a member as a friend you can click on the members profile and click the "Add Friend" button. Once you do that their name will become available to you to chat with.

As always, if there are any questions please feel free to reach out to me with any questions you may have.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
As an added note, they must be mutual friends so the other user will have to also add you as a friend. PHPBB doesn't send out notifications when someone adds you do their friend list so the other members will have to know you've added them. Working on improving that process.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Just curious--has anybody been chatting with Ballcoach in there? :oldhag He probably could "coach you up"! :blahblah
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I have updated settings so you will get a notification to accept someone as a friend of they add you. Once they accept you then you'll be able to chat with them.

As a note, if you would like to have your friends list be private you can go to account settings (user control panel) --> friends/foes--> manage friends-->who can see friend list

Then just select who you'd like to see your list.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Chat capabilities are currently not functioning. This is an issue with the chat server and out of my hands at the moment but will get it up and running again as soon as possible. I really missed having the chat room during the game today.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: November 4th, 2019, 10:30 am Everything is operational on the server side but I will have to resync everything. I will do that at 9PM tonight.
About time you start earning that big pay check of yours
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: November 4th, 2019, 11:06 pm All chat functions are back up and running. @Purple Haize, thanks in advance for your monetary contribution for my efforts :)
Next round of hookers are on me!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I have unsubscribed to the Ongoing JFLJR thread about 8.4 million times yet I still get email notifications. I feel like George Jettson! Jane! Stop this crazy thing!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: April 23rd, 2020, 6:59 pm The chat feature is temporarily suspended. Pusher, which provided the support for the chat application, has suspended support for chat kit. I am working to get a replacement and hope to have one in place soon.

You can read the announcement here:

https://pusher.com/chatkit
It’s been Corona’d
thepostman liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
There has been some traction in a replacement for the chat feature and we may have something by the end of September. I was hoping to have it before football season started but it has been delayed for some additional testing. I know a few of us really enjoyed it and this will be an improved version of that. I will keep you all posted.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]