If you are new to FlameFans, here is the forum to introduce yourself and learn the ropes of how this community operates. We'll also get you up to speed on the ground rules.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By A Sea of Red
Posts Custom
Class of 20Something wrote: November 8th, 2019, 9:06 am Can we consider ad free for ASOR Club members? You're already getting our money.
It's in the works. Not sure how it will look/work, but it is on our agenda.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
A Sea of Red wrote: November 8th, 2019, 9:15 am
Class of 20Something wrote: November 8th, 2019, 9:06 am Can we consider ad free for ASOR Club members? You're already getting our money.
It's in the works. Not sure how it will look/work, but it is on our agenda.
That would be both nice for the current members and a significant incentive to join for others.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
FYI, i am tracking the issue we are having on some mobile devices with ads covering a portion of posts. We will be reaching out to our ad partner once again as it appears the fix to their code broke something else.

Thank you for being patient with us as we go through some growing pains with the new partner!
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: November 10th, 2019, 9:16 pm FYI, i am tracking the issue we are having on some mobile devices with ads covering a portion of posts. We will be reaching out to our ad partner once again as it appears the fix to their code broke something else.

Thank you for being patient with us as we go through some growing pains with the new partner!
Was gonna mention that but at least I’m not getting car sick from reading anymore so thats good 👍🏼👍🏼 Thanks for the hard work
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I haven't had any issues lately with ads. It seems things have been corrected but looking for some feedback.

Thank you for your support!
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Primarily the shifting page. When I click on the asterisk to go to the last read post, by the time the adjusting finishes, it is often 4-5 posts off.
By Jonathan Carone
alabama24 wrote: November 14th, 2019, 9:11 pm Primarily the shifting page. When I click on the asterisk to go to the last read post, by the time the adjusting finishes, it is often 4-5 posts off.
I get that occasionally too.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
It’s much better on the iPad. Still some shifting issues. The iPhone is another story.
But it’s much improved and I obviously don’t have nearly the problems Bama has
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Ok, thanks for the feedback. I am glad there have been some improvements, hopefully it will continue to get better.
By Jonathan Carone
Some of these ads cover half the screen then go away only to come right back. One actually covered the text box I’m typing in before going away.
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
It’s frustrating to use the forums from a mobile device. I normally use a PC or Mac. After one week of experiencing the glitching and AD issues, I now understand the posts by others.
By Jonathan Carone
I finally had to install an ad blocker. I didn't want to, but since I'm a club member, I feel a little less bad about it.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I still haven't experienced most of the issues you guys have mentioned but I will say this, there are things in the works that I think you guys will appreciate, especially as club members.

I do ask for Manson's sake, to try to avoid utilizing ad blockers for the time being, but that is obviously your choice and I completely understand it being frustrating.
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
SumItUp wrote: November 30th, 2019, 4:04 pm It’s frustrating to use the forums from a mobile device. I normally use a PC or Mac. After one week of experiencing the glitching and AD issues, I now understand the posts by others.
It’s unbearable. I’m looking for ad block options now.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
yeah averaging 3 mis clicks until the dam n page stops moving around and you can select what you want

infuriating

and migraine producing
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote: December 10th, 2019, 6:16 pm Infuriating

and migraine producing
Much like myself (according to my wife).
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Sorry guys. Please hang in there. I know I have sounded like a broken record but we have some things in the works which will be announced by the beginning of the year. So stay tuned!

Thanks for your support. It means a lot.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: December 10th, 2019, 9:46 pm Sorry guys. Please hang in there. I know I have sounded like a broken record but we have some things in the works which will be announced by the beginning of the year. So stay tuned!

Thanks for your support. It means a lot.
I mean I get it. You need ad revenue. But I feel like I’m on a Rank’R page. Literally could not see any ASOR content on my iPad in Landscape mode just now. I mean do I need to see 3 ads for Duluth Trading that take up my entire screen? Yes, I wear Buck Naked underwear. I’m not ashamed to admit it. And I have several pair of ball room jeans as well. But this is the ad hell the Warner us about in Ready Player One. And there’s not even a cool sound track!
By A Sea of Red
Posts Custom
thepostman and I have been working on an ad free layout for some time now, and I believe we have most of the kinks worked out. He and I have been testing this new layout for the past few days.

If you are an ASOR Club member, we will be slowly migrating you over to this new ad free layout over the next couple of weeks with our intention of having everyone switched over by Jan. 1, if not sooner. If you used a different email when you signed up for ASOR Club than what your forums email is, you must let either myself or thepostman know so we can get you switched over as well.

Thank you for your patience and support, and a big shout out to thepostman for figuring this out for us.

If you're not an ASOR Club member, this is another benefit we're happy to offer for you.

Still more in the works.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Another additional feature will be access to a club only subforum. This will give you freedom to discuss all of the content that is provided via the club with some of our more dedicated members. I will be making a more formal announcement once all club members are migrated.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]