If you are new to FlameFans, here is the forum to introduce yourself and learn the ropes of how this community operates. We'll also get you up to speed on the ground rules.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

Purple Haize wrote: June 15th, 2019, 2:17 pm Why is there a black suburban with tinted out windows parked across the street from my house?
My guess is an investigation into meddling in the Bedford sheriff's primary election.

And the board is looking good postman. Thanks!
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Well the good news is the database has been completely updated and we are completely on the new code. However, some of the extensions I wanted to add (video enhancements and a brand new lay out) are timing out when I try to add them. I am in touch with our host and hopefully it'll get resolved in short order.

I really appreciate the feedback. I do like this layout, but there is a better one that I am hoping to introduce in the coming days that should help address most of the issues you guys pointed out.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
If you click on the Quick Links in the top left corner, you can find the UNREAD posts. I'm much happier with that discovery!
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I was able to take care of that pretty easily. I have been working on relaunching our previous layout as it similar to how the ASOR main page is set up but I do like this layout for the most part and will probably leave it open as a choice for those who like it.

The good news about the old layout is that with this upgrade it will be much more responsive in the mobile environment. I have updated many servers but haven't done a ton with coding so it has been a fun and interesting weekend.

Thanks so much your feedback, it really is appreciated.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Good news..I have now enabled the feature that will allow you to simply post the link from all social media sources many others and the code will automatically embed the media. There is no longer a need to use the bbcode syntax!

Here is an example:

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: June 17th, 2019, 9:25 am The good news about the old layout is that with this upgrade it will be much more responsive in the mobile environment.
Some of us old guys still have flip phones. :oldhag And I'm NOT talking about Ballcoach.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I have added a new board style that is very similar to our old layout with a few added features. I am still working on it but it is good enough for beta testing to get some more eyes on it to give me some feedback. Here is how you change your board preferences.

User Control Panel --> Board Prefrences --> Select Flatboots --> Click submit

Looking forward to getting some feedback.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
How do I find the Control Panel? :oldhag :dontgetit
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
For the most part, everything is complete. Some minor tweaks need to still be complete but I am going on vacation tomorrow so I'll take care of those things later.

Thanks for your patience and turn those ad blockers off so Manson can pay the bills!! 😁
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
The format I'm using now is called "Flat Style Red," but it's mostly black and gray, and I like it. The red was so bright that it hurt my eyes. :oldhag
May I make one minor suggestion? When a topic isn't read yet it just shows up in a little bit darker shade of grey. Can we change that color? Its a little hard to tell whether its been read or not. other than that it looks great guys awesome work.
I'm also guessing that the avi's next to the usernames on each post haven't been transferred over yet since no ones is showing up yet. sorry just checking. no rush
Longwood

Liberty wins 9-3. Roupe 2 homers, 4 RBI. Jesse hom[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

He’s the exception to the rule. Opposing […]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

Aaron Judge is killing me right now. 6 starte[…]

Just remember that fine academic institution, Loui[…]