If you are new to FlameFans, here is the forum to introduce yourself and learn the ropes of how this community operates. We'll also get you up to speed on the ground rules.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
In the past day or two this site has become almost unusable on my phone. Whole page ads pop up out of nowhere, never had those before. And it keeps locking up trying to load those ads.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote: November 23rd, 2019, 3:02 pm In the past day or two this site has become almost unusable on my phone. Whole page ads pop up out of nowhere, never had those before. And it keeps locking up trying to load those ads.
Yeah trying to load on the iPhone is nearly impossible. And the ads problem is creeping back in on the iPad
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Also now frequently getting the error “this webpage reloaded because of a problem”

iPhone .
Grey bar at the top of the screen
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote: November 24th, 2019, 8:30 am Also now frequently getting the error “this webpage reloaded because of a problem”

iPhone .
Grey bar at the top of the screen
At your height how can you even see over the top of the pop up ads?
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I'm sorry you all are still experiencing issues. My experience has improved significantly recently. that is partly because I've upgraded my phone. Jon is working with the ad partner to make the mobile experience as good as possible.

As for popups, you shouldn't be receiving any of those. So I'm not sure if I am fully understanding what you're experiencing.

I haven't had any issues with the site not remembering me, are you still experiencing that problem@Purple Haize ?

I'm out of town all week but we are doing our best to balance ad support with user experience. I certainly acknowledge that it is a delicate balance.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: November 24th, 2019, 9:06 am I'm sorry you all are still experiencing issues. My experience has improved significantly recently. that is partly because I've upgraded my phone. Jon is working with the ad partner to make the mobile experience as good as possible.

As for popups, you shouldn't be receiving any of those. So I'm not sure if I am fully understanding what you're experiencing.

I haven't had any issues with the site not remembering me, are you still experiencing that problem@Purple Haize ?

I'm out of town all week but we are doing our best to balance ad support with user experience. I certainly acknowledge that it is a delicate balance.
I kept tapping around until it finally had the box checked
You do what you have to do in your personal life. This is secondary
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
I know this isn’t the option the mods want, but I’m using 1Blocker on iPhone and am experiencing none of these issues. At some point user experience trumps everything else.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
The pop up that was soooooooooooooooo annoying was the one that came up from the bottom of the page and covered almost half of the page. Thankfully that is now gone. It made the forum almost unreadable. Thanks for whoever took care of that. 8)
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote: November 24th, 2019, 1:44 pm I know this isn’t the option the mods want, but I’m using 1Blocker on iPhone and am experiencing none of these issues. At some point user experience trumps everything else.
What is this sorcery you talk about?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
For the love of all that is Holy. Make the email notifications stop. I’ve Unsubscribed 8.5 million times now! The Ongoing Jerry thread keeps sending me notifications!
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Go to User Control Panel-->Overview-->Manage Subscriptions and ensure you unsubscribe from it there. If you still get email notifications after removing it there, let me know.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
A few minor additions to the board.

A. Image uploads now uploaded directly to imgur and then embedded into your post. There won't be much difference seen by users. It will help save server space. One minor change is for mobile devices you just click on the green circle to upload images.

B. There is now a night time theme called nightstalker. This is similar to "dark mode" a lot of apps have these days.

C. I have changed how social media is embedded. It will help performance in the case there are a lot of embedded posts in a thread.

Some other minor changes/improvements may be coming but I'm waiting until after the bowl game to start testing those.
LU 57 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: December 18th, 2019, 7:22 pm A few minor additions to the board.

A. Image uploads now uploaded directly to imgur and then embedded into your post. There won't be much difference seen by users. It will help save server space. One minor change is for mobile devices you just click on the green circle to upload images.

B. There is now a night time theme called nightstalker. This is similar to "dark mode" a lot of apps have these days.

C. I have changed how social media is embedded. It will help performance in the case there are a lot of embedded posts in a thread.

Some other minor changes/improvements may be coming but I'm waiting until after the bowl game to start testing those.
Night stalker makes me happy
LU 57 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: December 18th, 2019, 7:57 pm Merry Christmas 🎅
Not that I can find it on my iPad settings :roll:
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
At the top of the page you'll see you're username when you tape the menu with 3 lines. To the right you should see a down arrow which will take you to the menu I posted a screenshot of.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: December 18th, 2019, 8:11 pm At the top of the page you'll see you're username when you tape the menu with 3 lines. To the right you should see a down arrow which will take you to the menu I posted a screenshot of.
Nope. Gives me a control panel option
By LU 57
Purple Haize wrote: December 18th, 2019, 7:56 pm
thepostman wrote: December 18th, 2019, 7:22 pm A few minor additions to the board.

Night stalker makes me happy
+1 🔥🔥🔥
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
If there was only a way to display all the badges we’ve obtained
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]